Behind the scenes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Behind the scenes

Post by Bonkers » 18 May 2016, 11:35

So what do the labels do during non-production months? Do they self-promote their own tracks in Italy? How do they develop a fan base outside a Super Eurobeat release? Like, Domino hasn't released a track since 233, so what is she doing in the meantime? Do they simply just 'leave the studio' and work on other life projects?

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 18 May 2016, 14:25

Now I feel, that nobody reads my posts... Written in the topic about I Venti D'Azzurro party...
Crockett wrote:Some artists were delayed... because they work on saturday like we all. I was waiting, contacted on Facebook and I got this reason of delaying.

Really, those times passed away, it's not my imagination, it's not what I like and why. These people are already quite far from Eurobeat as the main job and thinking what's now in the music business. They produce next SEB and it clearly seems that's all. Family, children, new occupations since at least a few or more years, new lifes, cares. Should we be surprised? Rather not or only a little.
MY DEAR EUROBEAT FRIENDS AND FANS !

Do they self-promote their own tracks in Italy?

So what do the labels do during non-production months?

How do they develop a fan base outside a Super Eurobeat release?

So what is she doing in the meantime?

Meantime of what? Being an owner on the paper :???:

What own songs, what SEB promotion and fan base, where, among which fans? Labels? Or 2 persons compose 2-3 tracks per 2-4 months? It's the same neverending discussion... Let's be realistic and wake up finally... :(

This is era of the on-line life, but many people still don't boast on Facebook, what they like. So how much of them listen and buy new SEB? A few hundreds? Maybe, however it sounds "awesome", if that would be a real number of sold copies. The rest fans whom we really can observe, the community of this forum, these are over a dozen active members.

In my case another thing is to listen, simply telling the most favorite older songs and record companies and keep alive in the mind the memories, the times when these artists have been really engaged in music production, spent much of time in studios.

But another thing is (and I can't believe), that somebody REALLY thinks and creates a completely invented reality on the web sites, inside of the former Eurobeat songwriters, vocalists sit a whole day in the studio as if now were 1990s and early 2000s! Please... :o
Crockett wrote:Name of an owner, a label releases the songs, today don't mean, that all of the staff are in the studio and have daily something much to do with real music producing.
Some of them are more active, produce more than the rest, and we know this, but if ex-Eurobeat artists have now something to do with any musical business, that's already very far from Eurobeat as a job, a method to earn money.

With respect to (ex)artists I won't describe here anything, because I have no permission, to recount someone's private life on public forum, especially after these unsophisticated rumors and jokes.

My suggestion is back to my small interview with Giordano Foglia I presented here... One of the examples, the man which was on the Eurobeat scene since late 80s, but today has many other things to do, musical as well, but everything what he has done was to help Bratt Sinclaire to make these mentioned "symbolical" 2 tracks on the last SEB.

Let's be patient and wait for a moment, when some of the old artists just will want to surprise us, make themselves some of the time variation of the current life, and visit the studio to reactivate their aliases like Domino once a few volumes ago or Norma Sheffield.
Last edited by Crockett on 20 May 2016, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 19 May 2016, 19:16

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 19 May 2016, 20:32

Why would they promote their own tracks in Italy? It's not like people in Italy can buy their stuff. They don't produce vinyls anymore. All of their stuff is on SEB, exclusive Avex.

They aren't all day in the studio since they don't make much money. Also, they don't have as many projects like the 90s when they had MNHR, EbF etc.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 19 May 2016, 22:25

xiao wrote:Crockett sometimes I wonder if you're using Google Translate or an SEB lyrics card to write your posts man ~ :D
I would like to know the examples, which sentences are so much grammatically incorrect or why this simple english may be hard to read for a person using that language at home, at work.

My family has nothing to do with english origins, I live in Europe, but english isn't my primary language like for italians and I don't use it each day except on-line.

Well, I also wasn't first time abroad, like last week when I was in Italy and nobody hadn't any problem to speak with me.

Till now on the internet I remember only two persons wanted to accuse me of my "bad" english, because they just didn't like my clearly frank opinions and what may be the reality of Eurobeat looking from the other side. Of course that's not about you this time, because I've never seen you in my past discussions anywhere.

Isn't here only a simple saying? About music? It's not a school, university and complicated coversation, I use just some of various translations, come from UK or US dialects.

I understand and completely agree, that I have a very unique way of expressing what I think, but what's more...

Let's hope we all can speak two or more languages including english, not only perfect and extended english on forum... ;)

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm very sorry of the sound of my words, but sometimes I feel more and more, that this forum is slowly changing to totally not serious place. People, which listen Eurobeat maybe longer than me live in their own world, because they just like such world, or because they like Eurobeat so much and want to keep that genre so attractive, even it won't never be again.

Eurobeat artists have never been crazy celebrities doing scandals and having no real lifes away of the publicity. They all had the moments of glory, but that wasn't never like in Pop music.

Let's wake up in 2016. They are older, eat, have families, friends, free time and privacy, normal life, and especially after so many years they surely need a break, limit what they were doing in the past. And we clearly can see this trend.

Nobody spends the time in studio for unprofitable music, just because they were doing this 20 years or because several fans want it here, or want to believe in that. This is logical, they had to change their lifes and take a step back of Eurobeat like never before.

If I would be wrong, we would see a lot of old and new projects, new songs, anything. Nobody of the former and current artists spends the time in studio writing Eurobeat tracks all day and night, which we have never seen yet, which have never been released. I'm telling about these of them, which are really on SEB yet, not once per few volumes or were 2, 3 years ago with a one production.

Eurobeat isn't the same previous genre on also not the same japanese music market. Fans aren't the same generation of 90s and such what they were in early 2000s, in 2005 and before 2010.

Musicians deserve for respect because what they have already done and gained, not as long as they will do something and it's my point. Eurobeat will be alive thanks to us and those of songs already written.

On 7th May 2016 was really I think the last big occasion to feel the origins of Eurobeat in Italy and meet the unique crew of these labels we like, face to face. About this event people knew since February 2015 ! Money, money, money, it's natural, that somebody hasn't enough to international tours, but "someone" means a few persons...

I was shocked, that my 10 fingers were enough to count all fans, which recognized or only took a photo with Eurobeat team.

So I wonder what for to discuss about anything, what artists do or can do for us yet, if almost noone doesn't do anything for them.
Last edited by Crockett on 19 May 2016, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 19 May 2016, 23:36

xiao wrote:I know guys like Stefano & Sinclaire as studio owners, have waaay more projects than just eurobeat. I'm pretty sure they do Italo Rock, musicals, TV shows, commercials, and even movies too.
Completely agree. If someone of them is still more active, has really big studio and earns money in musical business, that can't be Eurobeat anymore. Avex Trax exclusive series means now being poor and die of hunger, saying drastic... Passion can be continued as long as it's profitable or if they have more kind of revenues.

Classical Italo Disco artists, which have never left the european market are the same legends like some of Eurobeat artists, but they don't have any problems to back on the scene, became again popular and don't need to worry who will buy their current productions.

I heard about people, which were coming to Italy for new records in the past. Today unimaginable. We have air mails, couriers, a lot of options, but probably many of modern fans would kill that music, the physical side creates everything around the sound, because they prefer to download a file, something, what really doesn't exist. A dust you will have on the surface and on a plastic/paper case of a record, an order, which must be keep in collection, place for all, these things don't disturb Italo Disco fans or generation, which have had in their life only vinyls and CDs before.

The overall situation is still going down, we must accept that and don't cheat each other on forum or on Facebook, when one artist shares his picture at the studio.
Last edited by Crockett on 20 May 2016, 23:01, edited 2 times in total.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 20 May 2016, 11:12

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 20 May 2016, 15:15

Ok, so what is really going on now?

It's true, that currently only internet is the source of promotion. But is hard to say, that profitable in the promotion are old links, old photos, some single posts once for a while, added by fan pages.

Artists have never dealt with the promotion.

What also was mentioned at I Venti D'Azzurro 30 party, only secretaries and persons responsible for marketing cooperated with I Venti D'Azzurro fan club and Beat Freak magazine. DJs, speakers in radio stations, they used what they took from the studio offices or the main publisher like Avex Trax.

This would be a terrible waste of money, no logical sense since a couple years or more, if the owners or producers would hire a person just for the Eurobeat niche, to promote 2, 3 tracks regularly or rarely. 2 - 3 tracks, which even haven't the art cover, nothing to introduce...

I saw, that Avex Trax released on iTunes these really old and rare volumes of SEB. These CDs were my target a long time ago and I got them finally. SEB, Maharaja Night Hi-NRG Revolution from 1990 to 1994 aren't for me anymore something unique already. I have these CDs and it's my second part of the soul :)

Let's believe, that another fans, which love and remember the old-school period will buy these tracks, because get a CD version of those very first volumes means to spend hundreds $ all together... For me that was worthwhile, but this time I would like to praise Avex Trax. If you don't have such a lot of money, you can get legally digital songs, many which have never appeared later in the mixes, Early Days Of SEB series etc.

Only pity, that it's a next step to kill Maharaja Night series.

Everybody, who listened first time a lot of top hits by A.Beat-C. and Time productions on YouTube, in the mixes, found them on re-editions, bonus CDs after years, can't stay in thinking, that's all SEB or music unreleased previously. This is Maharaja Night, fully fledged parallel series to SEB and a regular part of the discographies by A.Beat-C. and Time, to not get bored fans in 90s.

Maybe Avex Trax just will do something with the more forgotten Eurobeat for its enthusiasts in the future. That's all what we have and about which can speak BEHIND THE SCENES.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 20 May 2016, 20:28

I find a few things wrong with your thinking, Crockett...

1. The forum is slowly changing to be less serious...How so, man? I've been on this forum since like 2004 or 2005 and other than a change of members, the feel is still much the same. It's a place for people to discuss eurobeat...it's always been a fun place to discuss (besides a few dramatic moments over the decade. Haha).

2. We know you're a fan of italo disco and super old eurobeat. And that's great, but you seem to try and push this idea that modern eurobeat is somehow less than your own personal tastes. I get tired of people discussing "how dare the producers try something different...this doesn't sound like eurobeat...trance? pop? EDM? in our music?! FUCCCCCCK!" That argument is cyclical. You always seem to try and deride someone else's opinions when it comes to modern eurobeat. And that's quite the pain, dude.

If you want to discuss your italo disco stuff, we got threads for that. Or, I'm sure there are forums for that, but don't come in and bitch about stuff just because you think it's somehow awful.

3. The party most likely wasn't attended well by a lot of fans is that, I'd say, a good majority of eurobeat fans are outside of Europe (e.g. North America, South America, and Asia). I would have loved to attend such a party, but it's hard to do things like that when you're more than a continent away.

4. I'm still very hopeful for the future of eurobeat (as are many others!) and look forward to seeing what the studios produce even though it is not as profitable as it once was.

5. And lastly, I'm going to come out and say it. I totally understand that English is not your first language. Kudos for using English on the forums, but the broken English in your posts do come off as incoherent and sometimes I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. I think other people have this same problem. Maybe try to make your ideas a little more concise so we have a good understanding what you're trying to talk about.

P.S.: I've been sitting on this reply for quite awhile and trying to figure out to respond to you, Crockett. As a long time listener and forum member, I really adore this forum and the community who listens to eurobeat. I feel like you're always going to battle popular opinion no matter what.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 20 May 2016, 20:49

^ ^ ^ *snap* *snap* *snap*

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 20 May 2016, 21:35

para_rigby wrote:I find a few things wrong with your thinking, Crockett...

1. The forum is slowly changing to be less serious...

2. We know you're a fan of italo disco and super old eurobeat. And that's great, but you seem to try and push this idea that modern eurobeat is somehow less than your own personal tastes.

3. The party most likely wasn't attended well by a lot of fans is that, I'd say, a good majority of eurobeat fans are outside of Europe

4. I'm still very hopeful for the future of eurobeat (as are many others!) and look forward to seeing what the studios produce even though it is not as profitable as it once was.

5. but the broken English in your posts do come off as incoherent and sometimes I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. I think other people have this same problem.

Pity, that you decided to answer after I finished the more negative side of the discussion. I hoped nobody won't start any arguing, like it looks more in your post, not my.

1. In my subjective opinion this is here sometimes less or more serious as I read children or teenagers. I'm here since 2014, but I browsed very deeply the old topics...... That's all, what I would like to say about this point.

2. Where is about comparing old and modern Eurobeat, the tastes of fans? The topic and my posts were about a bit different things, than pure music.

3. Ok, and even 1 person very interested on-line, living in USA, Asia, couldn't plan over 1 year before such a one for a life trip. I can't enforce. But if I would be an artist I would say "I have no fans anywhere". I understand and maybe better for all of these, which live thousands kilometers from Italy, because reading some of posts and questions above I feel, that you're really stuck in the old Eurobeat era, not me. I listen mostly older Eurobeat, but I know we are in 2016, and I can imagine what is going on around me, and on the music market.

4. The same like in the previous point. I'm happy, that you have the passion of Eurobeat music even today, because we need music, nothing more, right? But don't expect and stop thinking, that people, artists, 40-50 years old are no-lifes, have nothing better to do, don't eat and sleep, only compose for you something, which isn't worth to spend money, their time, as much, as it was in the past. You learned something from booklets, some names, some details or read them on this page, informations written 10, 5, 3 years ago. And you still think this is actual and all fans, artists care of Eurobeat 24/24 hours. Yes, you can like and wait for news, but we all delayed many years to have big requirements.

5. I would like, that you have better opinion, but honestly I totally don't care, that's for you "broken english". What I should repeat? Why you have a big problem to show a one incorrect, incoherent sentence, so hard to read by a pure american man? I have no problems with other persons I speak many hours, even already live when I'm abroad, so I'm still thinking this is just provocation. In turn, I have big problem to read english without simple words, but only kind of shortcuts and weird for me connections of words "on in of up" from the start to the end of sentence.

I won't change anything in your minds, especially if you call my english broken or just don't want to read my comments. You may be excited or even get an heart attack of seeing self-photos from the Eurobeat studios on Facebook, and because of it stay in the opinion, that's a world full of ideas and musicians, which till their death will produce this genre. But you will see only a short moment, not the rest.
Last edited by Crockett on 21 May 2016, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 20 May 2016, 22:20

I noticed, catched on Eurobeat Prime forum such situation at least two times, when I read opinions about new SEB. What I'm talking about? Someone tried to show what he knows, but he really hadn't SEB on the hand! I realized that, when I asked my friend to check this information in the booklet.

Sun Fire exists over 5 years, but some fans here still wanted to ask about that label Dave Rodgers, like they started listen to Eurobeat 1 week ago.

Another questions about (ex)artists, which disappeared from the Eurobeat scene long time ago or have epizodes yet, must surprise even a fan of old-school Eurobeat ! Fans, which more follow new Eurobeat than me, write or ask here about things, like they are completely on the other planet.

Otherwise maybe I wouldn't say, that this place is getting to be not serious.
Last edited by Crockett on 21 May 2016, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 20 May 2016, 23:42

You don't like me as a person, my truly specific behavior here on-line, my language to express my opinions, that I'm so serious, emphatic, because I'm just different. I prefer different things, features in music and I don't hide it. I like to talk with anyone, I love my favorite labels and artists and only them, but I pay attention and care about something more in the world of my musical passion, than a next song and fun on the forum, when is no new music.

I don't want to join to the mutual admiration circle of fans, which have different look at Eurobeat and don't like, that I'm so frank. I don't want to argue and look for disagreement with anybody to feel a pleasure.

I should be less active in a place, where is more about modern type of Eurobeat. But I can't sometimes, seeing what people write and what kind of "fun" have(had) here. SORRY !

Many types of italian music are(were) famous because of thier unique style around the world. I'm from Europe and I have this privilege, to stay here and care of my favorite italian style of Eurobeat. I like that multicultural Eurobeat, but I don't enjoy ParaPara, lessons (?) of dance, movements invented by japanese culture, which took the former italian music to make totally different genre during the years. So I'm skeptical after my favorite label gone. I enjoy Eurobeat after 2000, but more limited, in turn today in I don't enjoy the most of Eurobeat.

I have requirements to the melody, BPM, features which gone and aren't relevant in Japan nowadays and for ParaPara. Younger, any people which are so excited aggressive and fast BPM without pleasant melodies, would never heard about Eurobeat in such weird countries like USA, if it wouldn't change so much.

So please stop this discussion, arguing with me, but first of all stop writing these craps or create untrue informations about the artists like in the past.
Last edited by Crockett on 21 May 2016, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 May 2016, 00:01

para_rigby wrote:I find a few things wrong with your thinking, Crockett...

1. The forum is slowly changing to be less serious...How so, man? I've been on this forum since like 2004 or 2005 and other than a change of members, the feel is still much the same. It's a place for people to discuss eurobeat...it's always been a fun place to discuss (besides a few dramatic moments over the decade. Haha).

2. We know you're a fan of italo disco and super old eurobeat. And that's great, but you seem to try and push this idea that modern eurobeat is somehow less than your own personal tastes. I get tired of people discussing "how dare the producers try something different...this doesn't sound like eurobeat...trance? pop? EDM? in our music?! FUCCCCCCK!" That argument is cyclical. You always seem to try and deride someone else's opinions when it comes to modern eurobeat. And that's quite the pain, dude.

If you want to discuss your italo disco stuff, we got threads for that. Or, I'm sure there are forums for that, but don't come in and bitch about stuff just because you think it's somehow awful.

3. The party most likely wasn't attended well by a lot of fans is that, I'd say, a good majority of eurobeat fans are outside of Europe (e.g. North America, South America, and Asia). I would have loved to attend such a party, but it's hard to do things like that when you're more than a continent away.

QFT. *clap clap clap clap* Well, said.

Like, seriously. I joined the Eurobeat gang officially in 2006. It's been 10 years already. And I'm as big as a euro fan than I was then. SEB 238 = Love. Looking forward to SEB 239! And beyond!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 21 May 2016, 05:33

para_rigby wrote:...
Yeah, pretty much this. Modern eurobeat still has it's charms. I would love to go to an event to meet the producers too but considering I'm in Asia, yeah, not very likely to happen very often. Also, yeah, I still don't understand what Crockett is trying to say with the wall of text he made after you replied and he's apparently okay with it, just going to skim through it as usual I guess.
Last edited by WNight on 21 May 2016, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania