Super Eurobeat 238

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 14 Apr 2016, 13:47

Majority of the tracks were very forgettable, and it's ironic that the freshest song of the bunch is one that takes the old, slowed-down EB sound. Hero is just awful, a complete mess, grating vocals and chaotic sound. Ace did alright on the chorus but that riff is obnoxious as hell. Shoot and Walk in the Sunshine are good enough to mention but the rest...

I'm dying for some seriously radical changes!
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 14 Apr 2016, 17:06

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:58, edited 2 times in total.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 14 Apr 2016, 17:06

editing my 2 salty cents 'cus I have some fucks to give after listening to it fully

01. HERO / KEN MARTIN :???:
A good idea, but it didn't work, it seems
02. I WANNA BE A STAR / LOLITA <3 <3
Hands down, the best eurobeat-hybrid song I've heard in ages. Sensational. Holy Fucking Shit, my ears have been blessed with the song of the awesome. Only down side is the length.
03. BOOM BOOM BOOSTER / TORA :|
Skipped
04. FORBIDDEN LOVE / CHERRY :|
Skipped, although still loving Delta
05. I'LL NEVER BREAK / ACE :)
Cute, very trance-ish though, but it fits Christian's voice. Again the length is problematic, the song seems to end suddenly.
06. FIREGUN / VICKY VALE :P
Very catchy, especially the chorus, but repetitive.
07. DO YOU REMEMBER? / ALEKY :grin:
Damn, the first 10 seconds made this song for me, fucking amazing. Dima presses all my buttons just right.
08. BLAT THE TRUMPET / JEFF DRILLER :!:
Damn! This song really uplifts the mood! The voice samples, the heavy accent, it's all there. The trumpet!! Hahahahahaha
09. BABY BABY / CIAO CIAO :)
Nice riff and the heavy melody is really attractive, the chorus is great. A solid instrumental that exalts Elisabetta's voice in a very charming way.
10. SHOOT! / DAVID DIMA :D
(didn't edit this because the feeling is the same, but I shall add that this song gave me the feels)#HugDima I prefer his upbeat songs, but any Dima song is good song so I'll suck it up.
11. WALK IN THE SUNSHINE / LILLY :D
It reminds me of some of their ~2009 works. The building to chorus is very nice. Everything rhymes and there's nothing out of place. Really like the vocal part in the bridge, despite being short. HRG being HRG and doing great hahaha
12. FUN / JAGER <3
(didn't edit again, but I shall add that this song gave me the biggest eurobeat boner) Amazing song, amazing voice, SCP never disappoints.
13. KISS AGAIN / LES, ANA & ROBERTA :grin:
Nice one! I prefer when Sinclaire Style goes this steady, think it has to do with Roberta songs. And three vocalists? Man, that's great! (Who is the contralto from these three? Dude, it gave me chills!)
14. ALL OVER ME / PAMSY <3
(didn't edit again, but I shall add that this song gave me another eurobeat boner) Amazing song, amazing voice, SCP never disappoints.
15. HYSTERIA / MANUEL :wink:
Manuel is a wonderful composer, producer and writer, his voice is amazing beyond words but yeah, this song sound pretty confusing at some parts haha
Terrible album, as usual :???:
6/10 would not buy...
Not all that terrible
after a good, calm, listen it became a solid 8.5/10
Last edited by M2-EB on 21 Apr 2016, 17:12, edited 2 times in total.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 14 Apr 2016, 18:54

eXtaticus wrote:Looking strong! Dima and Ace and Aleky and Manuel and Lolita - oh my!

Shoot! is probably my favourite so far, despite the fact that it's not as fast as I'd like - and I'll Never Break as a close second, simply for the chorus melody. ;3

Also, the riff for Vicky Vale's Firegun sound like it could have come from Sugano! ;D
I was quite surprised myself that the track didn't sound too much like their other productions in terms of the synth sounds! Really like this one!!

Vinylyarou
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Vinylyarou » 15 Apr 2016, 00:49

eXtaticus wrote:...
Also, the riff for Vicky Vale's Firegun sound like it could have come from Sugano! ;D
This is what I've been expecting for, a risky change! Maybe it's not (it won't, definitely) a superhit, but COME ON, IT'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT, AFTER 6-7 YEARS!

It reminds me of T. Stebbins - China Gal...
Latest simfile:

Previous Eurobeat simfiles: Iron Man - Mark Astley [Delta Music Industry]/ Self Control - Laura Branigan [Atlantic Records]

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 15 Apr 2016, 01:22

According to one site, the name Sugarini was listed for Firegun...is this Sugano?!

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 15 Apr 2016, 02:14

The tracklist/artist selection looks amazing. Pretty sad to read everyone's thoughts on the samples here. I haven't listened to them yet, I'll wait for the album. But I can't say I'm surprised. I recently listened to the last few releases at work and god damn were they lackluster

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Apr 2016, 02:22

rating previews with smileys.
8) = perfect Eurobeat zone.
:D = Great souding song
:) = Not bad. Could prove interesting
:|= undecided
:( = dissapointing

HYSTERIA / MANUEL (GGMs)
I like the chorus. I'll reserve my comments untill I hear complete song.
:|

BLAST THE TRUMPET / JEFF DRILLER (HRG Attack)
The first thing that came to mind is. These don't sound like old school trumpets. I don't like the synth sound they chose to play trumpets on. Sounds more like a kazoo. "Lacks Energy" BIG TIME.
:(

BOOM BOOM BOOSTER / TORA (Sinclaire Style)
very catchy Synth riff and even better chorus melody.
:D

FUN / JAGER (SCP)
Never been a fan of his vocals. IMOP they don't fit Eurobeat. Final rating depends on how long the song runs?

FIREGUN / VICKY VALE (Delta)
Eurobeat ala 80s Hi Energy. I can hear a very strong synth riff and chorus. Could be a favorite of mine?
8)

ALL OVER ME / PAMSY (SCP)
This doesn't do much for me.

DO YOU REMEMBER? / ALEKY (Dima Music)
Sounds good. No modern day EDM sounds another point for that.
:)

I WANNA BE A STAR / LOLITA (GGMs)
The bpms make sound very interesting. Could be a winner.
:)

SHOOT! / DAVID DIMA (Dima Music)
Should have given the song to Dee Dee alias. I guess I'll continue to enjoy "Dance For Love" for now.

I'LL NEVER BREAK / ACE (SCP)
I don't like modern EDM sounds at all. This is good for Poptart top 40.

KISS AGAIN / LES, ANA & ROBERTA (Sinclaire Style)
Owee. Sinclaire is back on track. The multi vocalists give it so much NRG.
8)

BABY BABY / CIAO CIAO (HRG Attack)
I just love Ciao Ciao. the riff is great. They can do no wrong in my eyes.

FORBIDDEN LOVE / CHERRY (Delta)
I'm getting strong Italo vibes from chorus..

WALK IN THE SUNSHINE / LILY (HRG Attack)
yes! This will be one of my top tracks. If not the top one?
8)

HERO / KEN MARTIN (Saifam/Boom Boom Beat)
I still find this one very interresting. The riff sounds like a past TIME records song. Maybe from Lou Turner?

Only a couple of songs give me that perfect Eurobeat zone vibe, but that gives room for more songs to grow on me with each listen. Could be one of those fine wine volumes.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 15 Apr 2016, 06:34

-------
Last edited by Anthony McBazooka on 21 Apr 2016, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.

vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 15 Apr 2016, 10:52

I have completely lost interest in new releases since SEB 233, but listening to the samples uploaded SEB 238 looks so promising to me. A few names which include Cherry, Lolita, Dima, Ace and Les gave me a glimpse of hope for this release.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 15 Apr 2016, 13:43

David Dima

Lolita

Vicky Vale

Ace

These four again sound familiar, here's the EDM music, which can be identified with something, compared, analyzed, where it's something to hear and found inside in tune, which really exist.

The rest more or less it's like a mechanical noise, to be sincere, guitars, keyboards, feel a unpleasant restlessness, evoke negative emotions, sound like from the same studio, made by the same staff. Melodies? I can only try to imagine, where they are.

I always want to respect, if somebody has really passion in this genre and buy CD for support the artists. I also respect the work put into creation.

However, someone who grew up with italian dance music in 80s or 90s will be terrified that was made by italian producers, the more the same, which wrote the songs in the last decades.

This is current japanese music, producing by italian musicians, listen now in USA and in Japan, maybe by a few persons in Europe. That's probably the most weird, this selection, where is "Eurobeat" released, where written and who listens. So I wouldn't except changes. Generation brought up on modern MTV and commercial pop, or on not dance genres takes over this music, the rest want to survive and have to match. It just seems to look like.

Yeah, totally, Sun Fire doesn't match here.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 15 Apr 2016, 14:49

I think Fly Magic was a really nice song, and Jager in general maintains a high quality in his tracks. His voice is unique and just corny enough for eurobeat. I Won't Fall Apart, What D'You Want From Me and Because of You were all excellent and immediate standouts for their sound. I want more of that Jager, as long as he doesn't get stuck with one sound and keeps it fresh. Fun sadly didn't offer that as far as the sample goes
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 15 Apr 2016, 15:03

Crockett wrote:The rest more or less it's like a mechanical noise, to be sincere, guitars, keyboards, feel a unpleasant restlessness, evoke negative emotions, sound like from the same studio, made by the same staff. Melodies? I can only try to imagine, where they are.
Yeah, totally, Sun Fire doesn't match here.
It's a pity, Sun Fire has 3 of my favorite vocalists all time and well, who knows what will happen now. They dead?
Awesome, at least 3 labels sounding the same (trance-ish, pop-ish, catchy but very forgettable). Another label that make all works sounding so boring, another that is hit and miss and my two favorites almost completely lacking what I like the most in them. It's so fucking sad to see eurobeat trying to emulate some EDM shit to gather audience - or so it seems - good for sells but bad for the style itself. My opinion btw, you may dismiss it as always.

:?

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 15 Apr 2016, 15:36

-------
Last edited by Anthony McBazooka on 21 Apr 2016, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Apr 2016, 15:38

Crockett wrote:....
To be honest, I don't even care anymore. As long as the song sounds good without going completely "pop music like", I'll take it.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania