Super Eurobeat 232

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 04 Mar 2015, 07:19

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Mar 2015, 02:51

Mindsweeper
^ You've been listening to nonsense lyrics for decades...you can interpret anything at this point I'm sure Razz
That kinda made me laugh, but its so true... Add to the fact, that English isn't exacvtly my first language, someTIMES what they sayin those lyrics is actually how I would phrase it myself. :P

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 06 Mar 2015, 18:41

I got my CD yesterday. Koi no Yokan, Crazy Information and In The Eyes Of A Tiger are my favorites till now. But the majority of songs sounds really standard. :/

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 10 Mar 2015, 16:45

Only one other person reviewed this album so far, then let me be the second. I wrote this at 3am in the night so apologies if there are any continuity errors or vagueness.

Gotta Go / Go 2
A nice little song from the most iconic duo of eurobeat, albeit not a true representation of what Go 2 can put out. I don't find the verses too thrilling, and SCP's insistence on shorter song length means that the breakdown is not that good either. The chorus on the other hand, screams 'Go 2' is what makes a Go 2 song in a class of their own. I also highly question the need for this to be a Go 2 track, Ace & Fastway are good but they don't display the same chemistry they had on their earlier tracks. The song could have been soloed by Fastway and it would have made no difference. Overall, a song that is decent at best.
3.5/5

Koi No Yokan / Pamsy
I know these days, people often talk about versatility in the music world, but c'mon, it has to make some sense at least. Turning Pamsy, one of the most mature female vocalist who churn out classics such as 'So Fragile' and 'Walkin In The Shadow' into the singer from 'Dancin Together' was just outright stupid. At least the chorus was good - scratch that, it is VERY infectious but this track just gives me more of a 'WTF?' feel than anything else, and the biggest jump the shark moment has definitely got to be the ridiculously atrocious breakdown, hearing the vocals, that was when it stopped being a Pamsy track for me altogether. Overall, it's a song that's all about the chorus.
2/5

Crazy Information / Paul Harris
Hear Ye Hear Ye! Ladies and gentlemen, we have gold in the making! With this album, Delta finally snapped out of their genericity and into greatness. The song features a strong melody that has old school eurotechno (think DJ Bobo) vibe all over it, that is made more tuneful with rich modern day accompaniments. Paul Harris also delivers a slightly melancholic yet very expressive vocal presentation to the table just as the lyrics suggest. What results is possibly one of the best Delta track ever wrote, and oddly enough, the most beautiful sounding track on this SEB. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.
5/5

Minimal Love / Nathalie
'Classic' style Sinclaire, with questionable synth choices and wonderful songwriting, it's such a standout. This time round, the harsh synthline has been slightly toned down as it wasn't nearly as grating as some of the other Roberta Grana tracks and god forbid, 'Passport To Dance'. What's left is a midtempo, melancholic yet beautiful love themed presentation from Nathalie that is most certainly her best track since her inception on Sinclaire Style, possibly even her best, ousting 'Heartbeat' from the hall of fame. In short, it's a wonderful track that could be better with the right synth choice.
4.5/5

I Know / Oceania
When it comes to songwriting, trust Sun Fire to come up with some of the most original melodies you will ever hear in the entire SEB whether or not their style suits you. This track is a fun romp that has a quirky and hyper melody together with genius lyrical composition such as 'My dog is funny' - that should tell you how serious this track means business. I also like that as each subsequent release, 'Oceania' is slowly morphing back into her 'Futura' alias, her vocal presentations are still warped as hell, but no longer at an irritating level like 'Dance Dance Let It Go'. The downside to this track? 3:59!. C'mon, we already have SCP doing these short songs, don't go that way now Sun Fire!
4/5

Piston Go / Gordon Jim
An eurotechno intro? This track's looking good already! It's hard to believe just how awesome Hi-NRG Attack has become ever since the inclusion of Malvicino into the team. I personally don't think he's the best male vocalist ever but I like the fact that his compositions tend to take on a more serious tone with very dynamic elements from various genres while at the same time, retaining the "feel" of Hi-NRG Attack's trademark of not taking itself seriously. 'Piston Go' is the ultimate Malvicino track, and is the numero uno of an eurobeat track that takes different elements from various dance music genre and blends them together into a melodious and catchy box of fun. To the people who say they don't like this song, you ain't living life to the fullest.
5/5

Little Kiss / Martina Dry
This track is what Piston Go would be if you stripped away the "melodious" and "catchy" part and replace it with filler. That's not to say that it's not enjoyable, I still like how this track was produced but I can't shake that sense of boredom everytime this track comes on, not to mention that a WHOLE riff was directly lifted from one of my C/K-Pop track ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pit7RS4mPI0. Maybe Malvicino just had a bad hair day when this track was made ...
2.5/5

Dancing Queen / Dream Fighters
Oh Dima, what can I say about him : He's an incredible songwriter and singer, but yet somehow always produces similar sounding tracks that make people wonder if they have heard the same melody somewhere else. 'Dancing Queen' starts off with a powerful guitar led intro, which is then followed by a very original sounding riff that probably no other Dima track has except for

The Day Of The Rain,
Liar,
Dancing On The Street,
Don't Wanna Be A Survivor and,
Are You Ready To Fly

but other than those, it's VERY original (sarcasm~). Fortunately though, just like The Day Of The Rain, while it's generic, it's also a very beautiful song with a soulful yet powerful melody and Dima's expressive vocal presentation which will make hearts melt. It will somehow erase all feelings of genericity from the song. A lot of Dima's tracks are like this, which is probably why I have come to develop a love-hate relationship with his tracks, mostly love but still ...
5/5

Invisible Rocket / Powerful T
While many hate the Sun Fire label for "sounding tired" or "weird production", the people who love them will appreciate their completely insane ways of playing with the synth inserts and coming up with seemingly ridiculous sounding melodies that falls into place because y'know, it's just so "out of this world". This track is no different to that exception, it starts off with a generic zooming car sample before leading into a melodious and pounding intro which should be no stranger to SEB listeners by now. When the riff starts, that's where most people will usually make a judgement by then because of the unorthodox melodies that Dave & Futura comes up with. To me, I absolutely love how their melodies just doesn't play by the "rules". It has very little structure, it's outlandish and eccentric and just does whatever it wants (Read : Chaotic). The synth inserts, where do I even begin? They're all over the track but the most memorable one would definitely have to be the chorus, just listen to that long insert during the part where Tiranti sings "Amazing Speed Fly", Or how about the "Twang!" just before every "Baby Baby can you feel ..." or how about the other long one when he sings the "Night Flight To Venus..." just before it leads into the break or how about ... you get the point. I probably don't even have to mention anything about Tiranti, he's the lead singer of a rock band, he has an operatic voice, what can possibly be bad about it? Bottomline : I love this track as much as other Sun Fire Powerful T tracks.
5/5

Keeper Of Desire / Luke
This track goes back into the more tried and true ways of Delta. I don't find this track to be particularly special in any ways, not bad, just more generic. What I especially love about this track is the 90's japanese superhero TV show bell like sample against a guitar led intro. Being a 90's kid, hearing it was all kinds of awesome. I also love hearing the inserts in this track, the most memorable being the rolling synths during the verses, breakdown and especially after the 2nd verse. Luke does what he does best on vocals. Other than that, it's nothing new to the table nor is it 'Crazy Information', but I love this track all the same.
4/5

Cover Girl / Mara Nell
First things first, the eurotechno-ish intro once again, kicks ass!, which would bring me back to my earlier point about Malvicino and his dynamic production methods being the highlight of Hi-NRG track again. While I like the theme of this track, being the cover girl of vogue or something along the lines, I find that the female Hi-NRG tracks are usually less melodious than their male sung counterparts. 'Cover Girl' is a good song no doubt about it, but in terms of ranking, it still falls short of 'Piston Go', but thankfully a crapton better than 'Little Kiss'.
3.5/5

How Can I Feel It / Tipsy & Tipsy
Unlike other Saifam female tracks, I wouldn't exactly class this as filler as I liked the introduction at the very least. Other than that, there's not much else I wish to say about this track aside : Unmemorable. Aside from 'Get Somebody To Love', most of their female tracks have been hovering around a lower than average level so here's a 2.5 for that strong beat and intro.
2.5/5

Gimme Your Desire / Leo River & Kaioh
A duet that should have happened eons ago. Two powerhouse males on a single song, what could one possibly expect from this romp? First things first, the ominous sounding introduction (also the breakdown), it was the perfect job to transition into the powerful and strong, beaty melody of the song. Secondly this level of chemistry between the two best friends is something Go 2 needs to relearn to have, it made the song so enjoyable just hearing them harmonizing together during the chorus and of course, the epic "Where are you now, where are you NOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!~~~". Vocals wise, these two guys did a stunning job. I can't remember BOTH singers sounding that good in their solo tracks. In short : This track deserves every recognition it can get and is one of the best GGM songs ever, more duets please!
5/5

In The Eyes Of A Tiger / Dejo & Bratt
A jurassic park-ish introduction (just with tigers), something new and nice! The vocal melody isn't anything to write home about because Sinclaire simply pulled a Dima on that one, not bad, just sounds like we've heard the same thing at least thrice before somewhere else. Melodically, it sure sounds like Bratt had a lot of fun with this one, it has a quirky yet upbeat tone to it, the kind that will lift everybody's spirits up on a bad day. The lyrics are a bit dumb, but hilarious to sing along to. Of course, the guitar solo is definitely one of the highlights of this track, it's played very well and provides a huge boost to this song. If there's anything to learn from this track, it's that Bratt needs to be on his own label's tracks more often for the instrumentation.
5/5

Higher My Passion / Bamboo Bimbo
A cool song that is a lot better than her/his(?) debut track on 221. Too bad it has a really awful intro (or should it be no intro instead eh SCP?). I think this track is very notable for it's closeness to a "mainstream" production while retaining an eurobeat beat to it. The track is so frantic that it is downright unsettling depending on the situation in which it is listened, but that's why the track is so damn good. Overall, I love this track more than Kiss but SCP really needs to ramp up the small details instead of just passing them over all the time resulting in a needlessly short song.
3.5/5

Top 3:
Invisible Rocket / Powerful T
Crazy Information / Paul Harris
Piston Go / Gordon Jim

Bottom 3:
Koi No Yokan / Pamsy
How Can I Feel It / Tipsy & Tipsy
Little Kiss / Martina Dry

HM:
Dancing Queen / Dream Fighters

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Mar 2015, 06:34

@WNight

Very good review. Basically I agree with all except, that this TIME around I kinda enjoyed the Tipsy and Tipsy track for it's catchy chorus.

Also I still havn't really gotten into the Chaoticness(good word to describe a label's sound other than HRG Attack) of the production. I still think it's all over the place, but I'm slowly growing into it.