Super Eurobeat 234

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 25 May 2015, 06:55

Bonkers wrote:
#Infinity wrote:Considering the costs of manufacturing physical albums, licensing, etc., I honestly feel at this point that eurobeat would be a more profitable industry if every label just released its music independently.
...and with all the people who already illegally download the albums, what good would it do the artists to switch to solely independent mp3 releases?
I know I'd buy the independent mp3's, whereas I haven't been following the SEB series anymore due to unreasonable costs.
ImageImage

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 25 May 2015, 12:41

Of course, there will always be some people who don't care about. But there are many Eurobeat fans out there who can't afford each SEB album because of insane shipping costs (depending on the state they are living in). Online releases are easy to get and pretty cheap compared to CD releases.

For example, an iTunes song costs about 0,99 Euro in Germany, which makes about 15 Euros per album (mostly it's even cheaper when buying the whole album). The price for one SEB is, depending on current conversion rate, between 17 to 23 Euros each plus shipping (between 3 to 20 Euros, depending on selected kind of shipping). Well, there's the lossless quality which you may want as an audiophile or CD collector, but for most people, the quality you get in digital stores is good enough and they help supporting the artists as well as our beloved genre.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 25 May 2015, 16:16

Bonkers wrote:
#Infinity wrote:Considering the costs of manufacturing physical albums, licensing, etc., I honestly feel at this point that eurobeat would be a more profitable industry if every label just released its music independently.
...and with all the people who already illegally download the albums, what good would it do the artists to switch to solely independent mp3 releases?
More buying choices + more affordable prices + same release day worldwide = less "free downloads". Proven.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 25 May 2015, 20:52

KiraTM wrote:For example, an iTunes song costs about 0,99 Euro in Germany, which makes about 15 Euros per album (mostly it's even cheaper when buying the whole album). The price for one SEB is, depending on current conversion rate, between 17 to 23 Euros each plus shipping (between 3 to 20 Euros, depending on selected kind of shipping). Well, there's the lossless quality which you may want as an audiophile or CD collector, but for most people, the quality you get in digital stores is good enough and they help supporting the artists as well as our beloved genre.
Actually, it usually costs a bit less to buy the full album as opposed to just downloading the tracks individually. Most albums on the US iTunes tend to have prices of about $9.99 or less, even if they have more than 10 tracks, each of which costs $0.99 or $1.29. Purchasing a full Super Eurobeat album for just $9.99 or even $11.99 sounds like a dream compared to ordering it from CD Japan for over $30.
ImageImage

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 25 May 2015, 21:36

Bonkers wrote:
I'd buy some new Eurobeat tunes again if they were on iTunes UK. I look at the price of importing new Super Eurobeat CDs now and I just think I'm past spending that much money on new releases. I'd love it if there were legitimate sites offering Eurobeat to purchase in FLAC, of course, but I'm happy to compromise these days.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 26 May 2015, 14:03

I'm not classical collector, I just collect my favorite CDs and artists, but I wonder, what are shipping prices, which decrease people's desire to buy CDs from Japan.

Today are many Eurobeat sellers from Europe, which had to buy also in Japan, when surely availability was bigger problem, than now. Japanese post is quite cheap and reliable.

Don't kill Super Eurobeat series by digital files, and thus by not existed, touchable in reality the form of music.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 26 May 2015, 16:25

Crockett wrote:I'm not classical collector, I just collect my favorite CDs and artists, but I wonder, what are shipping prices, which decrease people's desire to buy CDs from Japan.

Today are many Eurobeat sellers from Europe, which had to buy also in Japan, when surely availability was bigger problem, than now. Japanese post is quite cheap and reliable.

Don't kill Super Eurobeat series by digital files, and thus by not existed, touchable in reality the form of music.
Maybe because the USD to Yen isn't too bad at the moment, a NEW SEB with shipping only comes $21-$22. I also use Amazon to buy older releases for under $10.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 May 2015, 06:54

Crockett wrote:I'm not classical collector, I just collect my favorite CDs and artists, but I wonder, what are shipping prices, which decrease people's desire to buy CDs from Japan.

Depends how much you want the music. All throughout the 90s I spent a small fortune buying vinyls via Europe from Eddy and Jerome; Better known as the NRG Boys. That's how bad I wanted the vinyls. I'd buy alot at one time to accomodate; not only the S/H , but the overseas costs on the calls alone where they would play me a small snippet of each song , so I could decide which I wanted. Those were the days. I would probobly still do it , if vinyl was being pressed. It's all about how bad you want the music, just like everything else. Nowadays I'm very selective on what SEB to buy or not. 8)

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 28 May 2015, 07:39

Crockett wrote:Don't kill Super Eurobeat series by digital files, and thus by not existed, touchable in reality the form of music.
Nothing wrong with digital. In fact, I have more faith in the longevity of my digital data, backed up in various places, than I do in physical CDs anymore - given stuff I've lost over the years (to be fair, more DVDs than CDs) due to poorly-pressed discs that just stopped working.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 06 Jun 2015, 14:19

234 tracklist:

01. FIRE IN THE NIGHT / KEN MARTIN (3B)
02. IT'S RAINING LOVE / LOLITA (GGM)
03. WARRIORS ON THE ROAD / MANUEL (GGM)
04. HEAVEN SENT / ACE (SCP)
05. LIKE A DIN DON / ROBERTA (SINCLAIRE STYLE)
06. SPIDER QUEEN / J-STARK (DELTA)
07. TWISTER / JEFF DRILLER (HI-NRG ATTACK)
08. ON MY WAY / NORMA SHEFFIELD (SUNFIRE)
09. INSOMNIA / DAVID DIMA (DIMA)
10. GUARDIAN ANGELS / OCEANIA (SUNFIRE)
11. GIRL IN THE NIGHT / DOLLY POP (HI-NRG ATTACK)
12. STAY TOGETHER / DEE DEE (DIMA)
13. WAY ACROSS THE SKY / IRENE (SCP)
14. FIREBIRD / LOU MASTER (SCP)
15. FIRE WIRE / CHAI (SINCLAIRE STYLE)

Looks great, I am stoked for Lou Master, Dima (Spirit Of The Night pretty much set the bar high and is tough to beat but I'm open to surprises!) and Manuel's track after the short preview on his FB page. The Lolita track will also make some people happy, so go wild!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 06 Jun 2015, 16:01

Ken Martin? Lolita? Manuel? Jeff Driller? Norma? Dima? Dolly Pop? Dee Dee? Lou Master?

In the same album? :!:
It'll be the death of me hahahahaha

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 06 Jun 2015, 18:10

It will be one of the best SEB album !
With Fire In The Night that a put a 9.5/10
and with Manuel, Ace, David Dima, Dee Dee, Lou Master ! :grin:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 06 Jun 2015, 19:50

If it wasn't for the fact that my apartment was hit by a fire, I would have bought this CD in an heartbeat. For now, I'll just concentrate on regetting everything back. However... I think I'm going to put this one along in a future order on CDJapan.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 06 Jun 2015, 20:42

Okay, now I finally feel like getting all giddy and interested in teh eurobeats! ELENA IS BACK BABY!

Calla_Maranatha
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Calla_Maranatha » 06 Jun 2015, 22:07

FIRE WIRE / CHAI (SINCLAIRE STYLE)
"Chai"? SinclaireStyle has another alias debut since Ana's? That will be awesome!
"Like a number one, Eurobeat is magic, love and fun" - Anika