Norma Sheffield

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
parafan22
Euro To B

Norma Sheffield

Post by parafan22 » 23 Feb 2005, 06:45

It seems to be that ALOT of people dislike norma sheffield,I happen to love her songs well i love everything that comes from A BEAT C but i feel that her songs bring a very good balance to seb cds,Its nice to slow things down a bit sometimes,she has a very nice voice i think.I dont know if anyone would agree here..LOL but its nice to hear.Such as "Listen to me" Thats such a good song,one of the best shes done. :D

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 23 Feb 2005, 08:36

I like Norma too. I don't understand why people don't like her, as she has sung so many beautiful songs. :) Your Body Lies and Your Love Is A Lightning has to be my favorite of hers.

Jion

Post by Jion » 23 Feb 2005, 17:52

I don't find her voice to be all that magnificent. Her music style is very cool sometimes but its her voice that doesn't do things for me.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Pol NRG » 23 Feb 2005, 21:26

I really love the sweet voice of Francesca Contini (Norma Sheffield) and my favourite song are "(It's) for your eyes"

This is my singers' female ranking:

1] Clara Moroni :wink:
2] Elena Ferretti or Fancesca Contini (I can't decide) :oops:
3] Alessandra Gatti

Ciao,
Pol
"Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best."

Post by Guest » 24 Feb 2005, 02:34

I just think that her voice is not at all special and it doesn't seem good at all for eurobeat... well maybe italo-disco or something different all together but now when ever i hear a norma song i immediately change the track

Paraclete
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Paraclete » 24 Feb 2005, 03:41

I like its song,sounds like light music,Cure music,Unique EUROBEAT@norma, hope it keep that style

Such as:FOR A CRAZY LOVE,NEVER FORGET MY LOVE,LISTEN TO ME...All i like
SEB 200

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 24 Feb 2005, 07:37

Well I'd go along with Jion on this one, I never really found Francesca's voice to fit eurobeat that well. She has done some magnificent songs along the way, but they're mostly songs that are just more pop-py and not the aggressive kind of eurobeat I prefer the most. But I'd just point out Stay from SEB134 as clearly her best song, it's all around well done and fun to listen to. Also her version of the christmas song Silent Night works really well.

Asterisk Cloud
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Asterisk Cloud » 26 Feb 2005, 10:22

Norma's great, she's definitely in my top 5 singers list. I first started liking her music when I heard Maybe Tonite on an episode of Initial D. I also bought SEB 91, and I really liked Lonely Night. Listen to Me's also a very good one.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 03 Mar 2005, 23:50

Holy... I take back every bad word I've ever said about Norma... just played WoW and had random songs playing and heard the first mindblowing Norma song ever... And after that a few other random great songs...
But definitely.. Spring Time is _phenomenal_ my god...
I dunno what got my mind changed all of a sudden, probably Phil's hyping and other people too :D

And anyways Spring Time made it to #57 on SEB100's countdown.. so yay for Norma!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 04 Mar 2005, 04:07

I don't hate Norma, nor do I like her as much as other Eurobeat artists. With that saying, I must admit she has done some songs during her career that I have really liked a whole lot. These include: Your Body Lies, Sometimes, Maybe Tonite, Broken Heart, Looking To The People, If You Wanna Stay, Nothing Changed and Sweet Heaven. So I'm more of a fence sitter when it comes to Norma.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 04 Mar 2005, 10:30

Heh all of a sudden I want to review SEB95 and give Norma 10 that she very well deserves for Spring Time.... mmm to do it or not.

yvpash
Bad Bad Bad

Post by yvpash » 02 Sep 2005, 14:04

I think her voice + her lovely english accent, makes her sound soo good.:)
Yuri

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 02 Sep 2005, 18:38

It's not that I dislike her voice, it's that it doesn't quite fit into Eurobeat. If she sang in a different genre, I think she would sound better.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 02 Sep 2005, 22:43

My thoughts exactly maybe if she sang jazzlounge type music, she wouldn't sound waaay out of place.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 26 Dec 2005, 05:21

Er...Does anyone know her real name? :cry:

I've been believing her real name is Francesca Contini like most of you guys, but I found ronald's post on some Italo-disco site, saying as far as he knows she's NOT Francesca Contini (the sister of Alberto Contini, owner of the AbeatC label) after his two visits to Rodger's studio. I guess he must have seen the real Francesca Contini there, therefore he could deny the common perception about Norma Sheffield. So...who the heck is Norma Sheffield? :lol:
ImageImageImage