Super Eurobeat 233

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Apr 2015, 02:01

Javy wrote:Have we considered the possibility that Saifam themselves slowed it down or slightly remixed it, and just never put it on Juno?
If that's the case, then, I'm OK with it. But I really doubt it's a re-recording.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 18 Apr 2015, 04:56

Just pre-ordered my copy! :grin:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Apr 2015, 05:57

The run TIMEs look great. That 6:24 is what I'm talkin' about. Can't wait to see what theat label? does with the extra TIME. Concidering a Eurobeat song is pretty fast, that gives them conciderable TIME to come up with some nice breakdowns(Fingers crossed)

The shortest legnth is 4:25. Sun Fire's trax, so that's pretty reliable for a good song legnth. I don't even expect much change from SCP. They are happy with thier 4:00 min songs, but IMOP: they can hardly compete with the rest of the labels, if they don't get with the program.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 18 Apr 2015, 15:46

Lebon14 wrote:
Javy wrote:Have we considered the possibility that Saifam themselves slowed it down or slightly remixed it, and just never put it on Juno?
If that's the case, then, I'm OK with it. But I really doubt it's a re-recording.
Maybe Saifam simply cut out parts of the 170 version...not really remix it, but just edited it.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 18 Apr 2015, 16:20

drnrg wrote:The run TIMEs look great. That 6:24 is what I'm talkin' about. Can't wait to see what theat label? does with the extra TIME. Concidering a Eurobeat song is pretty fast, that gives them conciderable TIME to come up with some nice breakdowns(Fingers crossed)

The shortest legnth is 4:25. Sun Fire's trax, so that's pretty reliable for a good song legnth. I don't even expect much change from SCP. They are happy with thier 4:00 min songs, but IMOP: they can hardly compete with the rest of the labels, if they don't get with the program.
The length of their songs? How can't they compete if they aren't as long as others? That makes no sense. Why needlessly make a song longer if it is good already?

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 18 Apr 2015, 17:10

para_rigby wrote:Why needlessly make a song longer if it is good already?
Imagine having an already good short song in a longer version - doubles the awesomeness yaaa

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 18 Apr 2015, 19:01

milachan wrote:
Imagine having an already good short song in a longer version - doubles the awesomeness yaaa
WORD. I don't speak for anyone else but from my pov, Just listen to "Disconnected" and "Up & Dance, Up & Go" in their full extended versions and tell me that their "edit" on SEB 217 doesn't sound like a total ripoff after that. Without a "proper" intro and a "nice" breakdown, it will never feel complete, period.

In short, SCP's songs are the equivalent of selling a half can of coke when there are full ones on the same shelf at the same price. They can make all the edits they want but to classify their songs as "extended" isn't going to cut it. Just don't hope to remain competitive to other labels who can deliver a much more well rounded package.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 18 Apr 2015, 21:07

WNight wrote:
milachan wrote:
WORD. I don't speak for anyone else but from my pov, Just listen to "Disconnected" and "Up & Dance, Up & Go" in their full extended versions and tell me that their "edit" on SEB 217 doesn't sound like a total ripoff after that. Without a "proper" intro and a "nice" breakdown, it will never feel complete, period.

In short, SCP's songs are the equivalent of selling a half can of coke when there are full ones on the same shelf at the same price. They can make all the edits they want but to classify their songs as "extended" isn't going to cut it. Just don't hope to remain competitive to other labels who can deliver a much more well rounded package.
I can't accept that logic if the quality is good to begin with. Let's compare SCP to Dima. Regardless of the length of a track, SCP has overwhemingly better production values that the recycled tracks of Dima, who, by the way, has tracks that are much longer than a 4 minute edit. So tell me how Dima has a more well-rounded package? I couldn't tell you why SCP gives 4 minute edits to Avex (or if that is even their plan to begin with or just an Avex tragedy), but they certainly have better quality than some crappy piece of junk. I will stand by SCP as the best studio since volume 201 along with Sinclaire Style.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 18 Apr 2015, 21:43

para_rigby wrote:I will stand by SCP as the best studio since volume 201 along with Sinclaire Style.
fun fact: they indeed have a badass studio hahaha. I won't question their quality, together with SS, it's obvious. Yet, I'll give some credit to GGM and HRG because they seem to be always "renewing" their work - for good or evil. I don't see (or rather, listen) that from those other 2 labels not that it's a bad thing, huh? Just to make myself clear they are being themselves, always been like that. That perfect formula heh

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 19 Apr 2015, 02:50

para_rigby wrote:I can't accept that logic if the quality is good to begin with. Let's compare SCP to Dima. Regardless of the length of a track, SCP has overwhemingly better production values that the recycled tracks of Dima, who, by the way, has tracks that are much longer than a 4 minute edit. So tell me how Dima has a more well-rounded package? I couldn't tell you why SCP gives 4 minute edits to Avex (or if that is even their plan to begin with or just an Avex tragedy), but they certainly have better quality than some crappy piece of junk. I will stand by SCP as the best studio since volume 201 along with Sinclaire Style.
Again, I don't speak for drnrg or anyone else so they are free to chime in on their own. The truth is, it's not so black and white. If you find a song "shitty", an extended probably isn't going to change your mind. A cut and paste job obviously isn't going to be top notch either so it's really a track by track basis kind of thing. It's perfectly fine if you idolize SCP and is willing to love their "edits" unconditionally, lots of people love SCP, but to me, their "edits" just sound plain lazy. A 4 minute SCP track usually means that the little details have been neglected and that itself is an alarm chain for me as I love hearing a good intro/breakdown/outro (Read : Welcome To The Show. For as long as they keep "shortchanging" their songs, I will rate their tracks on a lower benchmark than the rest of the labels, plain and simple.
Last edited by WNight on 19 Apr 2015, 06:53, edited 6 times in total.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 19 Apr 2015, 04:05

Extended versions are awesome, but it sucks that the DJs at AXEX simply don't mix with them on the non-stops (I'm talking about outro/intro mixing). Due to the fact DJs don't actually mix, there's no need to create a track that features that availability...hence, you get songs that are 3-4 min in length. Personally, I am looking forward to 4-6 min. tracks! That intro/outro gives you so much availabity to be creative!

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 19 Apr 2015, 04:33

Personally, I just get bored of super long songs because, in eurobeat, they're usually just repeating the same sections over and over with minor differences. I don't need to hear the chorus in seven different variations. :P

I imagine super extended versions are great for mixes and people who don't get sick of the repeated sections though

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Apr 2015, 07:04

Mindsweeper
Personally, I just get bored of super long songs because, in eurobeat, they're usually just repeating the same sections over and over with minor differences. I don't need to hear the chorus in seven different variations. Razz

I imagine super extended versions are great for mixes and people who don't get sick of the repeated sections though
That's exactly what I mean. A good extended doesn't have to resort to those gimmics that you mention. A good extended incorporates original ideas with the mid breaks and intros, so the bored factor is completely illiminated. Just listen to DELTA at thier start. Compare those extendeds Like Delta Queens - "Dance Around The World" or Pricsilla - "Love Is In Danger". Boreing? more like epic.

I know alot of you joined the Eurobeat scene when the Traditional Extended format was exchanged for louder and faster BPMs, but that never took the place of those older classics.

WNight
This is exactly why I feel SCP shortchanges me on SEB , because I know what they are capable of when they put the effort into a proper Extended....and don't tell me , some of are fine with those edits, cuz as soon as those extended are released , you jump at them like a dog in heat.

Bottom line is SCP does put out great material, but it could be even better if they included the Extendeds on the series, instead of releasing them later on. The extended versions exist. They just hold on to them(or Avex Does. Not sure how it works for SCP?) for whatever reason? Like I said; I feel short changed by them when they stick the edit versions on a compilation where all other labels are including thier extended versions of the song.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 19 Apr 2015, 18:13

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 19 Apr 2015, 19:55

We live in such a fact paced world, I can see why many people just want a quick lift from a song, then move to another one, or get on with their day, but I think that alot of listeners who like to take their time, and savor their music, like a good piece of chocolate and let it melt slowly in their mouth rather than eat it all at once would enjoy the extended. I know I love them!!

Another way to think of a "trimmed song" is to compare it to those people on a diet "trimming" out all the fat; in essence, you are "trimming" out the most delicious part!!!

Anyway, still wonder from what studios is that "Kaory" song...
I would love for it go be an unreleased Time Records song from the past...but in my dreams, I guess, even though there is a song that was unreleased in the catalogue with a VERY similar title "Run With Me", and the artist is left as "???".