Super Eurobeat 235

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
User avatar
Bore
Founder
Posts: 1979
Joined: 18 Jun 2004, 18:33
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by Bore » 02 Aug 2015, 22:03

Same style, not the strongest of selections this time around. Plus it's like the division had been clear from the start. Good start, great end... and everything in between is just meh.

1. BEEN A BANG / FASTWAY (SEB 227)
2. KISS / BAMBOO BIMBO (SEB 221)
3. BAD JOY / TORA (SEB 222)
4. NEVER SAY NEVER / MANUEL (SEB 225)
5. DANCING ON THE STREET / DAVID DIMA (SEB 224)
6. TONIGHT IN PARADSE / BELIGHT (SEB 223)
7. JUST A LOVE STORY / MELA (SEB 231)
8. NOTHING'S GONNA STOP US TONIGHT / ANNALISE (SEB 222)
9. MAGIC SUNDAY / DAVE & FUTURA (SEB 225)
10. FIGHT / RICH HARD (SEB 226)
11. ONLY ONE / MARTINA DRY (SEB 227)
12. 1 FIRE / DAVE RODGERS (SEB 221)
13. HIGHER HIGHER MORE AND MORE / BLISS (SEB 224)
14. UNFORGETTABLE / CHERRY (SEB 229)
15. MISS YOU / MICKEY B (SEB 223)
16. BABY TONIGHT / TIPSY & TIPSY (SEB 225)
17. HOT LIKE A FIRE / REMY PANTHER (SEB 229)
18. KING OF CENTURY / LESLIE PARRISH (SEB 228)
19. ONE SHINY DAY / ELIZA (SEB 227)
20. SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL / LUKE&CHERRY (SEB 227)
21. MOONLIGHT HERO / ULTRAVIOLET (SEB 225)
22. WHEREVER FOREVER / CIAO CIAO (SEB 229)
23. TIGER / MANUEL (SEB 229)
24. ANGEL / NATHALIE & ROBERTA (SEB 226)
25. FOR THE FANS / TORA&DEJO (SEB 229)
26. WANNA BE MY GEISHA? / MANUEL (SEB 231)
27. BEAT AROUND / LES & MEGAN (SEB 225)
28. HYPER SUPER POWERS / FASTWAY (SEB 221)
29. I'M YOUR SEXY MACHINE / HOTBLADE (SEB 228)
30. ADRENALINE / ACE (SEB 225)

Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1332
Joined: 03 Oct 2010, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Post by Bonkers » 03 Aug 2015, 03:18

18. KING OF CENTURY / LESLIE PARRISH (SEB 228)
19. ONE SHINY DAY / ELIZA (SEB 227)

Those 2 tracks could have been replaced with some Boris action.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 540
Joined: 23 Aug 2014, 23:50
Location: Oh baby break it up! Yeah!
Contact:

Post by M2-EB » 03 Aug 2015, 03:35

Bonkers wrote:18. KING OF CENTURY / LESLIE PARRISH (SEB 228)
19. ONE SHINY DAY / ELIZA (SEB 227)

Those 2 tracks could have been replaced with some Boris action.
or Futura and Rich Hard… Boris definitely deserves all the love (and all the nonstop albums)
Image

Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1332
Joined: 03 Oct 2010, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Post by Bonkers » 03 Aug 2015, 04:28

milachan wrote:
Bonkers wrote:18. KING OF CENTURY / LESLIE PARRISH (SEB 228)
19. ONE SHINY DAY / ELIZA (SEB 227)

Those 2 tracks could have been replaced with some Boris action.
or Futura and Rich Hard… Boris definitely deserves all the love (and all the nonstop albums)
I sense we're going to get a load of Futura/Oceania on the Best of 2015. Which I'm fine with. :x

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar
Posts: 385
Joined: 18 Oct 2011, 02:29
Location: CALIFORNIA DREAMING

Post by Mindsweeper » 03 Aug 2015, 20:39

Bonkers wrote:
The cover reminds me of early 2000 Eurobeat: Racing, Fire, Power! Higher!
Not sure what a sleepy lady with bump-it hair eating her glasses has to do with fire and power but okay

Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1332
Joined: 03 Oct 2010, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Post by Bonkers » 03 Aug 2015, 20:53

Mindsweeper wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
The cover reminds me of early 2000 Eurobeat: Racing, Fire, Power! Higher!
Not sure what a sleepy lady with bump-it hair eating her glasses has to do with fire and power but okay
!!!!! She looks very 80s sportsy! And with the red color added to it...It just creates a good 80s sportsy look!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 540
Joined: 23 Aug 2014, 23:50
Location: Oh baby break it up! Yeah!
Contact:

Post by M2-EB » 03 Aug 2015, 21:01

Mindsweeper wrote:Not sure what a sleepy lady with bump-it hair eating her glasses has to do with fire and power but okay
wait what
Image

Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1332
Joined: 03 Oct 2010, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Post by Bonkers » 03 Aug 2015, 21:36

milachan wrote:
Mindsweeper wrote:Not sure what a sleepy lady with bump-it hair eating her glasses has to do with fire and power but okay
wait what
He hates bump-it hair.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Posts: 6948
Joined: 17 May 2005, 07:18
Location: searching for missing Eurogrooves trax

Post by drnrg » 04 Aug 2015, 05:34

Bonkers wrote:
Mindsweeper wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
The cover reminds me of early 2000 Eurobeat: Racing, Fire, Power! Higher!
Not sure what a sleepy lady with bump-it hair eating her glasses has to do with fire and power but okay
!!!!! She looks very 80s sportsy! And with the red color added to it...It just creates a good 80s sportsy look!
the cover itself isn't bad, but that orange like shade on her cheek makes her look like a MILF with saggy cheek.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar
Posts: 385
Joined: 18 Oct 2011, 02:29
Location: CALIFORNIA DREAMING

Post by Mindsweeper » 05 Aug 2015, 06:25

milachan wrote: wait what
Her fake sexy eyes expression looks sleepy to me, and why would you put your glasses in your mouth that's just silly. (I get it's supposed to be sexy too but I think it just looks dumb and trashy)
Bonkers wrote: He hates bump-it hair.
I really do though, hated it when it was in style a few years ago and still do lol
(also I'm a lady teehee)

Anyway everyone has their own tastes, you can safely ignore me. :P This cover just manages to hit every single cringe and dislike button in my brain so I'm unusually vocal about it.

Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1332
Joined: 03 Oct 2010, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Post by Bonkers » 05 Aug 2015, 15:32

Mindsweeper wrote:
milachan wrote: wait what
Her fake sexy eyes expression looks sleepy to me, and why would you put your glasses in your mouth that's just silly. (I get it's supposed to be sexy too but I think it just looks dumb and trashy)
Bonkers wrote: He hates bump-it hair.
I really do though, hated it when it was in style a few years ago and still do lol
(also I'm a lady teehee)

Anyway everyone has their own tastes, you can safely ignore me. :P This cover just manages to hit every single cringe and dislike button in my brain so I'm unusually vocal about it.
:P I have covers I don't like either. SEB 90 & Best of 2010 come to mind...and the 91-99 covers.

#Infinity
Euroheater
Posts: 1992
Joined: 21 Apr 2007, 04:44
Location: San Diego, California

Post by #Infinity » 05 Aug 2015, 19:09

This is an absolutely horrendous selection of so-called favorites. I'll do the list thing myself, but I'll also highlight in red the songs that I straight-up dislike.

1. BEEN A BANG / FASTWAY
2. KISS / BAMBOO BIMBO
3. BAD JOY / TORA
4. NEVER SAY NEVER / MANUEL
5. DANCING ON THE STREET / DAVID DIMA
6. TONIGHT IN PARADSE / BELIGHT
7. JUST A LOVE STORY / MELA
8. NOTHING'S GONNA STOP US TONIGHT / ANNALISE
9. MAGIC SUNDAY / DAVE & FUTURA
10. FIGHT / RICH HARD
11. ONLY ONE / MARTINA DRY
12. 1 FIRE / DAVE RODGERS
13. HIGHER HIGHER MORE AND MORE / BLISS
14. UNFORGETTABLE / CHERRY
15. MISS YOU / MICKEY B
16. BABY TONIGHT / TIPSY & TIPSY
17. HOT LIKE A FIRE / REMY PANTHER
18. KING OF CENTURY / LESLIE PARRISH
19. ONE SHINY DAY / ELIZA
20. SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL / LUKE & CHERRY
21. MOONLIGHT HERO / ULTRAVIOLET
22. WHEREVER FOREVER / CIAO CIAO
23. TIGER / MANUEL
24. ANGEL / NATHALIE & ROBERTA
25. FOR THE FANS / TORA & DEJO
26. WANNA BE MY GEISHA? / MANUEL
27. BEAT AROUND / LES & MEGAN
28. HYPER SUPER POWERS / FASTWAY
29. I'M YOUR SEXY MACHINE / HOTBLADE
30. ADRENALINE / ACE

If songs like The Jungle Is on Fire, Dreamers, Hot Hot Racin' Car, and Sunlight can't make this album, yet garbage like Tonight in Paradise, Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Tonight, and especially Hot Like a Fire can, that just proves either how much Avex has stopped giving a damn, or how unpredictable Super Eurobeat's remaining Japanese fanbase has become. Either way, with the amount of influence the company has on its signed labels, it's a bad, bad sign of things to come.
ImageImage

User avatar
KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar
Posts: 462
Joined: 26 Sep 2011, 17:28
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by KiraTM » 05 Aug 2015, 19:12

#Infinity wrote:If songs like The Jungle Is on Fire, Dreamers, Hot Hot Racin' Car, and Sunlight can't make this album, yet garbage like Tonight in Paradise, Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Tonight, and especially Hot Like a Fire can, that just proves either how much Avex has stopped giving a damn, or how unpredictable Super Eurobeat's remaining Japanese fanbase has become. Either way, with the amount of influence the company has on its signed labels, it's a bad, bad sign of things to come.
Or how different the tastes can be. Two thirds of the tracklist are my favorites or enjoyable songs for me.

I ordered my copy today. :)

#Infinity
Euroheater
Posts: 1992
Joined: 21 Apr 2007, 04:44
Location: San Diego, California

Post by #Infinity » 05 Aug 2015, 19:21

I just want to know why so many people here like Hot Like a Fire. It's one of the absolute worst, most uncreative, and desperate things that HRG has produced in ages, and considering how much the label has run out of steam as of late, that's saying a lot. Have you people even heard the label's late 90s and early 2000s output? It vastly more dynamic, original, and coherently produced.
ImageImage

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 540
Joined: 23 Aug 2014, 23:50
Location: Oh baby break it up! Yeah!
Contact:

Post by M2-EB » 05 Aug 2015, 22:20

#Infinity wrote:If songs like The Jungle Is on Fire, Dreamers, Hot Hot Racin' Car, and Sunlight can't make this album, yet garbage like Tonight in Paradise, Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Tonight, and especially Hot Like a Fire can, that just proves either how much Avex has stopped giving a damn, or how unpredictable Super Eurobeat's remaining Japanese fanbase has become. Either way, with the amount of influence the company has on its signed labels, it's a bad, bad sign of things to come.
Exactly. Japanese tastes differ a lot from the rest of the world as I've noticed over the years. Why is that? I don't know. I don't believe in such thing as bad sign or whatever, eurobeat is an established genre and SEB is an established compilation.
#Infinity wrote:I just want to know why so many people here like Hot Like a Fire. It's one of the absolute worst, most uncreative, and desperate things that HRG has produced in ages, and considering how much the label has run out of steam as of late, that's saying a lot. Have you people even heard the label's late 90s and early 2000s output? It vastly more dynamic, original, and coherently produced.
well… I just want to know why so many people here like Oceania latest works. Gives me the same feeling, you know?
Those years were ones (among the few past) in which eurobeat could actually be a little profitable, so it's only natural that the productions sounded much "better" than today. People like it or not, Malvicino is one of the producers/writers/singers in current HRG - for us, it's just a matter of adapting to this new style or move on - no judgment, no hard feelings.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests