Super Eurobeat 231

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 11 Nov 2014, 22:17

Hey Chicken is one of the funniest Eurobeat songs by far. Chances are high that this song will be my favorite. :D

vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 12 Nov 2014, 16:47

Vadio wrote:So, any sales number yet?
442 copies, making it to #176 on weekly oricon chart.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 12 Nov 2014, 20:01

vinyl12 wrote:442 copies, making it to #176 on weekly oricon chart.
#176 out of…??

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 13 Nov 2014, 09:04

milachan wrote:
#176 out of…??

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 13 Nov 2014, 15:31

WNight wrote:
milachan wrote:
#176 out of…??
and it could be OUT of the chart, I suppose…?
or they consider all weekly releases (ie. even with less than 100 sales)

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 13 Nov 2014, 17:32

vinyl12 wrote:
Vadio wrote:So, any sales number yet?
442 copies, making it to #176 on weekly oricon chart.
Oooh, thanks. Good to know about it (but even if it was totally expected, not good to see this :? )

Also, #176 out of 176....ouch. And still, Avex refuses to change or do something different.... :|

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 13 Nov 2014, 18:19

Oh, look what I've done...

Post not serious guys, I have no idea what the 176 is out of, wait for vinyl12's official reply. 8)

vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 14 Nov 2014, 09:04

oricon weekly album chart is a top300 chart, so it is #176 out of 300. #300 usually means the album sold 250 to 300 copies that week.

i didn't buy the cd nor did i listen to the full album so i may not be eligible to tell this, but i can see that sales is still on decline. i thought it bottomed out in 210s when extended releases sold more than 500 copies...

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 14 Nov 2014, 15:56

vinyl12 wrote:oricon weekly album chart is a top300 chart, so it is #176 out of 300. #300 usually means the album sold 250 to 300 copies that week.

i didn't buy the cd nor did i listen to the full album so i may not be eligible to tell this, but i can see that sales is still on decline. i thought it bottomed out in 210s when extended releases sold more than 500 copies...
Might the near complete lack of communication contribute to this factor?

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 21 Nov 2014, 19:30

Very short clip of the new Lolita song!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 22 Nov 2014, 06:40

Darkholme wrote:Very short clip of the new Lolita song!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater
ugh, i really don't like to judge upcoming songs off of previews, even the samples they release before each SEB. But this does sound promising...

Also, in the process of finally listening to the 2nd half of this album now. I neeeeed to get fully back into Eurobeat.

edit - Finally finished. I give the album a 3.5 out of 5. Inside My Soul was definitely the best song on the album and the only track that I rate a solid 5.

Other tracks I enjoyed were Music In Action, Just A Love Story, Para Para Cannibal, and Hey Chicken. Bye Bye Love Night may be growing on me as well. (waaah-ah-ah-ah, waaaaaah, waaaaah)

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 16 Dec 2014, 22:45

Finally, I am motivated enough to write my own 231 review. Why I needed this motivation? Well, you'll understand when you read my conclusion.
Also, I'd like to try out yet another rating system since I wasn't sure if my “15 points system” was transparent and/or understandable. Instead, I'll give ratings in percent. From 0% (song was made by Lucifer himself) to 100% (wish I could fap to songs). Also, I added numbers under the song names. I'll tell you my intention of them in the end of this review, but I'm sure you will recognize their sense. Anyway, have fun reading my review!

01 ACE & Pamsy – Inside My Soul (90%)
Let's start with a catchy, aggressive SCP-like intro, hell yeah! Since ACE is my favorite SCP vocalist and Pamsy had a great comeback, I had great expectations. And this song didn't disappoint me. This track reminds me of summer, it probably would fit more in a SEB released in summer months. It gives me this special hot feeling of sitting in a roller coaster on a hot day in June. Well, I can't say much more about this song. The lyrics are nice, the “Oh Oh Oh!” parts catchy as hell and all in all, it 's a great production.

02 Bon – Music In Action (85%)
The next track is a new Sinclaire song. For me, this “golden time” of SS didn't end with 229. No, this track kicks ass. Its aggressive sound combined with Bon's magic vocals, which fit perfectly, makes this song amazing. Is it strange if this song gives me a summer feeling too? Not the roller coaster feeling, while listening to this, I think of a beach, warm water and ice cream in my hand. Haha... Probably, no one would associate this song to the things I thought of. Anyway, the song ends somehow abruptly, that's bothering me. Also, the song's not as good as Inside My Soul. Still, it has strength, aggressiveness and Bon, which is nice.

03 Manuel – Do You Wanna Be My Geisha? (40%)
The intro totally sounds like “U R Everything” by Kitsune² (Chiptune, not Eurobeat), but that's just my impression. Well, Manuel has got a wonderful voice. He definitely would be in my Top 5 of male Eurobeat vocalists. Anyway, his last song, Tiger (229), was a great (and funny) one. That's why I had high expectations about this track. But I can't say on how much this entry has disappointed me. The sound's somehow confused and the lyrics don't really seem to fit on the music. Every time Manuel sings “Do you wanna be my geisha?”, I want to stop the music player (or I skip to the next song while driving). This part is just un-melodious.

04 The Smurfs – Just A Love Story (70%)
I guess, this one was the biggest surprise for me. The high pitch ruins the whole song – at least, this is the common opinion. Well, and I can agree partly. After listening to this some times, it started to get stuck into my head. Also, I have to confess I was a Nightcore fan a few years ago. So, maybe I'm just used to this Nightcore-like pitch. I dunno. But the thing which really is bothering me are the instrumental parts between the verses. At first, I didn't noticed it. But when I listened to it with earphones, I began to concentrate on the melody. For me, the melody sounds too pitched. The song had potential, but at this level of pitch (for both music and vocals), I can't enjoy it as the first songs on this album.

05 Daniel & Cherry – The Prey (Crazy Lover) (90%)
The sung intro is lame and... OH WOW! The instrumental part begins and I'm amazed. This is pure Delta sound how it should be (or: how I do like it). The vocals aren't special but not bad either. It's the instrumental parts which hook me that much. And I mean that much that I can forget about the almost-boring vocals. It's a great tune for relaxing (or sleeping in bus...).

06 Lucky Boy – Joker Face (45%)
Well, let's come back to the almost-lows of this album. Joker Face isn't a bad song but I couldn't say it's a good one. It's a generic HRG track with a somehow unfitting text as chorus. Sorry, I can't talk much about this one...

07 Vicky Vale – Para Para Cannibal [Platinum Mix] (85%)
Oh yeah, another new old song. Yay. That's my thought I have while reading each new tracklist that contains a Platinum Mix (or Norma song). The intro with its “Uh, uh!” and “Get it!” sounds totally dumb. Then, the “real” intro begins and it reminds me of Eurobeat only Pepperidge Farm remembers. 90's Eurobeat with a touch of modern styles. Plus, the vocals are well-done, even if I'm no Vicky Vale fan. Vicky's voice during the pre-chorus (is this the real name of this kind of musical part?) gives a lovely touch to this tune. It's a shame that this song didn't got my whole attention yet... Anyway, without these silly “Uh, uh, uh!” shouts during the song, it would be a little bit better.

08 David Dima – With A Little Bit Of True Love (90%)
Oh wow, a new Dima track. That's almost good... Again, that's my thought nowadays. The latest Dima songs weren't “special”. Well, With A Little Bit Of True Love gives me a dark, sad feeling, but at the same time, it gives me the energy Eurobeat usually gives to me. It's like Sunrise ~You'll Always Be Alive~ (215). The vocal work is really nice – even with autotune. This relaxed style of this track perfectly matches to Dima. Yes, I do miss songs like Stormbringer but this track proved it perfectly that Dima can do much more than aggressive songs. I hope David finally have found the right direction for his future releases.

09 Norma Sheffield – Baby You'll Be My Lover (5%)
I wonder why I played this song that much. The relaxed intro is nice, but everything else... NOPE. When will avex use the CD space for other productions? You guys probably know my opinion about Norma Sheffield, so I won't write anything more about this song.

10 Nikita Jr. – Hot Milk / Hug Me (60%)
Again, we get a generic HRG song. But it's about 69 and BJ. Instant +100%! Haha, no. But it shocked me a little bit when I've read the booklet. :D Anyway, even if this song sounds generic, the melody is really good. The vocals are nice but nothing special, I'd say... “average”? Average, indeed. Still better than Joker Face.

11 Rich Hard – Full Desire (99%)
Rich Hard! Much music. Very unique. So Eurobeat. Wow. Well, I love this unique Eurobeat and vocal style of Rich Hard. Half of all RH releases became instant favorites of mine. But I don't know how I can describe this... But since this song don't reach Catching The Fire or Blue, I only can rate it with solid 99%.

12 Jeff Driller – Hey Chicken (100%)
Bok, bok! Bok, bok bok, bok bok bok. Bok bok bok bok. Bok? Bok. Bok bok, bok bok. Bok bok bok – bok bok – bok bok. Bok! Bok, bok bok bok bok. Bok bok, bok. Bok bok bok. Kikereki!

13 Leslie Parrish – Let Me In (55%)
Next Delta track, this time by Leslie Parrish. I hope she will sing a “My King Is You 2.0” some time. Yeah, I didn't got that. Instead, it's a standard Leslie tune. It sounds changeable. avex could have e put another Leslie song on this CD and I probably wouldn't even notice the difference. Well, can't say much about this track, sorry.

14 Ana – Bye Bye Love Night (95%)
I'm not sure but I think this newcomer is Ducky Chix with another alias. Anyway, the preview didn't sound promising, so I didn't make hopes or had high expectations. (Now as I write that, that was completely the same situation as with Ducky Chix' Prayer(224)). I like the intro and outro where Ana reads a letter she wrote after a one night stand (I guess?). The verses are catchy and the chorus as well. Sinclaire did it again, he managed it again to produce a fantastic tune. Love the music, love the voice, love the whole song. More!

15 Lou Master – Get Yourself The Real Thing (25%)
Yay, SCP! Yay, Lou Master! Yay, nope! Lou Master made great tracks in the past, but this it's almost un-hearable. I'd even say, this song is the most horrible one SCP made in the past years.

To sum up my review, I must admit this album wasn't the best. Even if most ratings seem “average to good”, it wasn't enough to impress that much. The numbers under the titles are the ply counters at the time of writing this review. Yep, Hey Chicken with only 17 plays was the best one. Usually, I have listened to the whole album at least 20 times at this time (two months after release). Okay, maybe not the whole album, but it's common that at least two to three songs had been played more than 40 to 50 times. I just couldn't motivate myself to listen to this album as much as I usually do. And that's why my review comes that late. Normally, I write it three weeks after release. I think that says much about this album.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 16 Dec 2014, 22:56

KiraTM wrote:I'll give ratings in percent. From 0% (song was made by Lucifer himself) to 100% (wish I could fap to songs).
KiraTM wrote:12 Jeff Driller – Hey Chicken (100%)
Bok, bok! Bok, bok bok, bok bok bok. Bok bok bok bok. Bok? Bok. Bok bok, bok bok. Bok bok bok – bok bok – bok bok. Bok! Bok, bok bok bok bok. Bok bok, bok. Bok bok bok. Kikereki!
*hugs*

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 17 Dec 2014, 13:01

Kira, what was it about Lou's song that you hated so much? I thought it was one of the best on the album. A good euro-techno hybrid!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 17 Dec 2014, 14:55

I'm sorry, I wrote the review late at night. As it became longer the descriptions became less exact.
Well, I think, it could be this Euro-Techno style which I don't like. For fans of this style, it may be a great track, but it's not "my sound".