Indie eurobeat producer Samfree has passed away.

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Indie eurobeat producer Samfree has passed away.

Post by zoupzuop2 » 01 Oct 2015, 07:00

https://twitter.com/samfree33/status/649435330148352000
Translated tweet:
samfree (real name: Sano, Masayuki) was laid in 9/24/2015 endogenous's sudden death.
It was too untimely departure is a 31-year-old.
All those who support the samfree so far, thank you very much.

Be no refund regarding your reply please. Family
The composer of Luka Luka★Night Fever, Megu Megu☆Fire Endless Night, and much more was an inspiration to fans and producers alike, and his impact on the eurobeat world outside of the SEB series was formidable. At the very least, he was one of the producers that convinced me that SEB was not the be-all end-all of eurobeat releases, and that so much was possible with this genre that I had not yet scratched the surface of at the time.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 01 Oct 2015, 08:59

A sad loss. He was a very talented musician, and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Samfree inspired me a lot too. Not even in the sense that his eurobeat productions influenced mine; early Vocaloid material is, in part, what started to get me interested in music on more than just a superficial level - and it was because of the quality of songs like Samfree's Promise (that specific performance of it, in fact) that I started to get into J-pop, anime, and eventually eurobeat, so I have a lot to thank all of those producers for, not least Samfree. Very sad that he's no longer around, and I'm sure that those of us who loved his music will remember it forever.

(That's actually him on the far left in that video playing the electric guitar; his solo is still as awesome as it was five years ago.)

RIP.

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 01 Oct 2015, 19:40

Sad news.

R.I.P.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 01 Oct 2015, 20:08

Saw this, this morning.
I am a big indie eurobeat listener in general (especially Touhou-related) so I knew what samfree. He had a few songs here and there on TEB.

I wonder what happened to him... we may never know.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Oct 2015, 01:48

Don't think I was familiar with his work, but all the same,a loss in Eurobeat is a loss to the music. R.I.P.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 02 Oct 2015, 03:43

never heard him before...but...Rest in peace to a man who made contribution to indie eurobeat scene
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 04 Oct 2015, 08:06

It makes me sad. He was one of my favorite indie artists. samfree produced so many catchy songs. "Endless, Sleepless Nght" on TEB 1 or "miki miki ★ Romantic Night" are just a few of them.
This is a heavy loss for the indie area of Eurobeat.

R.I.P. samfree, you died too young.