The Best of Super Eurobeat 2014 Non-Stop Megamix

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 22 Dec 2014, 09:49

And your cat is like "That's mine now!" I guess it likes Eurobeat. :D

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 24 Dec 2014, 05:52

Let us know how good the mix is!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 06 Jan 2015, 22:29

Who did the mix… …?

This album is one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life.
Seriously.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 07 Jan 2015, 15:12

milachan wrote:Who did the mix… …?

This album is one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life.
Seriously.
*edit*

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 07 Jan 2015, 20:11

???

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 09 Jan 2015, 13:48

PAARRRTYY PEEEOOPLEEE

CANNN YOUUU FEEL IIIT??

no stop party people man you're ruining my favorite track D:

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 Jan 2015, 03:54

milachan wrote:???
What makes it bad? More detail???

Transitions?
Tempo pitches?
Sound effects?

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 10 Jan 2015, 15:57

Bonkers wrote:
milachan wrote:???
What makes it bad? More detail???

Transitions?
Tempo pitches?
Sound effects?
Well, firstly, the tracklist: why not "I'm Your Sexy Machine" or "One Love One Love", pretty good songs imo… but no, they've featured 3 Futura/Oceania songs.
I won't even talk about the lack of Hi-Nrg Attack songs… since most people don't even like they anymore…
Second: songs are too slow for a nonstop album (they even changed the songs' speed?)
Then, we have the worst from it all: mixing.
Don't even know where to start… songs, transitions, effects… everything sounds so weird, out of place and amateur. I could do better and I ain't no pro.

This is the worst "Best Of" of the series and, probably, one of the worst nonstop albums too. Anyway, those were my impressions (that didn't change after a second or third listening).
Last edited by M2-EB on 10 Jan 2015, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 10 Jan 2015, 16:05

I agree with you on most parts, the tracklist wasn't really a Best of. There was only one HRG track. Woohoo, instead of that, Futura and Oceania...
But I must admit, I actually liked the mixing. It felt more like the DJ had fun while doing this non-stop. I can't really say that about Best of 2013.
And there's one thing that disturbs me the most: This goddamn overused intro. Really, I like it, the intro isn't bad. It was a nice intro for the SEB trailers and I didn't had a problem with that as it was used as intro for Best of 2013. But then, it was the intro of both(!) SEB 230 discs. In my opinion, it shows a lack of creativity that this intro is used again in Best of 2014. You can say, they used the same intro four times in a row. That's what nags me above all other things.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 Jan 2015, 16:05

milachan wrote: Well, firstly, the tracklist: why not "I'm Your Sexy Machine" or "One Love One Love", pretty good songs imo… but no, they've featured 3 Futura/Oceania songs.
I won't even talk about the lack of Hi-Nrg Attack songs… since most people don't even like they anymore…
Second: songs are too slow for a nonstop album (did they even changed the songs' speed?)
Then, we have the worst from it all: mixing.
Don't even know where to start… songs, transitions, effects… everything sounds so weird, out of place and amateur. I could do better and I ain't no pro.
Personally, I favor Futura, so I was excited to see all 3 of her tracks on the mix. The tracks themselves are already pretty speedy, except for the few that could have been sped up a bit to match the others.

Ah well, my copy is on its way. CDJapan awarded my account with 500 shopper points, so I used them to get this album. I think the total cost (with shipping) came to $22.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 10 Jan 2015, 16:10

KiraTM wrote:I agree with you on most parts, the tracklist wasn't really a Best of. There was only one HRG track. Woohoo, instead of that, Futura and Oceania...
But I must admit, I actually liked the mixing. It felt more like the DJ had fun while doing this non-stop. I can't really say that about Best of 2013.
And there's one thing that disturbs me the most: This goddamn overused intro.
The mix is so crazy, doesn't look like it's a SEB album at all hahahahahahaha
And that intro, be ready to listen for a long long time from now on heh

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 10 Jan 2015, 20:54

I like that they didn't speed up the tracks because the pitch shifting always bugs the hell out of me, but I'm pretty sure I'm an outlier on this. :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Jan 2015, 06:22

milachan
The lack of HRG Attack on nonstops is appaling. Especially since those songs are the most mix-Friendly. Perfect for non-stop. Who can forget Euromach?

I'm not most people and they continue to be inn my top 2 Eurobeat labels. Second only by DELTA or someTIMEs Sinclaire Style. 8)

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 11 Jan 2015, 06:28

drnrg wrote:The lack of HRG Attack on nonstops is appaling. Especially since those songs are the most mix-Friendly. Perfect for non-stop. Who can forget Euromach?

I'm not most people and they continue to be inn my top 2 Eurobeat labels. Second only by DELTA or someTIMEs Sinclaire Style. 8)
We are few, my friend, and looks like there's even fewer in Japan nowadays (considering Avex takes japanese audience's opinion in account, when choosing songs for these specials). For example, only two songs gained choreographies in 2 years (Born To Be Wild In My Car & Hey Chicken) not counting those techno remixes, of course.
HRG changed a lot, but somehow they're still that crazy label I love, dunno how to explain hahahaha

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 13 Jan 2015, 23:34

My Thoughts...Definitely pleased!!! Great job all around!

Track Selection: If I didn't know anything about Eurobeat, and someone handed me this Best Of, I'd be pleased. One Love One Love would have been a great addition, as well as Only One. Maybe even For The Fans.

Transitions: I will say each DJ offered a more continuous feel to this mix, rather than the stale 'cut & paste' method that has dominated the non-stops for the past few years.

Creativity: DJ Gun's portion (Tracks 1-12) had all the energy. Great transitions, and great sound effects over the tracks. DJ Boss's portion (Tracks 13-25) just didn't have that same zest. This portion had more of the 'cut & paste' feel, with little transitions. Not many sound effects. The energy really kicks in with Angel, and stays til the end.

Wishes: Tempo pitch! I already own the original tempos of the tracks with the full length releases. Kick the tempo up a notch for a non-stop!