Super Eurobeat 235

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 01 Sep 2015, 14:58

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 01 Sep 2015, 15:22

I feel the same way that you do, bud. I still listen, but it just doesn't excite me the way it used to. I, in my own way, only really care for SCP, GGM, and SS these days. I feel like they are the labels that try to keep the genre fresh. You may disagree, but that's okay. I find myself listening to older albums at this point because SEB sounds so stale now.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 01 Sep 2015, 15:26

I could chime in on the previous messages. I've slowly lost interest in the more traditional eurobeat labels for just not developing enough. Mostly the same likes apply for me: SCP, Go Go's and Sinclaire seem to be the only ones actually moving forward and trying out new things.

Although I still enjoy the traditional eurobeat song here and there, but it does occasionally feel like the there's no more milk to be had from the old cow.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 01 Sep 2015, 17:14

eXtaticus, there's no need to a person stop being active here because a different opinion, I believe it should be the contrary: imagine if all members have the exact same feelings, there would be no point in having discussion threads and so on. Keep on posting and participating :)
Indeed, not all people seems to like sentimental or slower eurobeat and that's completely fine. I myself go from crazy cow songs to loveable aishu - all depends on the mood, I like it all. Maybe we'll see more of those songs in SEB, maybe not… who knows? Avex tends to surprise and since we have many different labels, we'll have many works, that can happen.
There will never exist a SEB that will please us all, that's correct (even when 234 got so close). "Lack of a clear, single target audience for the producers to aim at"? I don't think so. Honestly, I can't bear the thought of having an uniform album, that'd be awful… In the past, we barely had any variation (2, 3 labels featured max.). Super Eurobeat is a music compilation, not a label one. Each labels have their own characteristics and that's what makes this series the real deal. Is it bad? Good? Either way, I like its variability. Recently it got worse? Well, recently everything got pretty ugly…
para_rigby wrote:I find myself listening to older albums at this point because SEB sounds so stale now.
Yep. I myself never really cared so much about SEB - not when I first discovered the genre nor when I first discovered the series or nowadays when I kinda follow its releases - there's sufficient (and good) material for me in the past. I don't always look forward to get hype with new works because I know it'll never be the same…
Bore wrote:I've slowly lost interest in the more traditional eurobeat labels for just not developing enough (…) Although I still enjoy the traditional eurobeat song here and there, but it does occasionally feel like the there's no more milk to be had from the old cow.
I feel you… We might see in the future more and more changes, want it or not. Slowly, new people are getting into its productions alongside with the traditional persons and - wow - the difference is noticeable. I'm not really a fan of that… but if that means we are here to stay and we're gonna change things a little bit but we'll keep the genre alive I try to be understanding… Is either that or producers are trying to renew their labels according to the future. The fact is that there will be always milk and cows for us, not always italian ones though hahahahaha

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 01 Sep 2015, 21:18

I, too, find myself ordering older Eurobeat albums just for the freshness. What's happening is new people on board don't like the old sound, so we're getting what they want to produce.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Sep 2015, 03:26

Everyone is different. I actually still prefer the labels that stick to their sound and havn't changed much in years. That would be HRG Attack, DELTA, and Sinclaire; who has only gotten better. If TIME?Eurogrooves, was still around, I'm sure I'd be saying the same about them.

Dima has some TIMEs gone some weird transy EDM route, which I humongously dislike. My prefered songs from him are the traditional sounding ones, like "Heart's On Fire", Beautiful Night" and the new Dee Dee. Also the overude of his David Dima alias can get testy at TIMEs. Eurobeat is about as many aliases as you can carry, So I wish he would keep that tradition alive. In fact; If I were him, I woulda already gone to Giacomo at TIME studios and asked to borrow or buy the older aliases he sung for after Caria left. De Niro, Dr. Money, Lou Grant and of his perfectly executed vocals for the Robert Patton alias. Plus the old Eurobeat crowd would get a kick out of their return.

Sun Fire has gone overboard with some of there intros , instrument choices and vocals. If Rich Hard and Futura are gonna do those drastic vocals range changes, then at least introduce them as different aliases, so It doesn't look so desperate. I too wait in patient for another "1 Fire" song from Dave Rodgers.

Go Go's and SCP are major hit or miss for me. i hate the expirimental crap. I come for Traditional Eurobeat not some trying to fit in with today's EDM sound, bull. What I do cherrish about SCP, is those introductions of new aliases once in a while.

Saifam has come along way and aside from the overuse of the Tipsy and Tipsy alias; I really can't complain. It's pretty much still the Boom Boom Beat sound. Now adays I just tweek the vocals a bit to make sound human and walah!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 02 Sep 2015, 18:38

C-C-C-Combobreaker. I'll just leave my first part of 235 review here. :)

When I saw the tracklist first, I was amazed! A majority of about two-thirds are songs I like or even love! This is only the third megamix ever which has that many (in my opinion) good songs on it! The other ones were Best of SEB 2008 and 2010 (both Disc 1).
Now comes my standard hate: avux, u fokin' sirius? Why do they STILL use the goddamn teaser intro? If we don't count the teasers, it's the FIFTH TIME (Best of SEB 213, 2014, SEB 230 (BOTH discs), 235)

This is actually the only bad thing about this mix. It made fun to listen to it, DJ Boss probably had his fun doing the megamix! But more will come in my second part of my review: A transition review.
In my opinion, it's all about the transitions in a megamix. They are that what makes a megamix, you know? 235 made me think about this idea and I'll try it in the next days.