Eurobeat Easter Eggs & Oddities

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 26 Feb 2015, 11:57

drnrg wrote:Songs were just given to the artist that sounded best singing them. The transgender lyric thing wasn't even taken into consideration. Some producers ;like, Gino Caria ,actually got a kick from writing very suggestive lyrics. Weather they be about male or female.
This isn't different from what I said. And I'm not debating the suggestive lyrics issue, it's completely obvious. What I said was that many of the texts with a homosexual setting have textual characteristics typically attributed to gender other than the vocalist's, which suggests they were originally written for the opposite gender. As per the reason of not modifying the lyrics, I can't say whether the effect was retained intentionally or just out of lazinuess.

For example, if you imagine "In the Stars" being sung by a female vocalist, it makes perfect sense. As a gay man myself, I don't find it impossible to imagine contexts in which I might say things like "Waiting for my prince to come", but it's still a more typically female kind of line.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 10 Apr 2015, 15:18

Jay Lehr is the quintessential Axis Power musician. He's of German origin, but migrated to Italy to perform a genre of music that's marketed to a Japanese audience.