Unknown singers for Time Records

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Delta
Eurobeat Fan

Unknown singers for Time Records

Post by Delta » 09 Apr 2016, 03:19

Well, after comparing tones of voices through my Eurobeat years, I think that there was an unknown singer working at Time between 1996 and 2002, and another one between 2004 and 2006 :3

I call them ''Patricia'' and ''Nameless'' ! Patricia is the one behind Niki Niki, Claire Deny, Giselle, Kim Loren, Patricia and many other solo and duet aliases between 1996-2002. For sure, it's definitely not Emanuela Gubinelli....

Then, ''Nameless'' worked under the name Nayr as well, and sung ''Wonderful Glory'' with Elena Ferretti and Fabio Venturini :P

There's also some unknown vocalists who worked for Time in the 80's, like Anna (probably Anna Lombardoni), Rok Master (rumored to be Giuliano Crivellente), Diux, Sara, Suzy Lane (maybe Susi Dal Gesso?) and Valeria (the first Anika in ''Young Generation'') ^^

#Infinity
Euroheater

Re: Unknown singers for Time Records

Post by #Infinity » 09 Apr 2016, 12:18

vladimirkonami wrote:There's also some unknown vocalists who worked for Time in the 80's, like Anna (probably Anna Lombardoni), Rok Master (rumored to be Giuliano Crivellente), Diux, Sara, Suzy Lane (maybe Susi Dal Gesso?) and Valeria (the first Anika in ''Young Generation'') ^^
I'm pretty much positive Suzy Lane is the same woman who sang on a lot of the early Vibration songs, mostly under the Regina, Luna, and Dominique Pratt aliases. Unfortunately, her real name is still a mystery. If it's this Susi Dal Gesso lady you speak of, then we may have a pretty big revelation for the pages.
ImageImage

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 09 Apr 2016, 13:43

#Infinity wrote:I'm pretty much positive Suzy Lane is the same woman who sang on a lot of the early Vibration songs, mostly under the Regina, Luna, and Dominique Pratt aliases. Unfortunately, her real name is still a mystery. If it's this Susi Dal Gesso lady you speak of, then we may have a pretty big revelation for the pages.
This has been discussed many years ago on this forum. Susanna dal Gesso highly probably sung Midnight Song, Emotions, Hi Sun and Kiss Me. You can compare her recent vocal work at http://www.susydalgessoenterprise.com/video.php.

Suzy Lane on the other hand indeed sounds like the early Vibrations like Sha La La.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 09 Apr 2016, 13:58

Giuliano Crivellente has a hoarse voice, totally not Rok Master.

Delta
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Delta » 09 Apr 2016, 15:17

Crockett wrote:Giuliano Crivellente has a hoarse voice, totally not Rok Master.
That's so funny that Cheeseman put it in the Catalogue LOL XD

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 09 Apr 2016, 18:28

I wish to know, who of these listed nicknames has and how big contribution in that catalog, in which part, about which years etc.

I heard Laurent Gelmetti was involved in help with writing this catalog, when the forum website was more active, and he's a truly person, which can remember these things, what do you ask. I think without exaggeration, it's very possible he participated in the most of Time songs in 80s and 90s too (till Delta founding).

Eurobeat Prime was builded 2-3 years after Italo Disco community re-borned on the web or even in the same time.

Some people were considered as the authorities of Italo Disco already in early 2000s, because they knew more than the rest. However today the same people admit, that they based or knew only so much, how was written on these very first music web portals like euro-flash.net.

I'm sure a lot of detailed and correct informations were moved here by those contributors or others and placed in the catalog. But also a lack of clear knowledge from 90s and 80s, those all secrets, "scams" could be the reasons of wrong informations everywhere until now.

If you're really interested about 80s, find dutch or scandinavian people, which created euro-flash.net database or these from I Venti D'Azzurro.

You actually gave me an nice idea ! Some of them I associate, they will be at I Venti D'Azzurro 30 Anni, like the studio workers (Laurent Gelmetti), so I can try to get to know about Time 8) :wink:

Delta
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Delta » 09 Apr 2016, 18:52

Crockett wrote:I wish to know, who of these listed nicknames has and how big contribution in that catalog, in which part, about which years etc.

I heard Laurent Gelmetti was involved in help with writing this catalog, when the forum website was more active, and he's a truly person, which can remember these things, what do you ask. I think without exaggeration, it's very possible he participated in the most of Time songs in 80s and 90s too (till Delta founding).

Eurobeat Prime was builded 2-3 years after Italo Disco community re-borned on the web or even in the same time.

Some people were considered as the authorities of Italo Disco already in early 2000s, because they knew more than the rest. However today the same people admit, that they based or knew only so much, how was written on these very first music web portals like euro-flash.net.

I'm sure a lot of detailed and correct informations were moved here by those contributors or others and placed in the catalog. But also a lack of clear knowledge from 90s and 80s, those all secrets, "scams" could be the reasons of wrong informations everywhere until now.

If you're really interested about 80s, find dutch or scandinavian people, which created euro-flash.net database or these from I Venti D'Azzurro.

You actually gave me an nice idea ! Some of them I associate, they will be at I Venti D'Azzurro 30 Anni, like the studio workers (Laurent Gelmetti), so I can try to get to know about Time 8) :wink:
YEAH :D :D I even updated the catalogue haha X3 Ask him about the identity of Madison :P :P one of the first vocalists from Delta ^^ and also Francie and Paul Dickenson :P if you can XD

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 12 Apr 2016, 17:18

vladimirkonami wrote:I call them ''Patricia'' and ''Nameless'' ! Patricia is the one behind Niki Niki, Claire Deny, Giselle, Kim Loren, Patricia and many other solo and duet aliases between 1996-2002. For sure, it's definitely not Emanuela Gubinelli....
The first Giselle (Baby I'm Sorry, 1991) was Emanuela Gubinelli. In the Colours Of My Love chorus I hear Elena Ferretti (probably loud backing vocals), but not in the verse and bridge. This Giselle and Kim Loren are the same. I don't think this is the same vocalist as the Luca Pernici vocalist of Patricia (Doctor Doctor), Claire Deny (Bambolina) or Niki Niki (1 2 3, Let Me Be Your Love).

I'm almost certain that Giselle and Kim Loren are in fact Gisella Cozzo.
http://www.gisellacozzo.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZa6ldUXNHQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jU4B77JWks

I don't know the name of the Pernici vocalist though.

Delta
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Delta » 12 Apr 2016, 21:48

jeurobeat wrote:
vladimirkonami wrote:I call them ''Patricia'' and ''Nameless'' ! Patricia is the one behind Niki Niki, Claire Deny, Giselle, Kim Loren, Patricia and many other solo and duet aliases between 1996-2002. For sure, it's definitely not Emanuela Gubinelli....
The first Giselle (Baby I'm Sorry, 1991) was Emanuela Gubinelli. In the Colours Of My Love chorus I hear Elena Ferretti (probably loud backing vocals), but not in the verse and bridge. This Giselle and Kim Loren are the same. I don't think this is the same vocalist as the Luca Pernici vocalist of Patricia (Doctor Doctor), Claire Deny (Bambolina) or Niki Niki (1 2 3, Let Me Be Your Love).

I'm almost certain that Giselle and Kim Loren are in fact Gisella Cozzo.
http://www.gisellacozzo.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZa6ldUXNHQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jU4B77JWks

I don't know the name of the Pernici vocalist though.
You know what? It's true ^^ !! Vocalist confirmed :P

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 13 Apr 2016, 20:21

Happily with all labels I began the same way - Discogs filter by a year.

Nothing about 80s now.

Giselle and several other tracks from 1989 to 1991 (Downtown included) weren't released by Avex Trax or only in Italy, and these are the real masterpieces, for which is worth to buy those another japanese compilations.

If I get to know Time discography since their very first SEB productions, probably I couldn't bestow this record company my sympathy.

A.Beat-C. made their old style, but what made on early SEB the Time staff, sometimes I really don't understand... Of course not all songs were bad, but on SEB in 1991 and 1992 I feel, that each volume was failed because of at least one of Time song.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 13 Apr 2016, 21:31

^Not sure what you're trying to say. Saying that TIME wasn't good in the early SEB volumes? Now, I know you're an A-BEAT freak, but TIME was good around then!

Delta
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Delta » 14 Apr 2016, 00:45

para_rigby wrote:^Not sure what you're trying to say. Saying that TIME wasn't good in the early SEB volumes? Now, I know you're an A-BEAT freak, but TIME was good around then!
Indeed! Time made good tracks, especially when Giacomo Maiolini was the owner since 1988 :P In addition to that, Aleph did really good tracks for Time , Newfield pushed the style a step further and Dall'Ora uplifted the sounds since 1996 (although he did produced since 1994) XD <3

Honestly, I'm a SinclaireStyler and Deltaddict XP

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 14 Apr 2016, 13:09

para_rigby wrote:^Not sure what you're trying to say. Saying that TIME wasn't good in the early SEB volumes? Now, I know you're an A-BEAT freak, but TIME was good around then!
Freak? :evil: Once again...

In meant only Time in 1991 and 1992 on Avex Trax SEB Vol. 14 - 29. Nor Time in 80s, either in another years.

L. Gelmetti - A. Puntillo duo had several or more tracks matched to this narrow at that period SEB with A.Beat-C. faster Italo Disco, but they were moved to Victor series or skipped or something else.

And on SEB the main choice fell for example on F. Bonini or G. Caria very specific aggressive, tuneless songs in my ears - remember, I'm just telling what I think and feel.

Even I like these vocalists, in these 2 years, with this selection, considering Time as the second contributor on SEB, they began a little like with music from other planet. Listen to Alexis etc.

I don't like that kind of mess on these ~15 CDs, fortunately always were 11-13 tracks, so 90-95% I love and glorify. :) I see, I've never criticized yet this aspect of early SEB, of course only subjectively. :)

In 1991 and 1992 the selection was made so, not otherwise. Time existed much before, when SEB was planned, A.Beat-C. started the japanese series alone, so Time from 1990 to 1992 lost somewhere or maybe I should say, it stayed on Victor very varied compilations, if we don't take into account SEB Beat Freak or later Avex Trax Vol. 1 -8.

They had many fantastic typical Italo early 90s tracks of this mentioned above duo of composers and more and more, but to collect them it's not so easy like with A.Beat-C. - buy next SEB. For me no problem, I love to collect "weird" and rare, forgotten CDs like Victor, but these tracks could be on SEB too ;)

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 17 Apr 2016, 14:46

vladimirkonami wrote:
Crockett wrote:Giuliano Crivellente has a hoarse voice, totally not Rok Master.
That's so funny that Cheeseman put it in the Catalogue LOL XD
Well, the only time I heard Crivellente sing was "A Simple Song" from the Golden Years compilation, and to be honest I heard a similarity there. But yeah, that's very much a shot in the dark...
Crockett wrote:I wish to know, who of these listed nicknames has and how big contribution in that catalog, in which part, about which years etc.

Well, in retrospect I wish I had clearly noted the sources of vocalist-related info, as they range from educated guesses by myself to confirmed information from producers and vocalists themselves. There were cases where I was sure I heard a certain vocalist in a song, and later on I found out from a producer that it was a completely different person... Once I convert the catalogue to an online database, I'd be more than happy to get together with some knowledgeable people and revise the vocalist section to be more credible than it is currently.