New song! With doubling technique!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

New song! With doubling technique!

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 27 May 2016, 14:20

For this new song, I tried using the playback/doubling technique that's typically used in eurobeat songs. The vocals here are combined from multiple takes, although a few parts only had one take so I kinda had to cheat it a little bit but I think I was still able to make it blend!

Anyways here's "Supersonic Drift" featuring Renchi Pegasasu on vocals, and yes... I was inspired by the one and only Initial D to create this. :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFp1rWEkbMM

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 May 2016, 16:40

OK, you used a new vocal production method but... it doesn't fix the fact for terrible vocals with terrible effects. If it wasn't for that, you have a great song.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Re: New song! With doubling technique!

Post by para_rigby » 27 May 2016, 17:03

Galaxian Recordings wrote:For this new song, I tried using the playback/doubling technique that's typically used in eurobeat songs. The vocals here are combined from multiple takes, although a few parts only had one take so I kinda had to cheat it a little bit but I think I was still able to make it blend!

Anyways here's "Supersonic Drift" featuring Renchi Pegasasu on vocals, and yes... I was inspired by the one and only Initial D to create this. :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFp1rWEkbMM
The vocals sound submerged. Idk if that was intentional or not, but I'm not a huge fan of it. I do like the music, but the vocals aren't doing it for me.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 27 May 2016, 17:04

you should try other way to sing! better with less processing, try to sing loud and strong!
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 27 May 2016, 20:08

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 28 May 2016, 03:55

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 May 2016, 04:52

It doesn't sound like your vocals are all that bad. You probably had too many layers and too far apart. They actually sound like something Bobby-O tried a few years back with Robotik vocals. The riff is awesome. Very HRG Attack. and I also like the 80's Hi Energy Italo melody. I think it needs more diversity between the verses and chorus. The chorus should be the hook, but it stays in same tempo as the rest of the song, when it should be the part that stands out. Other than that; the song sounds pretty solid.

On a final note;
Don't take a page from SCP and try to shorten your song to SEB edit legnth. The song clearly needs about a minute and a half more to really make an impact. The hell with it. make it an extended version.:wink:

I would probably just shorten down the artist name to a something that fits the racing theme title.

Supersonic Drift - Pegasus Team

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 28 May 2016, 07:14

I'm glad you all seemed to enjoy it! I was surprised to find out that I got over 50 views in less than a day, especially considering I was at my first day of an anime convention called Anime North today after I released my song! :D I guess you could say I over-produced Renchi a little bit, which I can fix for the release of Volume 1 for sure! 8) I guess listening back to it I realized some of the echoing was a little bit harsh...surprised this wasn't mentioned. o.o lol
xiao wrote:Also... work on the name; people hate pronouncing/typing long names that sound like a Lisa Frank book. I'd shorten the name to just Ryuko or Ryuk, & Renchi to Wrench or Rench... something suited to the Japanese kids's palates. The illustrations need lots of work too - they're charming but... if you can't score a decent illustrator just use a random anime pic, or take a good photo with a DSLR like Sugano does for his covers.
Ryuk, you mean like that shinigami creature from Death Note that appears when Light writes the names on the book?! That's funny actually because tomorrow I'm going to be cosplaying as L at the convention! And I'll admit... I kinda rushed the artwork this time because I wanted to get the song out before I went to the convention. ;) Others than that, I've been practicing a lot of anime wallpapers with OCs using Adobe Flash and Adobe Illustrator so it's a work in progress. That reminds me, I gotta stop being lazy on DeviantART and GET POSTING!! o.o
drnrg wrote:I would probably just shorten down the artist name to a something that fits the racing theme title.

Supersonic Drift - Pegasus Team
Oh my goodness, that's a good one. I should try using Pegasasu Team for sure! Only thing is there are two other Pegasasus that will appear on my second album (songs from Vol. 2 will start being posted from late June and on). Giggles and Goku Pegasasu will be making their debut. Maybe for Pegasasu Team, I can do a song with Renchi, Giggles and Goku doing vocals while I can maybe do some raps. lol.

Oh, and by the way...those 3-4 minute versions I upload, they're just radio-edit shortened versions. I use this as a strategy to get people looking forward to my album which indeed will have extended versions that are 5-7 minutes long just like regular Super Eurobeat, Eurobeat Flash, Hi-BPM Para Para Eurobeat, Maharaja Night, etc. ;) Also it helps me get my songs possibly being on radio. Speaking of that, a DJ at the local dance I go to played "Not Like The Others" and we all jammed out :3

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 28 May 2016, 14:37

🪐

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 28 May 2016, 14:41

LOL xD And yes, mwahahaha...well actually I get to prove Light Yagami that the Death Note is mine after all. :P And awesome, sounds like a good idea for sure! I can definitely take this into consideration!

And thank you so much, I am having a lot of fun at Anime North and I've been cosplaying there for three years! I was doing autographs for Galaxian Recordings yesterday even!

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 28 May 2016, 14:51

🪐

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 28 May 2016, 14:55

Mwa ha ha ha ha xD Nah I wouldn't though, you're too awesome xiao. :D

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 29 May 2016, 06:15

🪐

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 30 May 2016, 03:40

AWEEESOMENEEESSSS DUUUUUDE!!!!!

Hehe, and lol maybe I can do a hyper-techno remix of that track! Should it be a bonus track for Volume 1 maybe? :3

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 30 May 2016, 09:26

ah ...hyper techno...i never know it as a genre until i discover "Jame Brown is Dead"

after that,most hyper techno stuff i hear are "Jame Brown is Dead" influence but speed up tempo,even with guitar! :D
soundcloud.com/hainam-1