Super Eurobeat 233

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 21 Apr 2015, 14:52

Time to review samples even though the release is tomorrow, but can't deny tradition now can I? I'm borrowing drnrg's standard for now.

01. HAI HAI / DOMINO (GGM)
Okay, this doesn't actually sound too bad now that I've heard the actual song, it still sounds "kiddish" but that's just how Domino's songs are, on the fence for now.
:?

02. MANIFOLD LOVE / HOTBLADE (SCP)
This is why songs, especially Hotblade's, need to be more than 4 minutes long. This track's GOOD.
8)

03. BEAUTIFUL NIGHT / STEPHY MARTIN (DIMA)
I don't quite like this track actually, it has the same "style" as the 1990's Time tracks and I think that's one of the worst time for them so no, I'm not actually looking forward to this despite Stephy.
:cry:

04. CHANGE YOUR TIME / MELA (3B)
I could just outright review this track now but in a nutshell, I don't particularly care for this one.
:???:

05. SPIRIT OF THE NIGHT / DAVID DIMA (DIMA)
This song reminds me of "The End Of The World" on 218 but with the "new" style of Dima. Definitely looking forward.
8) 8)

06. LOOKING FOR A SEXY BOY / LOL (SS)
Definitely Grana. Did we just get transported to 90's disney though? I think I'll pass

07. OH MAMMA MIA / LESLIE PARRISH (DELTA)
"She knows my secret" is all it took for me to fall in love with Cla ... Oh umm, I mean, this track haha.
8)

08. GO GO GO BIG BANG BLOW / BORIS (DELTA)
I don't feel much impact coming out of this track, it's pretty signature Boris though so I might end up liking this track later on.
:?

09. GIMME ALL YOUR LOVE / JEE BEE (HRG)
Good melody, but I'll remain on the fence for now.
:)

10. SEVEN NIGHT / FUTURA (SUNFIRE)
Holy shit yes! Best sample of the bunch! This sample shot straight into the heart. Love the "video game soundtrack" feel and the spellbindingly beautiful melody of this song. Can't wait to hear the full track with the intro and breakdown.
8) 8) 8)

11. LITTLE GIRLS CAN NOT BE WRONG / MICHELLE ROSE (HRG)
Did I mention before that Malvicino is the man? Well, I can not be wrong on that now can I? The riff man, the riff!
8)

12. GO GO PLAYER GAMES / RICH HARD (SUNFIRE)
Someone's definitely going to gripe about the childish yelps, I'm sure of that. That said, I don't hear the catchiest Rich Hard track in the making but I love what I hear.
8)

13. RUNNING ON LOVE / TORA (SS)
Sinclaire is business as usual here but I like what I hear, love the speedy and busy riff.

14. RUN TO ME / KAORY
I am 95% sure I hear Irene (Linda Ongarelli) on vocals so my first guess was SCP, but this type of "production" doesn't sound SCP-ish and it runs at 6:24, which is completely opposite of what SCP does so who did this track exactly? Nevertheless, this track has great vocals, great melody and that high note at the end was all kinds of awesome. Looking forward for sure.
8) 8)

15. DANCE ALL NIGHT / KIKI & FANCY (SCP)
I'll pass ................
Last edited by WNight on 21 Apr 2015, 18:19, edited 3 times in total.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 21 Apr 2015, 15:53

Loving the thick beat on the Stephy track, but the vocals are too far back to really enjoy. It's like the track is made of molasses. I really don't like the synth sounds Delta uses nowadays, and the refrain on the Boris track is one of the most boring I've ever heard, absolutely no energy at all.

I'm barely feeling any of these tracks except the Kaory one, that one's absolutely on point
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Apr 2015, 17:36

HOLY FUCKING SHIT KAORY. Sounds like SCP or GGM and I'm hearing Mari-San style voice. And 6 minutes long? I'm in heaven.

SCP and GGM still kicks ass. Sinclaire and Dima are 50/50. And the rest is pretty much garbage but the trophy for the most garbage of garbage goes to Sunfire this round. It's almost synthpop meets Hi-NRG at that point (I know it's not, it's just the impression i get). Ugh. Delta in close second.

That's all I'm going to say.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 21 Apr 2015, 20:01

Samples are up on Amazon.
You can hear different parts of the songs that were not on the "unofficial trailer".

http://www.amazon.co.jp/SUPER-EUROBEAT- ... B00TEO5MC4

Kaory's song is my favourite by far, judging by the samples.
Futura is good too.
I'm glad Sunfire changed their riffs this time around into something less chaotic sounding from their recent past stuff, and made it more simple and light.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 21 Apr 2015, 20:35

Based on Amazon previews:

Sounds like Classic Domino, in a very good way. Looking forward to this.

Didn't charm me the same way other Hotblade tunes have, what I could hear of the riff didn't inspire me. We'll see though.

It's a familiar chord progression, but Dima and Stephy seem to make it work here. Nothing mind-blowing, but I like the unusual, almost-calm sense it gives me so far.

Barf.

Riff doesn't inspire me much here, either. Doesn't sound bad, doesn't sound great.

Not sure how to feel about slow Sinclaire.

Clara sounds... bored. Like she doesn't want to be there, but knows she needs to record. How unfortunate.

Is it just me, or does the riff sound a bit like a traditional children's rhyme? (That's okay)
Is it just me, or does Boris sound like he's dipping to hit some of the lows? (That's not as okay)
Not digging the preview here, either.

THANK GOD, A BRASSY SOUND IN THE RIFF. Sounds like mid-upper-tier HRG material and I welcome it with open arms.

Sounds minimal and experimental. Power to SunFire to continuing that tradition! I also really don't like it much at all. Also, someone needs to revoke Dave Rodgers' autotuning privileges.

Aaaand we're back on trance riffs. The rest sounds solid but doesn't hit me hard.

More minimalist production, and it seems the autotune is turned down. I'M SO SORRY PLEASE PUT IT BACK ON. I REGRET EVERYTHING. Rich is NOT on pitch in the first verse and it grates. (I actually experience physical pain in some instances when people are off–key, and this set that off very quickly.)

Ooh-hoo~! Sinclaire doing what he loves best, and this is a shining and glorious example of him at his best. This song has some straight-up majesty and I can't wait to hear it in full.

14. RUN TO ME / KAORY
Low. Pass. Filters. (EDM buildup much? Even the snare's punchy.) I couldn't get enough from the Amazon sample to really make up my mind but it has some novelty potential from the get-go.

Classic SCP, though something about it reminds me of a Domino production? Not that I mind, it's solid and enjoyable though it doesn't smack me upside the head with delight and innovation.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 21 Apr 2015, 21:36

zoupzuop2, Dave uses that damn autotune so much with Futura is because she can't hit a damn note to save her life. I kinda liked the sounds that Sunfire had this time (don't tell anyone), but Rich and Futura just have such jarring, horrid vocals for my liking. And this is the woman that Dave replaced Nuage with...smh. It's a big 180.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 21 Apr 2015, 21:38

NRG Express is saying Kaory is GGM.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 21 Apr 2015, 22:40

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Much better than 232!!! Loving GGM, Sunfire, Delta, SS... Hot Blade...Little Girls Can Not Be Wrong...Kiki & Fancy!!!!!!

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 21 Apr 2015, 22:45

Rich Hard wat r u doing stap

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 21 Apr 2015, 23:12

synthjunkie wrote: I'm glad Sunfire changed their riffs this time around into something less chaotic sounding from their recent past stuff, and made it more simple and light.
That's the best part! There's been a lack of it as compared to years past.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 22 Apr 2015, 02:23

para_rigby wrote:zoupzuop2, Dave uses that damn autotune so much with Futura is because she can't hit a damn note to save her life. I kinda liked the sounds that Sunfire had this time (don't tell anyone), but Rich and Futura just have such jarring, horrid vocals for my liking. And this is the woman that Dave replaced Nuage with...smh. It's a big 180.
I dunno, Futura was alright in "Give Me Sunshine" and "Dance in my Town", and the correction wasn't as obvious.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Apr 2015, 05:56

It's TIME for the Happy face gang to do some mini reviews, but will this guy, 8) appear at all? I'll use both previews. they both offer different parts of the songs, but, all in al,l I enjoyed the presentation of youtubes preview much better. BTW, a new addition , :P means the preview was just too silly for me to take seriously.

grading scale for newbies.
8) = perfect Eurobeat zone
:D = very happy camper
:) = Likes. Eventually grow more into
:( = Guess I'll go back and listen to a better track from this artist.
:P = I don't remember asking for free ticket to disneyland
:-x = self explanetory.

SomeTIMEs you are glad you only have 4 mins. This is one of those songs. Domino screaming"Hai hai hai hai"; in her most childish tone,. tells me I will find this to be dissapointing right from the get go.
:(

I'm so upset this will only run 4 mins, cuz the preview really sounded promising. The riff is really good. Guess I'll have to wait for that Kudos release to get the full impact of this song. BTW, anyone else think he sounds like he's singing. "I Need Manny for love" :?
:D :-x (for making wait for the extended.)

WOW! TIME sound of the late 90s. I'm gonna love this track just because there hasn't been any song quite like this since Eurogrooves and Elena's departure from Eurobeat. This is the aishu sound that I have a soft heart for.Really looking forward to this one.
:D

Wow! This preview stunk.
:P

Interseting to get a cool Serious atmosphere track on this happy fest of a cd. It will stand out in a good way.

I feel Sinclaire was in a very happy/silly mood this round. This won't do much for me, but hit the skip button.
:P

I'll probobly end up liking this. Good reliable synth riff and a pretty catchy chorus. It has it's Italo vibe about it.

So why lower his vocal tone if Boris has his established tone down pat? makes no sense whatsoever. Anyway, I'm not to convinced without listeing to the rest of the song. At which point I'll decide if this rules or just "blows"
:|

Thank you HRG Attack for giving me the first Bulls eye preview of the bunch. I just realized that if HRG Attack ever left the series; my interest in this series would almost fade out completely? Anyway, The Amazon preview did this song justice. I hear a great melo in the verses and Jee bee's strong reliable vocals are always comming through with shining colours. A good ctachy synth riff just added to the fun.Easily to be one of my top track on the disc.
8) wow! I thought this little guy wasn't gonna even make an appearance on this review?

I seriously think Pasquinin traded his great sounding synth machine for a xylophone or whatever that's called. Weak Weak Weak synths. Urgh, cuz the chorus melo sounding promising as well as her vocals sounding normal.

...and fast forwarding to the next HRG Attack song. Great sounding uptempo riff. The chorus sounds a tad repititous but it won't hurt , if the overall song is already above level.

This sounded like video game theme music. I have no problem with his vocals, but the sound of the overall music is a great turn off.

Much better preview than that LOL song. Not Tora's best, but definately worth a try. The vocals sound good.

14. RUN TO ME / KAORY (GGMs)
If you listen to the intro, you can hear it's definately GGM or SCP hybrid. That intro is probobly the one aspect I will not enjoy from the song? That's what sounded trasy to me. Now the youtube preview paints a completely different song. Powerful; is the word that comes to mind and the 6mins; only proves my point. That they GGMs/SCP, should add a whole extra min or two, to thier trax, from now on. A very close second with Jee Bee's offering. BTW,in the song's intro defence. It surely won't do any damage on me in the long run. Think of TIME's 90's Techno-ish intros. Didn't ruin the songs atmosphere for me at all. I was also a huge fan of Kaioh's "Just Say Yeah" a song with a very trasy intro.

I could count the Kiki & Fancy song's I like on one hand that was missing two fingers, so it's safe to say, I'm not a fan. However;Amazon preview features the verse , and for what it's worth; it sounded pretty good, but youtube features the chorus and riff; which did very little for me. so let's wait for the final song to judge.
:|

As you can tell, I'm not a very big fan of this previews. Apart from a few songs, i'll probobly discard this vol., in about a week. I'm getting too many silly and childish vibes over all, and as many of you already know: that not my cup of tea.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 22 Apr 2015, 15:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40iaGXle8hA

Full Kaory track! Just DAMN

I'm fairly sure she had a hernia singing that
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 22 Apr 2015, 17:53

Dance All Night <3 so so much love for the return of Kiki & Fancy. They sound different though, something as if they were singing with cheeks full of food.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 22 Apr 2015, 17:54

I will give this album a 5 from 10.

top:
Beautiful Night / Stephy Martin
Spirit Of The Night / David Dima
Go Go Go Big Bang Blow / Boris
Run To Me / Kaory

mid:
Dance All Night / Kiki & Fancy
Gimme All Your Love / Jee Bee
Hai Hai / Domino
Manifold Love / Hotblade

about the rest, I either skipped after a minute or wanted to kill it with fire (won't comment about Sun Fire and HRG… I'll seriously wait for next SEBs to say anything)
but pretty much:
Mindsweeper wrote:Rich Hard wat r u doing stap
Shoutouts:
Delta for becoming awesome (again)
Dima Music's plot twist f*ck yeaaaa
Last edited by M2-EB on 24 Apr 2015, 14:39, edited 2 times in total.