Where did everyone go?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Where did everyone go?

Post by Bonkers » 10 Jul 2015, 06:29

I was browsing through the forum back to 2013 (SEB 221 thread), and it's amazing how many more ppl were on here just 2 years ago.

Heather
DarkSky
cocotapioka
the ditz
Vadim
Shawaazu
J.Bravest
thejti
Megan188

Just to name a few! I miss our peeps!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 10 Jul 2015, 07:38

Probably just lurking around, I still see some of them posting sporadically though but not SEB related. With how SEB is nowadays, I'm not surprised if some of them already lose interest and gave up, I know a few ex active forum members who already publicly quitted eurobeat shortly after the 2012 hiatus. Either ways, the forum will never go back to the 2007-2010 time where (I feel) is at it's peak (minus the long break in 2009), where there were much more discussions and user reviews including Bore's and everyone including the labels and producers themselves just had more enthusiasm about eurobeat back then and the one SEB per month + early teasers and events kept everyone discussing and anticipating if there was going to be "the next big song".

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 10 Jul 2015, 11:59

FYI, Megan188 was me. I thought having a second, "female" account would allow me to feel like I had some freedom of expression before I truly came out as transgendered, although I did not ultimately choose the name Megan in real life.

Honestly, I'm surprised there are still as many people here as there are. The eurobeat industry has really been on its last knees since 2012, and now the only reason I come here at all is because eurobeat was an important part of my life for several years, and I still feel a level of attachment to the community here. I actually stopped listening to eurobeat regularly about a year ago, as I've since gotten into a whole ton of other music of every kind. Like WNight said, there just isn't the same spark here as there was in the late 2000s, when new SEB albums were coming out every month of the school year and the labels were still advancing the genre, rather than just rehashing the same sound without fresh inspiration.
ImageImage

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 10 Jul 2015, 15:27

As a long time lurker, I know some of these guys are still around, but not so often, too bad…
The idea of a person "quitting eurobeat" is a complete absurd to me… I can't see my life without it since I got into this genre, several years ago. It's understandable that it may be just music to some people… maybe I'm too hardcore hahahahaha although I've an eclectic music taste I always go back to eurobeat, no matter what.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 Jul 2015, 17:04

This forum is my outlet to meet other Eurobeat ppl. I'm from a small mountain town here in the States. Back in my high school days, I was the only one in my town blasting Happy Hardcore music and had to go to raves in Atlanta just be around other HHC peeps. I can think of two people, both equal in distance of me (2 hours away) that like Eurobeat....2 ppl! So it's hard to ever have time to drive and hang out. I went to a local anime club here in my current town (Chattanooga), and none of them seemed to had heard of Eurobeat (which is kind of weird since para panels are pretty big with the anime con scene).

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 10 Jul 2015, 18:09

Bonkers wrote:This forum is my outlet to meet other Eurobeat ppl (…) I can think of two people, both equal in distance of me (2 hours away) that like Eurobeat....2 ppl! So it's hard to ever have time to drive and hang out. I went to a local anime club here in my current town (Chattanooga), and none of them seemed to had heard of Eurobeat (which is kind of weird since para panels are pretty big with the anime con scene).
I'm the same hahaha I believe some people around here are not so sociable (reason why I've lurked for so long), anyway it's just a matter of getting used to - after all here's a place where eurobeat freaks can get along. I only know one person in my region who actually likes eurobeat - and he doesn't listen steadily - other eurobeat fans are scattered across the country and too far from me. In anime cons people will most probably think of it as "anison", "j-pop", "some crazy fast EDM", "hardcore?", etc (even I had no idea what the hell was eurobeat first time I heard it, all I knew is that it was awesome and it should have a name i couldn't quite find hahahahahaha)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 10 Jul 2015, 20:41

Well, I've Ben on here for 11ish years and the audience that was around when I came is completely different. I think some people have just outgrown the genre after a long while. I'm getting to that point myself. It doesn't excite me the way it used to. The feelings been that way since the late 180s.

And most people tend to age out of the genre after awhile. The majority of people probably stop listening by their late 20s/early 30s. I miss people like Nine who were some of the most fantic of euro fans that I had ever known...and they just kinda got bored with it.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 11 Jul 2015, 00:25

That's natural, people get over things, eurobeat is no exception.
They may get other interests or have no time anymore, plenty of things… I'm glad I have some friends over 30 years old that still cultivate their passion for eurobeat - obviously, not as hardcore as in the past (one just need to look at the eurobeat's situation nowadays…). It's interesting because many saw its rise through the years, also its fall (current time). The genre is alive, some old timers sticking around, some leaving forever and only a few newcomers…

I can count in my hands how many new members in the last months… or how many of us are in fact active in the present…

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 11 Jul 2015, 00:29

The two reasons I'm not that big into euro is Newfield's departure and the loss of A-Beat C. I know it's been a good while since those two things happened, but those were two big losses for the community. That's prolly around the time there was a big amount of people leaving the community.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 11 Jul 2015, 02:55

milachan wrote:As a long time lurker, I know some of these guys are still around, but not so often, too bad…
The idea of a person "quitting eurobeat" is a complete absurd to me… I can't see my life without it since I got into this genre, several years ago. It's understandable that it may be just music to some people… maybe I'm too hardcore hahahahaha although I've an eclectic music taste I always go back to eurobeat, no matter what.
As do I actually, it's both a blessing and a curse not to be able to give up on eurobeat with how incredibly screwed up SEB is nowadays - not the songs but everything else about it is dumb, dumb, DUMB. It is no longer "just music" to me either since I got into it nearly a decade ago, it's like those amazing things you see in your childhood, you hear/see it once, get amazed, you want more and it never ever leaves. Eurobeat dominates nearly 75% of my entire playlist (the rest being metal, another "underground" genre) and if I don't listen to eurobeat, frankly, I just don't know what else I can listen to (it sounds "druggy" but heck) and I just can't be like some people who just "fuck all this" and decides to stop listening at the very instant.

Social aspect wise, anyone with an iota of awareness can tell that this is quite possibly the worst time for "meeting fellow eurobeaters" and trying to get into the "scene". If one didn't get involve with the genre and the community when it was at it's second peak in the late 2000's (where it had teh interwebz and social media's help), you can be sure as hell it ain't going to happen now. Even in Japan right now, the "newer generation of eurobeat fans" (I use this term VERY loosely) has a crapton of other things they can be listening to along with "that bi-monthly eurobeat" which let's face it, doesn't have as much long lasting appeal and sound as "unique" as it did last time, and the old timer's interest either fizzle out or get frustrated with the state of SEB. One can even tell that the some of the producers themselves are not so invested in it anymore. It's barely a worthy cause and only the most die hard (might I say : stupid) fans will stay loyal to the series because of (insert reason here). Like #Infinity said, I am surprised there are still as many people on this forum as it is, with some even joining as late as this year still posting lololol.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 11 Jul 2015, 05:32

WNight wrote: the most die hard (might I say : stupid) fans will stay loyal to the series because of (insert reason here).
Hey now! That's going a little to far :P I look forward to the releases, and I like the collecting factor. I guess there's my 'reason' for being a die hard fan. I still like the music overall, both old and new. There are some tracks that I just feel are a waste, but with the conversion rate in the state it is right now, picking up an SEB isn't too bad for now. Just wish I had a friend or two to enjoy it with.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Jul 2015, 08:39

I'm still here. :P Been into Eurobeat since it was Hi Energy.

The one thing I stopped doing was my weekly Countdown, but only because of lack of material. I was up to a weekly Eurobeat top 40 for about a year when HRG Attack went crazy on Juno. Right now it would be down to a top 10. What's the fun in that?

Anyway, I'll probly outlive Eurobeat since I pretty much discard any other dance music besides ;HI-NRG/Italo/Disco and Eurobeat. Other than that I'm Hard/Alt/ and Classic Rock. Like alot of Eurobeat producers. 8)

Hopefully I can live to 80 years of age with new monthly SEBs to look forward to. As I am not one of those people that believe your listening preferences change with age.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 11 Jul 2015, 12:35

I still lurk @ EBP once in a while. But with so little activity in the eurobeat industry I indeed started to kind of quit listening the genre. I've now got my own company (TOPLESS Marketing) and I mainly specialize in marketing & branding for the commercial pop and EDM industries.

Sometimes I grab one of my Eurobeat CDs from the shelf to listen to it. But nowadays I mainly listen to other music because I'm not that much into eurobeat anymore. Not on a personal level, nor on a professional working/job level.

Thanks for wondering how I -and the rest of the people you listed- are doing :-) I greatly appreciate you remembering me.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 11 Jul 2015, 19:47

WNight, your first paragraph is me, pretty much. I used to hear a lot of different things before eurobeat - gladly, I've met my soulmate genre hahahahahaha
WNight wrote:Social aspect wise, anyone with an iota of awareness can tell that this is quite possibly the worst time for "meeting fellow eurobeaters" and trying to get into the "scene" (…) Even in Japan right now, the "newer generation of eurobeat fans" (I use this term VERY loosely) has a crapton of other things they can be listening to along with "that bi-monthly eurobeat" (…)
Honestly, I can't figure people entering the genre nowadays - or maybe they could, I dunno… After all, there's so much history in eurobeat, people might get thrilled to dig it out, huh? Japanese scene is, just about, Avex and doujin soft (aka. indie) both releasing few products not that often…
Bonkers wrote:
WNight wrote: the most die hard (might I say : stupid) fans will stay loyal to the series because of (insert reason here).
Hey now! That's going a little to far :P I look forward to the releases, and I like the collecting factor. I guess there's my 'reason' for being a die hard fan. I still like the music overall, both old and new. There are some tracks that I just feel are a waste, but with the conversion rate in the state it is right now, picking up an SEB isn't too bad for now. Just wish I had a friend or two to enjoy it with.
This! Well, I have a few online friends with whom I can have such pleasure but… yeah, they're few.
drnrg wrote:I'm still here. :P Been into Eurobeat since it was Hi Energy (…) Anyway, I'll probly outlive Eurobeat since I pretty much discard any other dance music besides ;HI-NRG/Italo/Disco and Eurobeat. Other than that I'm Hard/Alt/ and Classic Rock. Like alot of Eurobeat producers. 8)
Hopefully I can live to 80 years of age with new monthly SEBs to look forward to. As I am not one of those people that believe your listening preferences change with age.
You are my hero! I couldn't agree more, I like to compare it with those old men that go to rock shows and are so proud of their LP collection and will listen to some cds from time to time from bands they've met in their teenage days! I want to be like these people, but with eurobeat :D

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 14 Jul 2015, 10:43

I log in with a similar regularity as I've done since I first joined, whenever that was. Likewise, I buy every new SEB as it comes out. It's going to take a higher force to put me off the greatest music genre there has ever been.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher