Galaxian Recordings is Back! With a new song ;)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 14 Jun 2016, 18:06

Don't worry, I wasn't too confused. Sure there was a lot of different arguments all over the place in this thread regarding elements of mixing, marketing and other people's musical tastes.

Regardless of that though, I did get that your main point was about the vocalist's performance, Mindsweeper. 8)

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 16 Jun 2016, 18:36

Mindsweeper wrote:Your posts came off as being about musical taste. Re-read them and see if you can figure out why, I don't feel like breaking that down right now. I'm on your side more or less anyway.
Some may seem so, yes, but not the one you quoted. I thought your post was only about that. I know we are almost thinking the same otherwise from your answer to eXtaticus.

Sadly nowadays most people tend to think that good sounding vocals are just a matter of recording and mixing technique. Sorry to say that, eXtaticus, but I can't listen to that song you posted because the vocals are awfully annoying for me instead of “great-sounding”. It's mixed well, yes, absolutely flawless, but there is now expression in the vocals. The song is nice otherwise but these heavy auto-tune vocals ruin it completely for me, sorry. ^^"
I would love to show how to do better, but I'm far from making anything that I'd call “great-sounding”. But I'd say S3RL for example does a great job with auto-tuned vocals that sound very well, not only in terms of mixing.

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 16 Jun 2016, 19:10

Personally I thought eXtaticus sounded almost as good as S3RL, speaking of that. Would love to hear more of what eXtaticus has in store for us, wish he kept his older tracks though. :(