Super Eurobeat 231

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Oct 2014, 21:28

Had the chance to listen to "The Prey (Crazy Lover)" thanks to Mr. Rizzi himself. It's a very good song I must say!

That was not a biased opinion. I actually think that.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 24 Oct 2014, 22:06

Cy-Ro wrote:Got my CD today :D

So far Hey Chicken is my favorite.

Uploaded it to youtube.

http://youtu.be/QLKhN1cD__4
Oh my-- I can say I've half changed my impressions after listening to it fully hahahahahaha

wish I could hear the other two too

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 25 Oct 2014, 00:42

milachan wrote:
Cy-Ro wrote:Got my CD today :D

So far Hey Chicken is my favorite.

Uploaded it to youtube.

http://youtu.be/QLKhN1cD__4
Oh my-- I can say I've half changed my impressions after listening to it fully hahahahahaha

wish I could hear the other two too
Might as well ask him to upload the whole album just like Eurolovers since that guy ain't doing it. :razz:

P.S. : Still waiting on a digital release, Avex!

Cy-Ro
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Cy-Ro » 25 Oct 2014, 08:20

On my way to upload all the songs :wink:

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 25 Oct 2014, 09:02

Cy-Ro wrote:On my way to upload all the songs :wink:
Much appreciated! If those fudgecakes at Evil-X decide that they don't want my money, then to hell with em, I'm still gonna ride the SEB train no matter what.

Cy-Ro
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Cy-Ro » 25 Oct 2014, 09:30

WNight wrote:
Cy-Ro wrote:On my way to upload all the songs :wink:
Much appreciated! If those fudgecakes at Evil-X decide that they don't want my money, then to hell with em, I'm still gonna ride the SEB train no matter what.
Every song is now uploaded 8)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... OzuQzP65ex

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 25 Oct 2014, 14:00

Currently, I'm listening to your playlist. I'm at "Let Me In" now. The album's really good so far excluding the Norma track...
Well, I couldn't stop laughing while listening to "Hey Chicken". If I wouldn't buy each new SEB, this song would be the one which made me think that this SEB is a must-have. Seriously, that is probably the funniest Eurobeat song I've heard in a while. :grin:

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 25 Oct 2014, 14:03

Great songs on this album. I hardly dislike any song.
I even like Rich Hard this time around.

For the ones who didn't check out the Vicky Vale album on I Tunes:

check 'rocket to eurobeat'. Great song from the same year.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 25 Oct 2014, 15:09

Initial impressions:

I'm throughly enjoying the Dima track, it has a sentimental eurobeat feel while not compromising on the label's strong sound.
No rehash of any of his previous tracks. Other tracks I'm enjoying are the Rich Hard, Ana, Lou Master, Mela, Vicky Vale and even the Norma track.

Neither duets make a huge impression so far, which does sound rather disheartening since they aren't sung by 'small name eurobeaters'. Hi-NRG Attack has some rather interesting melodies this time round, and I'm on the fence about Manuel's track, good as it is, 'Tiger' just keeps coming into my head.

The only label I feel that is missing the mark so far, is Delta.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 25 Oct 2014, 16:02

And now everybody's impressions changed on a whim...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 25 Oct 2014, 16:20

Lebon14 wrote:And now everybody's impressions changed on a whim...
Maybe because people can listen to a whole song now? Great leap of reason! :???:

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 25 Oct 2014, 17:05

Lebon14 wrote:And now everybody's impressions changed on a whim...
This album is still bad in my opinion.
now I have some clarity to look on as, song by song, the reasons I don't like it.

Album overall is ★★☆☆☆ it could get better with some insistence.
Best tracks are Get Yourself The Real Thing, Bye Bye Love Night and Wanna Be My Geisha?
Honorable mentions go to HRG tracks (specially Hot Milk): they're not completely good but had potential…
"I think I will like if I listen a lot" is Rich Hard's track
"Not so good" tracks are Mela and Ace… well…

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 25 Oct 2014, 17:32

Cy-Ro you are the hero! So far im really loving Dima's song. It has been a while since I haved enjoyed this much Dima Music. Also Sunfire is always on fire! They just can't go wrong! :grin:

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 25 Oct 2014, 17:51

WNight wrote:There's only 2 or so people (including me) who likes 'Full Desire' so far and I don't see that it will increase. Like I've said, this song is not going to sit well with many people or become a fan favourite like SCP. Rich Hard's (or Sun Fire altogether for that matter) tracks are really all about challenging the 'status quo', and it won't stop at any boundaries. You either like them for 'daring to go so far out the box' or hate them for the exact same reason.
Hmm, I'm all for experimentation in music, but just because a track is different does not automatically make it good. It's especially difficult to successfully toy around with eurobeat, a genre grounded in orthodox song structures and instrumentations. In fact, Rich Hard's new track doesn't appear to be challenging any phrasing conventions (like Delta Queens' verse-less Hello Hello from SEB 187), nor is its subject matter anything groundbreaking for the genre (as Rich Hard's own Pirates was before) - the fact that the title contains the word 'Desire' pretty much says it all. The only thing that makes the song "different," in my eyes, is its unprecedented lack of direction, something which ultimately backfires in a way it didn't on the artist's earliest songs.

For another example of "different" eurobeat done right, some of Bratt Sinclaire's early productions for the Za-Za artist, particularly It's Only Love, In the Heart of Rome, and Come and Go; are incredibly experimental, but are also among my favorite tracks he worked on, especially the first. Not only are their musical progressions so non sequitur, they utilize a synthesizer effect that combines Clara Moroni and Daniela Rando's vocals into one. The result is borderline eerie, but incredibly endearing for the same reason. I wish more eurobeat these days could be that successfully daring.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 25 Oct 2014, 20:14

After a full listen, the 4 top songs for me are, in order of best on the top:

1. Manuel - Wanna Be My Geisha? :!: :!: :!:
Amazing intro, amazing chorus, amazing lyrics, love the riff in how it changes after the 2nd chorus - very original! The lyrics help paint a beautiful love story between a boy and a Japanese girl.
Awesome guitars after the 2nd chorus. Thing song makes me cry in how beautifully it's made! I hope this comes out in extended someday.

"Do you wanna feed this hungry boy with your love?"
"Everyday I fall in wet dreams baby irresistible!!!"

2. David Dima - With A Little Bit Of True Love :!: :!:
Yes, there is auto-tune, but somehow it sounds ok with this song.
Some mainstream pop/EDM elements in this song, such as the use of repetition of words, ie, the part where he sings "everything, everything, everything" in the chorus at the end.
Very different from other Dima songs, but in a very good way. Love the long riff. I hope to hear more original songs like this one from Dima in the future!

3. Lou Master - Get Yourself The Real Thing :!:
What can I say? Another powerful male vocalist, more traditional sounding powerful eurobeat, but done well! Not much more to say.

4. Nando - Music In Action :grin:
Always loved Bonini's vocals, and will never get sick of them. His voice is so nostalgic. Nothing too innovative, but still a good song, nevertheless.

Honorable mentions:
--Ana - Bye Bye Love Night
great to see a new vocalist, a bit hard to hear her whispy voice and understand what she is singing about in this song, and so I hope to hear more from her in the future in a song that helps her voice shine through more without the songs instruments interfering with her voice. Definitely very good potential to become a very good artist in the future.

--Norma Sheffield - Baby You'll Be My Lover
even if her voice isn't my favourite, I enjoyed the melody of the song, very traditional old school aishu, with all the bell synths. Sounds like it could have been produced many years ago. Would love to have seen this song sung by Karen Wainwright, though. Will she ever come back??

Decent songs, but nothing too special:

--Ace & Pamsy - Inside My Soul
Fun, bouncy, kinda immaturish, so not really my favourite style...Definately not as bad as the HRG stuff on this album, but far from being awesome.

--Daniel & Cherry - The Prey (Crazy Lover)
I want Delta to surprise me more than just this...Maybe try some new sounds worlds or something?

--Lelsie Parrish - Let Me In
Better than the Duet with Daniel, nice intro, but still not her best...
Same comment as above...

Least favourites:
--All the HRG songs. I don't think I have to explain that I don't like immature sounding songs... (even though "Hot Milk" did surprise me with it's innuendos all over the place and I'll give some good credit to that at least.)

--Mela - Just A Love Story
The voice ruins it, the melody isn't that bad at all though...

--Vicky Vale - Para Para Cannibal (Platinum Mix)
Very bland, her voice sounds boring as if she has no feeling to the lyrics she is singing. Melody isn't the greatest either. At least I did like the intro making a short reference to Niko - Night Of Fire, but aside from that, nothing much else did it for me in this song.

--Rich Hard - Full Desire
the song sounds all over the place, heavy Italian accent + auto-tune = disaster. I love accents, but mixed with the auto-tune just killed it for me.
Worst song on the album by far. I understand Dave might be trying to find some innovation, but it might take him some trial and error until he finds the right balance again.

All in all, a mediocre album, with 4 amazingly strong songs, and the rest mostly bland, or just bad.

I totally understand how all songs cannot be made to sound the same to my liking, and everybody likes different styles, so an album with variety is the key to keep everybody happy at least...those who like serious songs, immature songs, happy hardcore songs, trational eurobeat, or whatever it is you like.

For my taste, 4 songs made me very happy so I'd give it 3 out of 6 stars.