Super Eurobeat 238

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 05 Apr 2016, 12:44

#Infinity wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
Bore wrote:I'd warmly welcome the 160s-170s era Dave material, but I recon that's long gone.... VIP Is JP, Eldorado, Space Invader, Make A Movement.... the good old days.
I have been collecting the 170s-180s and AbeatC had some stomping tracks back then!
It's odd that you say that because I've always considered 170s and 180s to be a dark age for A-Beat C, especially from SEB 176 to SEB 186 in particular. Their material during that period was mostly incredibly underpowered and poorly written, clearly showing ailment from the still-recent departures of Sandro Oliva and Alessandra Mirka Gatti. It wasn't until 2009 that the label truly got their act back together.
From Dave perspective the best material was done during 160s definitely. But 170s had some sparks of light in there as well. Red Core was decent and V.I.P. Is J.P. wasn't technically released on SEB till 178. Albeit being out earlier. Or maybe I'm just forgetting the timeline.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Apr 2016, 11:31

Bore wrote:
#Infinity wrote:
Bonkers wrote: I have been collecting the 170s-180s and AbeatC had some stomping tracks back then!
It's odd that you say that because I've always considered 170s and 180s to be a dark age for A-Beat C, especially from SEB 176 to SEB 186 in particular. Their material during that period was mostly incredibly underpowered and poorly written, clearly showing ailment from the still-recent departures of Sandro Oliva and Alessandra Mirka Gatti. It wasn't until 2009 that the label truly got their act back together.
From Dave perspective the best material was done during 160s definitely. But 170s had some sparks of light in there as well. Red Core was decent and V.I.P. Is J.P. wasn't technically released on SEB till 178. Albeit being out earlier. Or maybe I'm just forgetting the timeline.
I think Dave was best around 1999, when he released "Deja Vu," "Beat of the Rising Sun," "Night Fever," and "100." I also love "Burning Like Fire" from SEB 195 (which you gave a 6+ :-x ). "V.I.P." and "Red Core" were both decent songs, but even so, they were sadly among the best that A-Beat C had to offer during the dark period of 2007 and early 2008.

There was a lot of mediocre or even downright awful material produced throughout that era, however, with different artists. Among some of the biggest stinkers:

* Back to the Rising Sun (176) - A pretty much directionless song with watery synths.
* Like a Video (176) - This has an intriguing title, but the song itself couldn't be any less so.
* Watch Out (177) - A failed and uninspired attempt to capture a classic eurobeat feel.
* Dangerous Love (177) - Without meaty, hard-hitting production, Powerful T. songs cannot deliver their full potential.
* We Can Be Heroes (179) - This track is so sappy it's frankly hilarious.
* True Colour (181) - Pretty much the epitome of forgettable comeback-era Annerley Gordon songs. She should have just focused on Whigfield instead of continue to collaborate with A-Beat C after Domino and Sandro Oliva departed.
* Dance (181) - Written by a candied-up fourth grader.
* Fight All Night (182) - How are you supposed to take seriously a song about fighting all night when your instrumentation sounds like it was last used on an elevator lounge soundtrack?
* I'll Be Waiting (183) - It's Norma Vanilli, what do you expect?
* Bad Boys (183) - Sorry Matt, but this isn't how you pull off the eurobeat badass image. You need supercharged beats and aggressive melodies, not this pedestrian mess.
* Tell Me (183) - Yawn.
* Come on Up (184) - Written by a candied-up fifth grader.
* People Like Dancing (186) - Oh god, here it is, the big stinker. One of the absolute worst eurobeat songs ever recorded. The synth work is a muddled pigsty, the vocal delivery incredibly half-assed, and the melody awkwardly depressing. It falls flat in pretty much every single department. While I can understand ranking "I'm Superstar" below this, that song almost has a likable cheesiness to it, whereas this just spoils my mood within a matter a seconds.

Frankly, there's not a single song produced by A-Beat C released from SEB 176 to 186 that I truly love. The closest calls would be "Gunfire," "Glorious," and "The One for Me," which are all good but not great.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Apr 2016, 18:56

I kinda like the romantic stuff.

Like a Video and Tell Me were great. I just wish there was an extended version out there.

what I detested most from that era were AbeatC's intros. Most sounded really out of place.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 06 Apr 2016, 19:47

Wow Infinity, you pretty much bashed the tracks I love :P

*Like A Video (nice & cheesy)
*Back To The Rising Sun (Love the chorus)
*Fight All Night (Love the chorus / riff)
*True Colour (Nice B-Melo / Sabi / Riff)
*Dance (Looooove the riff)

I think what I loved about 2007-2008 ABeatC was the heavy drum samples, especially in The One For Me (185). I think the whole era simply reminded me of 2003-2004 UK Hardcore (just slower).

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Apr 2016, 22:31

Bonkers wrote:I think what I loved about 2007-2008 ABeatC was the heavy drum samples, especially in The One For Me (185). I think the whole era simply reminded me of 2003-2004 UK Hardcore (just slower).
Heavy drum samples? UK Hardcore? A-Beat C from that period produced basically the lightest, wateriest eurobeat seen in several years up to that point. "The One for Me" has a thicker downbeat, so I can somewhat understand your comparison there, but just like everything else, it's still caught up in that awkward mellowness that defined the period.
ImageImage

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 07 Apr 2016, 01:58

#Infinity wrote:
Bonkers wrote:I think what I loved about 2007-2008 ABeatC was the heavy drum samples, especially in The One For Me (185). I think the whole era simply reminded me of 2003-2004 UK Hardcore (just slower).
Heavy drum samples? UK Hardcore? A-Beat C from that period produced basically the lightest, wateriest eurobeat seen in several years up to that point. "The One for Me" has a thicker downbeat, so I can somewhat understand your comparison there, but just like everything else, it's still caught up in that awkward mellowness that defined the period.
2003-2004 UK Hardcore...those were the super trancey years. Of course Hardcore is going to have a harder beat, but ABeatC just had a thick / full beat, and Dave just made those clanky trance synths work (Speedy Runner).

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 07 Apr 2016, 17:41

Once the team on the label split up, it definitely wasn't the same. The 171-189 was really the weakest era for A-Beat C. I relax did enjoy their stuff from 151-169 in particular.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 07 Apr 2016, 18:02

I am probably the only one who enjoyed 2007-2009 A-Beat-C but then again, I am an A-Beat-C fanatic so yeah. Ace Warrior's No Religion in particular was a huge standout of this time for me.

Anyways, about time we get a tracklist for 238?
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 08 Apr 2016, 05:04

WNight wrote:I am probably the only one who enjoyed 2007-2009 A-Beat-C but then again, I am an A-Beat-C fanatic so yeah. Ace Warrior's No Religion in particular was a huge standout of this time for me.

Anyways, about time we get a tracklist for 238?
I'm with ya! :grin:

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 08 Apr 2016, 14:08

Bonkers wrote:I hope we see the return of Dave Rodgers...not the "Tell Me" Dave, but the Race is Over Dave.
Tell me is one of the best new eurobeat tracks in years <3 The Race Is Over Is Good, too, though.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 10 Apr 2016, 04:00

Preview of Manuel's new track!
http://youtu.be/J_swMUValPI

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 10 Apr 2016, 06:25

para_rigby wrote:Preview of Manuel's new track!
Unnn ... not really impressed with this preview, but we'll see.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 11 Apr 2016, 02:59

WNight wrote:
Love the riff and vocals....just wish it wasn't boom-chuck-boom-chuck...it's like the chuck's disrupt the energy. I like Manuel's tracks like Gunfire, Big Boy, Got To Go, Sun in The Rain....where there's a driving drum beat.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 11 Apr 2016, 03:15

Bonkers wrote:
WNight wrote:
Love the riff and vocals....just wish it wasn't boom-chuck-boom-chuck...it's like the chuck's disrupt the energy. I like Manuel's tracks like Gunfire, Big Boy, Got To Go, Sun in The Rain....where there's a driving drum beat.
Considering those were old A Beat C tracks, that would have something to do with it. GGM's synths are a little too chaotic and 'disorganized' sounding as of recent...

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 11 Apr 2016, 07:52

New Eurobeat is so crap these days I dunno why people still buy it.