Super Eurobeat 240

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 25 Aug 2016, 22:07

Tiger wrote:"Very Best Of Eurobeat Fantastic"... Even I have never heard of that CD before. Songlist looks okay though...

If they did an interview about people who had the biggest file collections, that would be more interesting :P

Also, it's more about what you know about Eurobeat than what you have in my opinion. Anyone can buy Eurobeat without much work, but it takes a long time to learn about Eurobeat.
One of the smartest sentence I ever read.

The next step having any CDs is to discover who is hidden in the credits and how much we can learn about him from this small source - name or alias. I won't repeat what I said million times, anyhow the room of current king of SEB Master is the proof of very interesting, amazing Eurobeat world during the 30 years of Eurobeat term existence, but all the rest stuffs being the solid source of knowledge - unfortunately stayed in Japan as well.

Very Best Of Eurobeat Fantastic is on my wantlist. Who hasn't searched, hasn't found it. The beginning of Avex Trax is strongly associated with the each forgotten compilation and album they released in 1990, 1991 and 1992. So of course SEB.

I'm not surprise, that DJ Boss requested for the picture of that CD, although this man could take the photo on his own.

A few simple conclusions and we can see, that Avex had own or additional artists and projects in mentioned years to support A.Beat-C. before Time joined - back to Very Best Of Eurobeat Fantastic and early SEB.

I'm sure, in Avex work until today people, who will never let forget these details and history.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 29 Aug 2016, 15:48

The surface with printings is rugged, not smooth like on some Avex Trax CDs from 90's. The number 240 on the front side is shining.

Well, the release itself is still the best in the world.

Unfortunately in the booklet you won't find nothing else except DJ Boss story.

About SEB Master I can truly say - FRAUD. Because they organized fantastic contest, SEB director personally promised something else. Anybody can quote his e-mails.

Eurobeat collections will be published in the booklet and on the Avex Trax web site.

It puts into question their future initiatives and reliability. Asians are known from honesty and life rules. But not here.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 29 Aug 2016, 19:36

Lebon14 wrote:That collector is not even collecting the OBIs for each of his CDs that came with one. I don't call that a real collector.
[...]
So for those outside of Japan that sent their collection in, don't expect to have an article about yours because they need to visit you. And, that kinda throws the DVD out of the door unfortunately since they are going to write articles about it.
Wowowow. This guy has got a huge Eurobeat collection which maybe is the biggest out there. Do make missing obi strips make him not a real collector? I don't think so.
I define a collector as someone who has an (overdimensional?) passion about collecting stuff. That can be anything. Staying at CDs, a collector is collecting music, not packages. Of course, it's nice to have those extras and I don't throw them away as well but they are not neccessary. I started collecting six years ago and I only need five more SEBs to have 181-current SEB as physical copies. While these were relativley easy to get (with some exceptions), it's getting harder to find copies to collect. This means you need to buy used CDs (or you want to pay 1,500 Euros for a single SEB on Amazon) and you never know if there's an obi in it or not. I recently bought five SEBs at once, three of them in used condition. Two of the used ones already arrived and only one had an obi. Does that make me an unreal collector? No. It's my passion to have those colorful plastic cases hanging on my wall and knowing they are originals. In the end, it's the beautiful look which satisfies a collector.
However, I don't want to say those extras are just throw-aways, I even pulled off the stickers and sticked them on a little shelf door I even took out when I moved out. But those extras doesn't make a good collector. It's the passion itself which makes you one.

I think nobody would have expected avex to fly by and interview us. But we're living in 2016, Skype, Telegram, WhatsApp, Facebook, e-mail - there are plenty of possible ways to have an interview. Someone could just send photos and answer a few questions. It's a shame we weren't printed on the booklet but online interviews aren't impossible.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 29 Aug 2016, 20:22

Crockett wrote:Image

The surface with printings is rugged, not smooth like on some Avex Trax CDs from 90's. The number 240 on the front side is shining.

Well, the release itself is still the best in the world.

Unfortunately in the booklet you won't find nothing else except DJ Boss story.

About SEB Master I can truly say - FRAUD. Because they organized fantastic contest, SEB director personally promised something else. Anybody can quote his e-mails.

Eurobeat collections will be published in the booklet and on the Avex Trax web site.

It puts into question their future initiatives and reliability. Asians are known from honesty and life rules. But not here.
Well, How is it???? Good transitions? Are the tracks sped up any? Any of those glitch/grinding sound effects?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Aug 2016, 07:18

KiraTM wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:That collector is not even collecting the OBIs for each of his CDs that came with one. I don't call that a real collector.
[...]
So for those outside of Japan that sent their collection in, don't expect to have an article about yours because they need to visit you. And, that kinda throws the DVD out of the door unfortunately since they are going to write articles about it.
Wowowow. This guy has got a huge Eurobeat collection which maybe is the biggest out there. Do make missing obi strips make him not a real collector? I don't think so.
I define a collector as someone who has an (overdimensional?) passion about collecting stuff.
I attest to being one of those Overdimensional collectors of Vinyl. Which means I'll cross over to other dimensions to aquire vinyl. :D

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 30 Aug 2016, 19:46

My CDs should be here tomorrow. I hope. At least by the end of the week. :\
You don't believe that I ordered it? Hmm, ok:
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 30 Aug 2016, 20:18

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 30 Aug 2016, 21:04

xiao wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:You don't believe that I ordered it?
~ I don't believe that you bought Hubo Bosss' Cool It single either... Image ☆
Of course you wouldn't. I didn't even the song title in the first place. So how the fuck would I say "I bought this" if I didn't know about it?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 30 Aug 2016, 23:20

Lebon14 wrote:
xiao wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:You don't believe that I ordered it?
~ I don't believe that you bought Hubo Bosss' Cool It single either... Image ☆
Of course you wouldn't. I didn't even the song title in the first place. So how the fuck would I say "I bought this" if I didn't know about it?
Cool it down, you two. No need for language or trying to incite one another. Don't let this be a carry over from IDW!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 30 Aug 2016, 23:22

para_rigby wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:
xiao wrote: ~ I don't believe that you bought Hubo Bosss' Cool It single either... Image ☆
Cool it down, you two. No need for language or trying to incite one another. Don't let this be a carry over from IDW!

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 30 Aug 2016, 23:34

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 31 Aug 2016, 12:55

para_rigby wrote:Cool it down, you two. No need for language or trying to incite one another. Don't let this be a carry over from IDW!
Heh. You don't know xiao well enough. He won't grudge over anything. Anyway, it wasn't meant to be violent or anything. Just use emphasis.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 04 Sep 2016, 12:08

I like how the Y&Co. album is conveniently placed frontwards.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Sep 2016, 05:00

I think I'll leave some impressions.

The mixes are pretty darn good. Better than the couple last ones DJ Boss made, that's for sure. To answer, Bonker's questions...
1. Yes, there are grinding noise, glitching and repeating. Although the quantity dwindle throughout the mix.
2. No, the songs aren't sped up.

As for the EDM remixes. I never liked yesterday, so I don't like that Electro House rendition of it. As for Night Of Fire's remix, it's OK. It's remixed in JTrance style, fyi. the only vocals are the chorus like twice and bridge once. Heh.

Song selection is amazing.

Overall, 8/10.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 Sep 2016, 19:44

Lebon14 wrote:I think I'll leave some impressions.

The mixes are pretty darn good. Better than the couple last ones DJ Boss made, that's for sure. To answer, Bonker's questions...
1. Yes, there are grinding noise, glitching and repeating. Although the quantity dwindle throughout the mix.

Overall, 8/10.
I was pretty satisfied. Honestly, I enjoyed hearing Boss branch out into different effects instead of just the grinding noise. Hopefully, we'll see this amount of energy put into future non-stops!