Super Eurobeat 231

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 22 Oct 2014, 08:37

So, the release date is today andddddd ... not even a teaser??

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 22 Oct 2014, 14:51

do you really expected that? from slowpoke Avex?

pffff nah

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 22 Oct 2014, 16:04

milachan wrote:do you really expected that? from slowpoke Avex?

pffff nah
I wasn't expecting it to go back to the olden days but come on, this is just beyond ridiculous. Today's the official release date, but it may as well not have been. It's not up on iTunes or any other digital shop for that matter, no teaser and there's no formal announcement on their FB page whatsoever that 231 is released today. My guess is that they really don't give a fuck about this at all.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Oct 2014, 18:46

You wonder why they would release the album at all if they're not going to promote it in any way, shape, or form. Not knowing whether this $30 CD is decent or just a pile of disposable schlock, I'm not confident if I should even order it at all. Part of me already regretted purchasing SEB 229, as Tiger is really the only track on it that I've listened to multiple times.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 22 Oct 2014, 20:50

fyi guys its a pretty bad album, got mine yesterday. delta, sinclaire and scp were the only good ones (manuel included). hrg was super disappointing.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 23 Oct 2014, 01:38

is it THAT bad…?
(and all 3 hrg tracks)
oh my--

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 23 Oct 2014, 02:38

No post about it from their FB page.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 23 Oct 2014, 03:44

Bonkers wrote:No post about it from their FB page.
The thing is, it wasn't very long ago that the enthusiasm from the SEB crew could still be felt. There were tons of tidbits, updates and promotions on the main SEB website or any form of social media to kick things up. Tracklist, cover art and samples came roughly 2-3 weeks before the actual release getting people hyped, lots of discussions went on and people were highly anticipating (or not anticipating) left and right. When the release date arrives, the album is FULLY RELEASED, meaning that people who chose to opt for the less preferred digital format can get the album on THAT DAY ITSELF. The best part? This was all done when SEB still had a one SEB per month schedule.

What's wrong with this format huh, Avex? They were at least trying during the 22x, but the amount of fucks given for 231 is just downright ridiculous.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 23 Oct 2014, 06:25

I have to agree as well that this is insane and something must be done about it, whether they will listen or not, we will protest, and I hope the labels are trying their hardest in fighting against Avex.

It's already one day past the release date and still nothing out there to download (not even on the Japanese sites, and trust me, I've searched them all! No previews on any of those sites either, nada, zero.), or any other info on the album other than the one teaser from Sinclaire Style, and the para para routines for 2 songs off the album. Sinclaire Style's new songs are not even on Amazon.com, or ITunes or Spotify like they have ALWAYS been in the past on the exact same release date as when the SEB albums come out.

The word ridiculous isn't even strong enough. Shame on you Avex for destroying our anticipation for this album.

I wish we could ALL join in and post on Avex's SEB facebook/twitter our feelings and make them really open their eyes for once! :-x :-x :-x

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 23 Oct 2014, 09:51

synthjunkie wrote:I wish we could ALL join in and post on Avex's SEB facebook/twitter our feelings and make them really open their eyes for once! :-x :-x :-x
Why don't we do that? I'd participate.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Oct 2014, 10:56

KiraTM wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:I wish we could ALL join in and post on Avex's SEB facebook/twitter our feelings and make them really open their eyes for once! :-x :-x :-x
Why don't we do that? I'd participate.
I'd participate too.
SEB 231 isn't even on iTunes Japan, yet.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 23 Oct 2014, 14:46

Fan-made teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOoAPY8pRE0
taQ wrote:fyi guys its a pretty bad album, got mine yesterday. delta, sinclaire and scp were the only good ones (manuel included). hrg was super disappointing.
This album is disappointing…
hrg tracks are soooooo weak I'm crying

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 23 Oct 2014, 15:24

Someone give that fan a trophy already, he totally deserves it. If Avex weren't the ones still giving the labels an avenue to showcase their music, I would have given them the middle finger and tell them to suck eggs long ago.

On a brighter note, I like these tracks so far,

With A Little Bit Of True Love / David Dima
No recycled riff, which is a huge improvement from the Dima label. Not only that, the epic level is high in this one, really digging it so far!

Get Yourself The Real Thing / Lou Master
'Real' is right, this song, while relatively old, sounds awesome as hell! Definitely a fan favourite in the making! The question is: Will this have an extended edition? 8)

Full Desire / Rich Hard
A lot of people are definitely going to hate this track. It might not be the best Rich Hard track ('Fight' is a very tough nut to crack) but the alias's signature 'weirdness' is a charm of it's own. Can't wait for the full track.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 23 Oct 2014, 16:25

The songs by Rich Hard and ACE & Pamsy sounded really good. Also the Mela tracks sounds nice but the pitch thing...
Nevertheless, I'm going to buy this album, no matter if good or bad, as soon as possible. I'm sure I'll like more songs when I've heard the full tracks.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 23 Oct 2014, 17:30

Wow, all the hrg riffs sound like shitty trance leads. It's hard to believe their composition style would change so suddenly, I'm starting to suspect they're using one of those pay-for-melodies midi packs.

(Yep it's totally a thing)

http://www.dancemidisamples.com/dms-dee ... vol-1.html