Super Eurobeat 235

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 05 Aug 2015, 23:00

I think the track list is pretty solid. Like, if someone were to ask me, "Hey, what's Eurobeat?" I would have no problem tossing them this mix.

Hi-NRG has definitely changed. Personally, I hate how plain the label is becoming: No chipmunks, no hyper riffs, no driving beat like older releases ("You Make Me Like A Natural Girl" comes to mind). BUT, the label still has Elissabetta, who is a great vocalist, and Hot Like A Fire showcases a more "happy hardcore" sounding riff, which I'm totally cool with.

Oceania...I love my chipmunky vocals. I don't listen to Eurobeat to hear dull everyday music. To me, this genre is just as underground as Happy Hardcore and other faster dance music, so the creativity and "offering something different" is a plus to the genre! I'm telling ya, smack this genre in the rave scene, and the candy kids would have it eaten up in a heartbeat.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 05 Aug 2015, 23:09

Bonkers wrote:To me, this genre is just as underground as Happy Hardcore and other faster dance music, so the creativity and "offering something different" is a plus to the genre! I'm telling ya, smack this genre in the rave scene, and the candy kids would have it eaten up in a heartbeat.
my
thoughts
exactly
:D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Aug 2015, 05:21

#Infinity wrote:I just want to know why so many people here like Hot Like a Fire. It's one of the absolute worst, most uncreative, and desperate things that HRG has produced in ages, and considering how much the label has run out of steam as of late, that's saying a lot. Have you people even heard the label's late 90s and early 2000s output? It vastly more dynamic, original, and coherently produced.
I love HRG Attack, but that's not one of my preffered from this year. The great intro totaly had me expecting something else. The song itself is decent, but I think the part that sticks out like a sore thumb is the weird Synth riff. I also understand how Remy Panther style has to differ a bit or else it will sound the same as a Luckyboy or Garcon song.

BTW; I also agree what you said about the tracklist. I think AVEX just picking random songs out of a hat. :P

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Aug 2015, 05:25

milachan wrote:well… I just want to know why so many people here like Oceania latest works. Gives me the same feeling, you know?
Tell me about it. Learning Love is possibly the only eurobeat song from the past few years that I dislike even more than Hot Like a Fire. Squeaky female vocals are a familiar trope in eurobeat, but Oceania's songs just tend to sound rushed and incomplete.
Bonkers wrote:Hi-NRG has definitely changed. Personally, I hate how plain the label is becoming: No chipmunks, no hyper riffs, no driving beat like older releases ("You Make Me Like A Natural Girl" comes to mind). BUT, the label still has Elissabetta, who is a great vocalist, and Hot Like A Fire showcases a more "happy hardcore" sounding riff, which I'm totally cool with.
The synth is the only decent part of the song. The rest of it is every eurobeat cliché wrapped into one, delivered extremely clumsily. It's the type of thing that somebody with no experience with music composition would create under the naive belief that anybody can write a eurobeat song.
Bonkers wrote:Those years were ones (among the few past) in which eurobeat could actually be a little profitable, so it's only natural that the productions sounded much "better" than today. People like it or not, Malvicino is one of the producers/writers/singers in current HRG - for us, it's just a matter of adapting to this new style or move on - no judgment, no hard feelings.
Eurobeat may not be nearly as colorful an industry as it was in the 2000s, but there are still at least some songs being produced which I still consider quite catchy. Tiger, for example, is one of Manuel's best songs in ages, and The Jungle Is on Fire has some of the hottest synth work in any eurobeat song I've ever heard. If other labels can still produce quality music, I feel that HRG should at least be able to do better than they've been lately. I guess the usual writers there have just really lost their creative impetus?
ImageImage

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 06 Aug 2015, 11:51

I don't think it comes down to losing creativity, I think it's more trying to find how to stay afloat in the current market. Like Mila said, it may be something we just have to adjust to.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 07 Aug 2015, 14:01

Has anyone found the stock photo yet? Even though I find the girl ugly, I want to create a high-res cover since avex doesn't put non-stops on iTunes.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Aug 2015, 18:08

KiraTM wrote:Has anyone found the stock photo yet? Even though I find the girl ugly, I want to create a high-res cover since avex doesn't put non-stops on iTunes.
They'll probably release the SEB on iTunes (with the extended tracks). So, you can use this website to get a high-res cover: http://bendodson.com/code/itunes-artwor ... index.html

Exemple with SEB234:
http://is5.mzstatic.com/image/pf/us/r30 ... 500-75.jpg
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 07 Aug 2015, 18:49

Let's hope that.
P.S.: I think it's much easier to get Hi-Res covers through my way: look up for the album on Google/iTunes, copy graphic adress of the cover and change the "170x170" at the end of the filename to "1200x1200".

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 18 Aug 2015, 13:57

Good and solid album with the same old songs, nothing special, nothing out of place…
Mixing is pretty decent but WOW it could be faster!!… meh, whatever
Remarkable transitions: Moonlight Hero and Tiger.
but, yep, the lack of HRG really got me (only two songs and Hot Like A Fire isn't their best, huh?)

I believe nonstops should be something more special than an incessant thing as we're seeing… enough with that, Avex should focus on releasing new works and investing in more advertising, among other stuff.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 18 Aug 2015, 19:47

milachan wrote:Good and solid album with the same old songs, nothing special, nothing out of place…
Mixing is pretty decent but WOW it could be faster!!… meh, whatever
Remarkable transitions: Moonlight Hero and Tiger.
but, yep, the lack of HRG really got me (only two songs and Hot Like A Fire isn't their best, huh?)

I believe nonstops should be something more special than an incessant thing as we're seeing… enough with that, Avex should focus on releasing new works and investing in more advertising, among other stuff.
So I take it they didn't speed the songs up any? :(

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 18 Aug 2015, 22:50

More or less. Some songs, yes, but some could be better if even faster (to my taste, because i usually like fast nonstops).

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 25 Aug 2015, 05:03

Here's my weigh in on 235...

Enough of my wishes were granted to be happy!

*Nice sound effects (especially on Beat Around)
*Creative transitions
*Tracks sounded like they were pitched, but it could just be from hearing them in non-stop fashion...but it was that good to fool to the ears!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 26 Aug 2015, 07:16

Finally an official trailer for SEB 235.
I have no clue why they are making a video for a non-stop this time around.

Anyway, too bad it only showcases one song, but the mixing effects seem decent compared to ones from the past which weren't so great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPJZWOMhC8Y

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 26 Aug 2015, 13:43

synthjunkie wrote:I have no clue why they are making a video for a non-stop this time around.

Anyway, too bad it only showcases one song, but the mixing effects seem decent compared to ones from the past which weren't so great.
Maybe it's a sign of changing??? I hope so. And yes, compared to latest mixes, this one is pretty nice.

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 26 Aug 2015, 19:58

Nice to see

(but One shiny day isn't from Martina Dry) :?