Super Eurobeat 239

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Jun 2016, 06:38

para_rigby wrote:Drnrg, Luca was Van TK
I totally forgot about that name. He had like 6 songs, but in no way were those songs on the level that Luka has had on Delta. It's probably a preference thing between us and I respect that, but even Luka's worst is better than Van T.K.'s best. At least to me it is.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 14 Jun 2016, 07:05

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Jun 2016, 12:49

xiao wrote:
para_rigby wrote:Luca was so much better when he was with SCP.
True dat my dude! My top 3 favourite Luca songs are:

1. Super Rider
2. Rockin' Dome \m/
3. Stop to Give Up

Big Boss would be No.3 if he had more than 10 seconds of vocal rap in the there - still dank as ace tho! :D ~
You agree that Luca was better at SCP by quoting Para_rigby. Yet, Only 1 of the 3 songs you listed are from SCP...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 14 Jun 2016, 13:44

No comments, just emoticons.

01. Dave Rodgers – Restarted Tonight

:!:

02. Lolita – Made for Love

:?

03. Dejo & Chai – We Rock'Em All

8)

04. Seastar – Made Out Of Fire

:???:

05. Cherry – Never Again

<3

06. Franz Tornado – Sexy Gaucho

:grin:

07. Norma Sheffield – Love Love Love

:|

08. Dream Fighters – Firebird

:neutral:

09. Cindy – Bed Girl

:)

10. Luke – Touchdown

^^

11. J.3 Benz – Let Me Fly On Tokyo Night

:D

12. Manuel – Temple of Desire

13. F.C.F – Babe I Know

14. Bon – Power Fighter

8)

15. Bamboo Bimbo – Go Kooky Go

:ew:

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 14 Jun 2016, 15:28

Seastar's melody reminds me so much of Yo Shine's Power of My Love that it's not even funny.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 14 Jun 2016, 16:14

para_rigby wrote:Seastar's melody reminds me so much of Yo Shine's Power of My Love that it's not even funny.
As awesome as 'Power Fighter' is, it also remembers me a lot of Daniel's 'Super Driver'.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 14 Jun 2016, 16:32

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 14 Jun 2016, 18:56

Darkholme wrote:I thought I'd love Norma's track until I heard the vocals, what the hell did they do to her? Her voice is completely buried and neutered

At least the synth line is great, and that dance piano in the background is just the sound I love in older eurobeat
Hmmm... Next persons are dissatisfied "that" voice. Maybe it's not her typical tone, but don't kidding me, you can't recognize her? 8) Maybe this is some correction or a little error at the mix stage. Please pay attention the melody of the part in teaser.

That's unbelieveable and terrible simple tune I've never heard. If any melody you can find in Eurobeat yet just as the listener, on SEB Vol. 239 the last recognizable you should find anyway here in Norma Sheffield, beside quite good in Dave Rodgers and Lolita tracks, or perchaps in a one more song in the other label. The same situation since... All teams don't see the need for change, so classical as "modern" arrangements.

She had always these kinds of tunes and it's the only one track on this SEB remains the oldest A.Beat-C. style. But of course "Love Love Love" wins as the simplest melody ever. :!: Yeah, shocking when you compare with the rest.

The woman sings for fun and passion, her identity was hidden for publicity and actually still is, for addition now she visits Rodgers Studio much less. I wouldn't have any bigger regrets. Try to imagine when she goes to the studio and gets such tune after a break, which would surprise many professionals. Could be some small problem and then the final song sounds weird. ;)

Not so long ago some people said, that Lolita squealed. Every vocalist can be surprised the background music and perform a bit worse than usually. :wink:

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 15 Jun 2016, 01:33

So, I haven't been paying attention to SEB lately, this is the first sample I've listened to since 228 or 229...and I feel like the drums in almost all of these songs are super buried, is it just me?

It's way too hard to hear anything but the kicks (and even the kicks are pretty quiet), and it's seriously bothering me. Everything feels less fast and frantic with the percussion so empty.

I doubt it's the producers' fault, it would be weird if they all started mixing badly all of the sudden. Maybe there's a mastering engineer at Avex that needs to get fired.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Jun 2016, 02:16

Mindsweeper wrote:So, I haven't been paying attention to SEB lately, this is the first sample I've listened to since 228 or 229...and I feel like the drums in almost all of these songs are super buried, is it just me?
I know for a fact that Delta doesn't "brickwall" their tracks at all and have a good Dynamic Range value. Anyway, the labels all have their own mastering. So, when they send them to Avex, they level the mastering which... makes things even worse a lot of times.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Jun 2016, 03:08

Anthony McBazooka wrote:No comments, just emoticons.

8)

13. F.C.F – Babe I Know

14. Bon – Power Fighter

8)
I was just wondering which one of those smilys describes the song you like best? Mine is; of course, The sunglasses smily. It means at my perfect Eurobeat zone. Is it the same for you?

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 15 Jun 2016, 05:58

drnrg wrote:
Anthony McBazooka wrote:No comments, just emoticons.

8)

13. F.C.F – Babe I Know

14. Bon – Power Fighter

8)
I was just wondering which one of those smilys describes the song you like best? Mine is; of course, The sunglasses smily. It means at my perfect Eurobeat zone. Is it the same for you?
No, it's the other one. I think the 2 songs have great potential but I really need to listen to the full length versions, so I stay cool with sunglasses on but look positive, those were my thoughts about this emoticon.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 15 Jun 2016, 06:49

Crockett wrote:Hmmm... Next persons are dissatisfied "that" voice. Maybe it's not her typical tone, but don't kidding me, you can't recognize her? 8) Maybe this is some correction or a little error at the mix stage. Please pay attention the melody of the part in teaser.
What I'm bothered by is the mixing of her vocals. Her voice is one of my absolute favorites in eurobeat because of songs like Broken Heart, Techniques of Love, Sometimes etc
The vocal hook on Love Love Love sound muted and the melody is dull as hell, no life at all.
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 15 Jun 2016, 21:59

Darkholme wrote:
Crockett wrote:Hmmm... Next persons are dissatisfied "that" voice. Maybe it's not her typical tone, but don't kidding me, you can't recognize her? 8) Maybe this is some correction or a little error at the mix stage. Please pay attention the melody of the part in teaser.
What I'm bothered by is the mixing of her vocals. Her voice is one of my absolute favorites in eurobeat because of songs like Broken Heart, Techniques of Love, Sometimes etc
The vocal hook on Love Love Love sound muted and the melody is dull as hell, no life at all.
Well, you need to e-mail Norma and let her know that.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 15 Jun 2016, 22:53

drnrg wrote:
para_rigby wrote:Drnrg, Luca was Van TK
I totally forgot about that name. He had like 6 songs, but in no way were those songs on the level that Luka has had on Delta. It's probably a preference thing between us and I respect that, but even Luka's worst is better than Van T.K.'s best. At least to me it is.
His stuff post-Newfield with Delta is very blech to me. When Luca was using Eurofunk and earlier Paul Harris stuff....that was the stuff right there!