Aleph Feat. Dave Rodgers - Fly To Me 2016

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Aleph Feat. Dave Rodgers - Fly To Me 2016

Post by Crockett » 31 Dec 2015, 18:13

In the last day of 2015 the premiere has a expected new version of "Fly To Me" by Aleph, after 30 years since the first single of the band released under Time Records. Great surprise, also before his live performance in Mexico, on 30 January 2016. As you can see in the link, the guitar played Alex De Rosso. Some modern part of the arrangement is here connected with original Manzi - Bellini style, known from pretty much earlier Italo NRG songs. Happy new year 2016 !

https://youtu.be/HLYCmXZBJ3A

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 31 Dec 2015, 21:24

Good mix. I like it. :!:

BTW, I always felt he and many eurobeat and italo artists had some interest in the occult. It's pretty obvious now seeing this cover (one eye in middle of design, "3" parts to the logo, and triangles) and even looking back to other of his covers and their titles (ie. his song "Big Brother" is a reference to the book "1984", Dave even sings out "1984" in that song)
Radiorama had many occult meanings in their covers as well as Saifam Records (including their current logo of Saturn, worshipped by many occultists).
Maybe Mauro Farina was in on it as well. Maybe I should start a thread for more detail about the Eurobeat/Italo covers and their occult meanings to come in the future...

Wonder if he's just jumping on the bandwagon and putting this out there since so many mainstream pop artists are following this pattern today more than the past.

Anyway, sorry for the side track:P

Hoping for an extended mix of this soon :grin:

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 01 Jan 2016, 15:22

I don't know what means at this moment the premiere on YouTube, where and when will be this song for sale, because he rather didn't make it for free promotion. Or maybe yes...

The sound doesn't match for Italo Disco and Italo New Generation tastes, also isn't for 150 - 160 BPM ears, so I don't expect an big interest, even Eurobeat was closed last time for the next 4 months. Anyway, who really cares about Aleph and Dave Rodgers creation, for him it's valuable, worthy remake for the song, which helped to gain Time Records a worldwide success.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 01 Jan 2016, 19:02

Crockett wrote: The sound doesn't match for Italo Disco and Italo New Generation tastes
Really? I'm a huge Italo Disco fan, and I totally hear the Italo Disco influence in this version, mixed with some different updated synths. Not really at all like today's eurobeat, but not something that would be back EXACTLY straight out from the 80's, but still a huge Italo "hybrid" of sorts, and I like it.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 01 Jan 2016, 20:55

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 02 Jan 2016, 16:53

synthjunkie wrote:
Crockett wrote: The sound doesn't match for Italo Disco and Italo New Generation tastes
Really? I'm a huge Italo Disco fan, and I totally hear the Italo Disco influence in this version, mixed with some different updated synths. Not really at all like today's eurobeat, but not something that would be back EXACTLY straight out from the 80's, but still a huge Italo "hybrid" of sorts, and I like it.
Well, I'm learned, based on observations the Italo Disco community in my country and on the internet, even the content of records, that Aleph is a Italo NRG, New Wave representative. Most of classical Italo Disco fanatics declare a continuous love for these remakers from ZYX releases. As I wrote above, of course, it's a great connection of synth from Sun Fire and original Aleph, what still doesn't mean, is far from "real" Italo New Generation. Aleph has specified fans nowadays, like A.Beat-C. at this moment, good for "open minded" group, targeted somewhere between those, love the italian dance period 1987 - 1995.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 03 Jan 2016, 23:30

Don't like it one bit. Feels like the essence of the original is buried under the updated synths and sounds and the result is a total mess. I feel like sound of the original is dated, but this remake sounds even more dated, in the wrong direction, where cheese becomes cringe.
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

MiKong
Eurobeat Fan

Post by MiKong » 04 Jan 2016, 01:36

Darkholme wrote:Don't like it one bit. Feels like the essence of the original is buried under the updated synths and sounds and the result is a total mess. I feel like sound of the original is dated, but this remake sounds even more dated, in the wrong direction, where cheese becomes cringe.
Wish I could say I liked it but I'm going to have to agree with you. As someone who thoroughly loves the original in all its rawness, the modern eurodance-ish production of this remake doesn't sit well with me.

"Thy body speaketh falsehoods!" - Norma Sheffield

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 06 Jan 2016, 02:19

I'll take this remix over any of the newer Sunfire songs ANY DAY. :wink:
Does it live to the original mix? Originals will always be originals, but I prefer this newer style of "fusion" of Eurobeat synths with Italo speed over the Newer Sunfire stuff we are getting lately produced on SEB.

Will it be successful? Who knows? But even so, in my book, Pasquini deserves an applaude for trying out such a brave mix. It's also too hard to judge from such a short mix, and whether or not any other Aleph songs will follow in due time.

Anyway, it's good to hear different opinions on this.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 06 Jan 2016, 15:10

I would like a CD box like Mauro Farina's "The Golden Years 1981 - 2000", summarizing Giancarlo Pasquini's the best years in the different labels. One renewed song for free listening and staying on SEB, where he doesn't match or average with his achievements, beside already totally differing from him producers and labels, a little pity because of that. Would do well to release a solid, big package of CDs, outside of the basic series.