Ace & Pamsy LIVE IN TOKYO Sept.14, 2014 @ Velfarre X age

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Ace & Pamsy LIVE IN TOKYO Sept.14, 2014 @ Velfarre X age

Post by synthjunkie » 10 Sep 2014, 19:48

Just saw this on SCP's official site. Apparently Ace & Pamsy will be live in Tokyo on Sept. 14, 2014 for the Velfarre X ageHa Cyber Trance 2014 event, which will include Super Eurobeat as well.

A promo video of the event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Si9VtvTBTw#t=16

Also found on SCP's offical site:
https://www.facebook.com/scpmusic

Just hoping this can help relight a spark to keep Eurobeat alive in Japan!
If they could just somehow make TV commercial for this upcoming event, or do a follow-up of the event on a news station, that *might* help bring some people back into it. This is the perfect opportunity, and AVEX probably will do nothing else to promote it other than this online video... :(

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 10 Sep 2014, 20:24

Sorry, but realistically it's not going to reinvigorate anything. People attending will be there because they already know the music. And a news station isn't going to cover a party. You realize how many hundreds of clubs there are? Why would anyone consider a random event at a random club as newsworthy?

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 10 Sep 2014, 21:22

Gruzky wrote:Sorry, but realistically it's not going to reinvigorate anything. People attending will be there because they already know the music. And a news station isn't going to cover a party. You realize how many hundreds of clubs there are? Why would anyone consider a random event at a random club as newsworthy?
I know, it's so sad. If Avex would market it in a better way, it would see some media coverage. They could be passing out flyers around town, or on lightstands, spread the word around. It's great to see at least Ace & Pamsy will be there, both attractive and more "youthful" looking, compared to say the older generation artists such as Dave Rodgers and Domino, so this might help any younger attandees at the event to get more into it, I guess.

The fact they are even still doing such an event, considering low sales, still surprises me.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 10 Sep 2014, 21:26

They hosted a similar event last year as well. A quick google search for velfarre 2013 lists enough videos and whatnot of that event. It was more focussed on the Cyber Trance series, though, but this one is too. They had eurobeat last year, with Parapara Allstars performing if my memory serves me correctly. :)

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 10 Sep 2014, 21:38

I'm hoping the videos for the event will be up soon after the event.
I'm just dying to see Ace & Pamsy's new song along with some music, aside from the little promo we got earlier on with just the vocals and no music.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Re: Ace & Pamsy LIVE IN TOKYO Sept.14, 2014 @ Velfarre X

Post by M2-EB » 11 Sep 2014, 00:01

synthjunkie wrote:If they could just somehow make TV commercial for this upcoming event, or do a follow-up of the event on a news station, that *might* help bring some people back into it. This is the perfect opportunity, and AVEX probably will do nothing else to promote it other than this online video... :(
Gruzky wrote:Sorry, but realistically it's not going to reinvigorate anything. People attending will be there because they already know the music. And a news station isn't going to cover a party.
I agree with you both.
Avex should spread it to other medias too - it's not hard neither extremely expensive. Also, I risk to say that more than half the public are the regular, not newcomers…
synthjunkie wrote:It's great to see at least Ace & Pamsy will be there, both attractive and more "youthful" looking, compared to say the older generation artists such as Dave Rodgers and Domino, so this might help any younger attandees at the event to get more into it, I guess.

The fact they are even still doing such an event, considering low sales, still surprises me.
It's not a big deal, really.
Even if they're young it won't make a huge difference. One will go and watch a show from artists he/she, supposedly, doesn't know (regardless of age) and this person may like it or not.
I'm not surprised. Avex have a bittersweet relationship with eurobeat, they'll pull the strings whenever is necessary. At least, they're still maintaining eurobeat culture - one way or another…
MKwiakaku wrote:They had eurobeat last year, with Parapara Allstars performing if my memory serves me correctly. :)
Yes, but not quite a "performance" just the old dancers presenting "randomly" on the stage and taking the fans into a frenzy hehe (I talk for myself and I wasn't even there personally…!!).
synthjunkie wrote:I'm hoping the videos for the event will be up soon after the event.
Wait for some amateur footage sadly… …

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 11 Sep 2014, 19:49

SEB uploaded a new video with messages from Ace and Pamsy for this event. Well, it's still such a little thing, but nice to see at least this.

Here is the link to the video:

http://youtu.be/FVMTJCDHDyg

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 12 Sep 2014, 05:05

Avex doesn't make commercials for Eurobeat anymore. Also, it's not at a "random" club but one of the biggest in Tokyo. Domino, Kaioh, and Bratt Sinclaire have all made trips to Japan in the past 1-2 years and nothing has been revitalized. Also, this event happened last year. What makes you think this will change anything?

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 12 Sep 2014, 06:44

Tiger wrote:Avex doesn't make commercials for Eurobeat anymore. Also, it's not at a "random" club but one of the biggest in Tokyo. Domino, Kaioh, and Bratt Sinclaire have all made trips to Japan in the past 1-2 years and nothing has been revitalized. Also, this event happened last year. What makes you think this will change anything?
You are the most pessimistic person on these boards...sigh. Let people dream, man.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 15 Sep 2014, 06:13

Some videos here, enjoy.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 15 Sep 2014, 07:11

milachan wrote:Some videos here, enjoy.
Wow, I love the live video of Pamsy - Give a New Go.
Too bad the new video Ace & Pamsy song "Inside My Soul" only is 29 seconds long...Hard to tell whether I like it or not..

The long video with old Ace hits is pretty cool!

Thanks for the videos!

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 15 Sep 2014, 15:58

Going to watch them later. Thanks!

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 17 Sep 2014, 22:20

thank god they werent lip syncing. admittedly looks like a fun night

edit - one of the comments on the Livin In The Night video was on point. The lack of enthusiasm in the crowd is such a buzzkill. But I guess that's just how they are out there...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Sep 2014, 14:06

Gruzky wrote:edit - one of the comments on the Livin In The Night video was on point. The lack of enthusiasm in the crowd is such a buzzkill. But I guess that's just how they are out there...
Exactly. In Japan, during songs, everybody is calm. In between, they'll cheer like everybody. So, unless you make them participate during songs, they are silent. Bands from outside Japan performing in Japan for the first time might be taken by surprise by that.

Here's the video for "Inside My Soul" (to appear on SEB231):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R05NmUr4cUI

At the end, you can hear cheering for a split second. Yep.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 18 Sep 2014, 16:16

Learned about this while watching some j-rock bands live performances :p