Super Eurobeat 231

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 23 Oct 2014, 17:37

Mindsweeper wrote:Wow, all the hrg riffs sound like shitty trance leads. It's hard to believe their composition style would change so suddenlyl
My thoughts exactly.
ie. Hot Milk had everything to be a hit… but then that riff happened… sad Mila is sad.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Oct 2014, 17:58

The first three samples are enough to sell me on the album, but the rest is pretty eh so far. I agree that David Dima sounds okay (certainly not as good as on Tsundere Night, Stormbringer, King of the World, etc. though), and the Daniel & Cherry number is also fairly enjoyable, but everything else is disposable at best.

I particularly don't understand the praise for Full Desire so far, as it's shaping up to be one of the worst things I've heard for Sunfire ever. The synth is an atrocious mess, and the chorus takes Rich Hard's trademark lack of melodic direction to a new level of suck. His earlier tracks like Tell Me Why also had off-kilter progressions, but they still had just enough focus that they were rawly endearing; Full Desire just feels random.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 23 Oct 2014, 20:27

This album is full of firsts for me. Bad firsts unfortunately.

Mela = first time I've heard a eurobeat vocal so pitched up it put me off

Rich Hard = first time I've heard a eurobeat song that sounds really anti-melodic and just random

David Dima = first time his voice wasn't chocolate fudge to my ears (that heavy auto-tune really wrecks him imo)

HOWEVER ON THE POSITIVE

Music in Action sounds rad
I really dig the riff in ParaPara Cannibal, it's weird without being super fucked up which is instant ♥ for me
Bye Bye Love night has a lovely chorus, but the riff is kinda giving me a headache. I can probably get used to it though.
And finally, Get Yourself the Real Thing was hype even when the tiny sample was released around 221, and now it's even more hype. unf

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Oct 2014, 21:49

This is a decent compilation. I liked Dima, SCP and Hi-NRG Attack the best. SinclaireStyle isn't bad either. Delta had a good track ("The Prey"). The rest is nope.
Also the Mela tracks sounds nice but the pitch thing...
http://www.junodownload.com/products/me ... 520548-02/
The song was out on July 1st. Don't tell me it's the first time you've heard it?! Btw, that song had potential until the riff happened. Urgh.

I'm tired of Asia female tracks. Bring the males :(
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 23 Oct 2014, 22:01

The Hi-NRG Attack riffs make me think back to early 2000s UK Hardcore! 8)

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 24 Oct 2014, 00:36

I'm really liking Manuel!!!
Probably the best song on the album, judging from the sample, at least.
I really love how he repeats the first part of the chorus a 3rd time towards the end again, very fresh sounding, and as always, his voice is AMAZING! :grin:

Dima also sounds much improved as well, even if it has auto-tune in it, the melody is nice and so is the long riff.

The Sunfire, HRG, and Asia tracks were the only ones that probably weren't too good, judging by the samples, but the rest of the songs on the album were decent to pretty good as well.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 24 Oct 2014, 00:56

Mindsweeper wrote:Wow, all the hrg riffs sound like shitty trance leads. It's hard to believe their composition style would change so suddenly, I'm starting to suspect they're using one of those pay-for-melodies midi packs.

(Yep it's totally a thing)

http://www.dancemidisamples.com/dms-dee ... vol-1.html
Actually the riff from the song Jeff Driller - Hey Chicken uses the same sounding riff from a much earlier Eurobeat song called DJ NRG - Go Go! and that song was back on SEB 61!
Here's the other song's riff for comparison, if you listen to them side by side, they are NOT the same, but extremely similar:

The riff from: Dr NRG - Go Go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zy90Px ... lpage#t=27

The riff from: Jeff Driller - Hey Chicken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... pRE0#t=485

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 24 Oct 2014, 01:28

synthjunkie wrote:
Mindsweeper wrote:Wow, all the hrg riffs sound like shitty trance leads. It's hard to believe their composition style would change so suddenly, I'm starting to suspect they're using one of those pay-for-melodies midi packs.

Actually the riff from the song Jeff Driller - Hey Chicken uses the same sounding riff from a much earlier Eurobeat song called DJ NRG - Go Go! and that song was back on SEB 61!
Here's the other song's riff for comparison, if you listen to them side by side, they are NOT the same, but extremely similar:

Neo - Midnight Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdiw0Hjnfc
#Infinity wrote:I particularly don't understand the praise for Full Desire so far, as it's shaping up to be one of the worst things I've heard for Sunfire ever. The synth is an atrocious mess, and the chorus takes Rich Hard's trademark lack of melodic direction to a new level of suck. His earlier tracks like Tell Me Why also had off-kilter progressions, but they still had just enough focus that they were rawly endearing; Full Desire just feels random.
There's only 2 or so people (including me) who likes 'Full Desire' so far and I don't see that it will increase. Like I've said, this song is not going to sit well with many people or become a fan favourite like SCP. Rich Hard's (or Sun Fire altogether for that matter) tracks are really all about challenging the 'status quo', and it won't stop at any boundaries. You either like them for 'daring to go so far out the box' or hate them for the exact same reason.
Last edited by WNight on 24 Oct 2014, 01:59, edited 4 times in total.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 24 Oct 2014, 01:34

WNight wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:

Neo - Midnight Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdiw0Hjnfc
I don't hear the same riff as much in that song, but everybody hears different things. For me, I hear it in the Dr NRG song.

I'm also trying to figure out where I heard the other 2 HRG songs riffs before...

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 24 Oct 2014, 03:26

synthjunkie wrote: Actually the riff from the song Jeff Driller - Hey Chicken uses the same sounding riff from a much earlier Eurobeat song called DJ NRG - Go Go! and that song was back on SEB 61!
Here's the other song's riff for comparison, if you listen to them side by side, they are NOT the same, but extremely similar
Yep, I see no similarities apart from the synth used being the same (??).
synthjunkie wrote:I'm also trying to figure out where I heard the other 2 HRG songs riffs before...
Generic hardcore/trance/edm stuff? Sounds pretty much like that to me.
Besides Hot Milk, melos (probably) and sabi lack substance in other 2, instrumentals are not highlighted properly too…
Last edited by M2-EB on 24 Oct 2014, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 24 Oct 2014, 03:34

The three riffs all share intervals that makes them sound sort of similar. The Neo and DJ NRG tracks both have something that makes them sound way more definitively eurobeat to me than the Jeff Driller song, which still comes off as random trance interlude in a eurobeat song. If I analyzed them a ton I could probably figure out what exactly it is...
synthjunkie wrote: I'm also trying to figure out where I heard the other 2 HRG songs riffs before...
Every tarnce song ever

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Oct 2014, 05:38

I'll just review snippets at first listen; which is subject to change once I hear the tracks in full

.1. Inside My Soul - Ace & Pamsy (SCP)
Really digging on the Eurobeat duets these days. Their vocals seem to fit like ying and yang. Love the whoa whoas best.
:grin:

2. Music In Action - Bon (Sinclaire Style)
the chorus and riff sound like Total rehash of (ABC 1075)Mario Ross - Push Push Ballerina. you could also say Black Jack Fever from RCS(Rodgers, Contini, Sinclaire) on Double records .Two of my favs from ABeatC days.
:D :D

3. Do You Wanna Be My Geisha? - Manuel (GGMs)
this could be one of my favs too. A sorta mellow chorus with hyped up synth. The melody has something special about it.
:D

4. Just A Love Story - Mela (Asia)
the chorus still sounds good; but as I recall,I didn't care for the intro nor break, so that will make it hard to listen thru.
:(

5. The Prey (Crazy Lover) - Daniel & Cherry (Delta)
Yes, the original Daniel from "Frontal Impact" fame, is back!!! I'm loving DELTA tracks best these days and their duets are gold. This could be one of my favourite songs from the CD.
8)

6. Joker Face - Lucky Boy (HRG Attack)
I'm still gettig used to these new vocals, but I love the synth riff. I don't listen to trance, so I don't hear any trance there, just a mega fast HRG Attack crazy synth.
8)

7. Para Para Cannibal Platnum - Vicky Vale (Sinclaire Style)
More mega fast synths. has a classic sing a long effect; though I like the melo in the first line she says Para para Cannibal best. I thought I was about to get a Dead Or Alive vibe. I also like the idea of the song's title. Hope the rest is a great?
:grin:

8. With A Little Bit of True Love - David Dima (Dima Music)
I like the synth inserts throughout the chorus, but I'm not sure about the rest yet?
:|

9. Baby You'll Be My Lover - Norma Sheffield (Sun Fire)
Sounds kinda weak at first listen, but could have a grow on my effcet, cuz I love Norma's vocal works.
:|

10. Hot Milk - Nikita jr. (HRG Attack)
Great chorus. Crappy synth riff is all get so far. I think a missed opportunity with such a great song title.

11. Full Desire - Rich Hard (Sun Fire)
Rich is falling deeper and deeper with the anti- melodic synth riffs. This doesn't sound too attractive at the moment.

12. Hey Chicken - Jeff Driller (HRG Attack)
Loving the duel vocals. It's nowhere near the awesomeness of "Drill O Man". The synth riff might also take some getting used to, but I still should enjoy this one for the melodies alone?
:)

13. Let Me In - Leslie Parrish (Delta)
Very uninteresting at first listen. Not the staple sound I'm used to from Leslie Parrish.

14. Bye Bye Love Night - Ana (Sinclaire Style)
Love those vocals. Who's that singing? Is she new artist? Easily my favourite snippet. Gives me "Tearful Eyes" chills.
8) 8)

15. Get Yourself The Real Thang (SCP)
Always sounded good to me. Been a while since I got a cool Lou Master track. Also hoping for a another type of Extended in the future for this song.
:D :grin:

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Oct 2014, 14:51

The SEB Offical FB page finally mentioned that 231 is for sale. I can only imagine what the non-Japanese fans are going to say about the lack of communication. I already put my two cents on the page.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 24 Oct 2014, 16:24

para_rigby wrote:The SEB Offical FB page finally mentioned that 231 is for sale. I can only imagine what the non-Japanese fans are going to say about the lack of communication. I already put my two cents on the page.
Thanks for speaking out on their FB page. The more we are in numbers in speaking our minds using social media, HOPEFULLY the more they should listen....Since they never seem to reply to Emails at all.

Cy-Ro
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Cy-Ro » 24 Oct 2014, 16:40

Got my CD today :D

So far Hey Chicken is my favorite.

Uploaded it to youtube.

http://youtu.be/QLKhN1cD__4