Toho Eurobeat Vol.10: Highly Responsive To Prayers

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 10 Aug 2014, 08:10

Touhou is a bullet hell game created by ZUN. As far as I know, he composed the complete soundtrack and programmed all games of the Touhou series by himself. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no expert.
A big fanbase has been created with the Touhou series, there are many, many doujinshi around it. Toho (it's the way how Touhou is pronounced) Eurobeat are just remixes of the soundtrack by ZUN (as well as songs by IOSYS, in order to name a non-Eurobeat group which remixes/arranges Touhou songs).
Probably, that was not the most accurate description, but more or less it should explain that.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 10 Aug 2014, 11:53

yes,a free,multi-series 2d shooting game with a bunch of teena-girls,lesbians

from game to soundtrack is totally to free to remix,remake :razz: alots of fanworks....
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 11 Aug 2014, 02:12

All I'll say is, the versions I sent to A-One are not the versions that ended up on the album. Both had stronger kicks and different mixing. Also, "Time Will Tell" is not a remix of Positives and Negatives, bit of two songs, one of which is "Now, Until The Day You Die".
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Aug 2014, 06:14

zoupzuop2
ll I'll say is, the versions I sent to A-One are not the versions that ended up on the album. Both had stronger kicks and different mixing. Also, "Time Will Tell" is not a remix of Positives and Negatives, bit of two songs, one of which is "Now, Until The Day You Die".
Did they tell you they would alter your music or can they just do it without any notice?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 11 Aug 2014, 15:05

zoupzuop2 wrote:All I'll say is, the versions I sent to A-One are not the versions that ended up on the album. Both had stronger kicks and different mixing. Also, "Time Will Tell" is not a remix of Positives and Negatives, bit of two songs, one of which is "Now, Until The Day You Die".
That's disappointing, since I think the mixing and kicks are probably the weakest parts of the tracks :(

I'm assuming you won't be able to make the alternative versions available elsewhere?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 11 Aug 2014, 15:45

drnrg wrote:Did they tell you they would alter your music or can they just do it without any notice?
They didn't say anything about it. I venture it was part of the mastering process. (It's probably the same kind of decision that added a lot of reverb to "Worldly Spirits").
the_ditz wrote:That's disappointing, since I think the mixing and kicks are probably the weakest parts of the tracks :(

I'm assuming you won't be able to make the alternative versions available elsewhere?
Coincidentally the kicks were VERY strong in "No Guardian Angel". I'll be uploading videos of the original versions and pointing people to sites to import the CDs, but to not infringe on A-One's publishing I will not be making the original mp3s available.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Aug 2014, 08:45

For an example of the kind of mixing "No Guardian Angel" had before I sent it in, here's a teaser clip I posted to Tumblr some time back:

http://odysseyeurobeat.tumblr.com/post/ ... beatc-like
Join me on an Odyssey.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Aug 2014, 17:00

zoupzuop2 wrote:Coincidentally the kicks were VERY strong in "No Guardian Angel". I'll be uploading videos of the original versions and pointing people to sites to import the CDs, but to not infringe on A-One's publishing I will not be making the original mp3s available.
They can't export anything and all doujin shop online can't export any CD outside of Japan. Linking to it will NOT help sales at all here. To import ONE CD with a company doing just that, cost MUCH MORE to even buy a SEB CD on CDJapan. SEB on CDJapan costs me ~35$. But importing TEB cost me ~50$ for less (9-10 tracks vs. 15).

Personally, it makes me mad that your songs were edited (mastering would only change the sound levels) and you should call out Elementas toward that. And since the songs are different, why the fuck would you hold on them? What publishing infringement you'll break? NONE! The songs are different!

Again, I would call him on that and try to get justification. Seriously.

On a brighter note, that riff preview sounded amazing.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 19 Aug 2014, 01:26

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Aug 2014, 03:12

So... I just got to hear "No Guardian Angel" entirely and... it wouldn't be such a bad song if the vocals weren't so distorted! It sounds like Travis is singing through his shirt or something. It's THAT bad. Of course, the loudness war just doesn't help the cause at all.

Time Will Tell have a similar problem. :\

Too bad because the songs are pretty darn good. Destroyed by destructive mastering.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 23 Aug 2014, 05:36

My favorites on this one are Love the Beat and No Guardian Angel. Relief is a nice j-euro song. The riff seems to use the same synths as Light Your Fire / Lolita which is a very good song. Beats Shower has a crazy riff that demands attention. The album's other songs are lacking imo.
Last edited by Tiger on 23 Aug 2014, 06:17, edited 2 times in total.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 23 Aug 2014, 05:46

eXtaticus wrote:The first track has some melodies from Hot Hot Racing Car in the synth line during the chorus
Actually I think the whole song is based on the melody from that song now that the whole song is released =/

The riff for Love The Beat can be compared to Power Two / Hotblade as well.