Super Eurobeat 241

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
dr.gabriel
Verified Account

Post by dr.gabriel » 22 Oct 2016, 23:19

Lebon14 wrote:
dr.gabriel wrote:what you call .. Digital mp3 files, it is actually a product! And like all products must be sold! I am not salaried by AVEX. Gain if the song sells! Did you understand? I want to do my job and reap the benefits, and do not want to thank those who hurt my income!
Then work for it? Don't expect to just make a song and money to fall from the sky. You know, you could sell your songs on digital platforms... iTunes, Amazon MP3, bandcamp... You could put your song on Youtube and monetize your video along with other streaming services such as Deezer and Spotify. Then work hard to publicize it. If you don't do anything, it'll just continue that way. No money. We're in 2016 not 1987.
Dear Lebon, I write songs for Japan since 1990 and I know very well what the situation is regarding the store! If I wanted to be rich I would not have produced Eurobeat. I like to write for the Japanese, I consider it an honor and a personal pleasure! I do not do it for the money. And I'm not afraid to say what I think, especially if it concerns my way of experiencing music! I make a small summary: I do not produce Eurobeat to get rich but only because I do always ... and are not salaried by anyone !!! I face with courage the market always striving to create better songs. Sorry for my English..

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 22 Oct 2016, 23:30

I'm one who believes that free sharing as soon as a song is released can be hurtful.

At least wait a while before posting it online.

I understand the point some people make in that free uploads can help create free advertising which can definitely help those people who never heard of eurobeat before, but I believe that these people who never heard of eurobeat before are most likely being exposed to older released material through many venues such as YT or other sharing sites, and don't need to be necessarily exposed to the absolute newest album in order to get a feel of the genre.

If these new comers decide to be serious enough to enjoy the genre, they can decide to purchase the newer releases and support the artists after hearing some of the older stuff already released. I understand that EB isn't a huge money making business anymore, but still, for the respect of the artists and their wishes.

Until I hear every EB artist say they are 100% ok with sharing for free their absolute newest material, I will conclude that they are not ok with it.

As Dr. Gabriel said, it is a product. He does not get a salary from Avex, but he only gets paid if the song sells. So every time you don't pay for the song, you are taking money he could have earned.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 23 Oct 2016, 12:16

dr.gabriel wrote:If I wanted to be rich I would not have produced Eurobeat. I like to write for the Japanese, I consider it an honor and a personal pleasure! I do not do it for the money.
Fot these, which read between the lines, Roberto cares of money only for:
Crockett wrote:(...)costs of paying reward the rest of collaborators(...)

Crockett wrote:(...)artists would have never bought studio devices or paid electricity. (...)

NOT FOR A NEW CAR !

He risks each time, whether he will get anything for himself.

Let's treat ourselves serious, if you're participating in this discussion, you all should read carefully all posts and understand immediately.

If a song doesn't sell, artist will be patient and will try do better, but if a song sold just because was free downloaded that's difference.

Who can't understand, enjoy Eurobeat privately, but don't offend the inteligence of artists. It's about honor and ethics. NOT TO BE RICH.

This world is coming to nowhere, if we can read such posts like yesterday. Fans born in the mid or in the end of 80's are considered as some kind authorities, but the Eurobeat producers forerunners have no respect. Anthony McBazooka admitted, he has negative balance in account or zero profits, but even that he couldn't understand Roberto, being live proof of poor situation in the genre. And he is also more respected among many fans as thought.

Thanks to passion, but money as well you have still Eurobeat.

Have a nice sunday with Eurobeat !

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 23 Oct 2016, 17:00

Tracks I'm most excited to hear:

I'm Dynamite
Night Rider
Burning In The Rain
Bang My Heart
Street Fire
Love Peace and Gun
Queen of Broken of Heart
I Love You From My Soul
I'm Back
Face Down
Fallen Angel

Tracks I hope are surprises when I hear them:
L.O.V.E.
Come Alive
Let's Dance
Stallion

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 23 Oct 2016, 17:56

This was such a great album! Definitely worth the purchase. Especially Mari, Rich Hard and Cindy tracks are spectacular. Dima's L.O.V.E.is also really great.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 23 Oct 2016, 18:09

Bore wrote:Dima's L.O.V.E.is also really great.
I still have to wait for my copy and imagine Dima's song like the one by E-Rotic: "L.O.V.E. - give me some sex on the beach!" :D

djtt
Euro To B

Post by djtt » 23 Oct 2016, 21:47

I can confirm that it looks like all the seb 241 tracks are gone from youtube. And one of the tracks was never uploaded and that was the Dima track.
I managed to hear that Roberta track Burning in the rain, I Think it's going to be in my eurobeat favorites list, maybe a contender for best of 2016, maybe I should make my own best of 2016 megamix?

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 24 Oct 2016, 04:28

It'll be up on YT again soon (minus Dima Music) hahaha.
I got surprised for liking Mega Nrg Man's track, it sure is great to have him back. Also loved Roberta's "Burning In The Rain". HRG with another vocalist was so fresh. "I Love You From My Soul" is something… I have mixed feelings about it haha (as well about Dima's track). Obviously, my favorite was "Let's Dance" and, damn, I look sooooo foward to have more of Coraini in the future :!:

djtt
Euro To B

Post by djtt » 24 Oct 2016, 13:14

I like the mega nrg track as well, the riff is different and stands out for me.
Also does hrg have a new vocalist in the new track? I Heard some bits of it but didn't notice the female singer sounding any different than normal.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 24 Oct 2016, 13:20

dr.gabriel wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:
dr.gabriel wrote:what you call .. Digital mp3 files, it is actually a product! And like all products must be sold! I am not salaried by AVEX. Gain if the song sells! Did you understand? I want to do my job and reap the benefits, and do not want to thank those who hurt my income!
Then work for it? Don't expect to just make a song and money to fall from the sky. You know, you could sell your songs on digital platforms... iTunes, Amazon MP3, bandcamp... You could put your song on Youtube and monetize your video along with other streaming services such as Deezer and Spotify. Then work hard to publicize it. If you don't do anything, it'll just continue that way. No money. We're in 2016 not 1987.
Dear Lebon, I write songs for Japan since 1990 and I know very well what the situation is regarding the store! If I wanted to be rich I would not have produced Eurobeat. I like to write for the Japanese, I consider it an honor and a personal pleasure! I do not do it for the money. And I'm not afraid to say what I think, especially if it concerns my way of experiencing music! I make a small summary: I do not produce Eurobeat to get rich but only because I do always ... and are not salaried by anyone !!! I face with courage the market always striving to create better songs. Sorry for my English..
So what's your problem then? On the one hand you say, you don't do it for money, on the other hand, you're angry if someone listens to your songs for free? How can you be sure it's even a loss? How can you know if someone would have bought it anyway? What about the poor? Don't they have a right to listen to great music too?

And Lebon is right, no one gives a damn about marketing, just complaining everywhere. But it's not enough to create great music if you want to be heard, you have to take care about your stuff getting spread. You can't just lay back and wait. But that's what most Eurobeat producers do. I would also like to see that things were easier for artists. Personally I HATE marketing. I don't want to do that. I want to play a song and get heard by everyone without effort, because all that other stuff is killing creativity. But still I have to face the facts of a capitalist market, no matter if I like it or not. And either I will do the necessary work or not but I won't EVER blame those who share the same love for Eurobeat if it doesn't work out right for me. I blame the shitty companies and casting crap shows who obviously hate music and arts. Those are the ones who are killing our craft, not downloaders. If you have anger, go to those bastards with it, not to me or others who love your music.

@ Crockett

Without YouTube and other platforms like that, no one would even know that I exist musically (apart from a few personal friends). There would be no existing possibility to spread Eurobeat to the world if these platforms didn't exist.
The crucial thing is: I control everything because I make the decision to spread my music online. And people do respect that. My songs and albums aren't being uploaded by anyone else without permission. Did I sell much because of that? No, not really, only a few copies. Would I sell more, if I didn't do it like that? No, probably even less.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 24 Oct 2016, 14:36

Anthony McBazooka wrote:So what's your problem then? On the one hand you say, you don't do it for money, on the other hand, you're angry if someone listens to your songs for free?
You, among others, ignore the real problem. It is up to the intellectual property owner how and where the songs are published. The IP owner may choose in what region their songs can be bought (whether you like it or not). It is certainly not up to you to take decisions with respect to something that isn't your IP. You disrespect those decisions. If the IP owner wanted to give the songs away for free in some region or everywhere, they would do it. But they don't want that, so the songs are not available for free. Copying those songs without paying for them is plain theft of intellectual property. If Dr Gabriel says he doesn't do it for the money, then it still is not a permit to steal his IP.
Anthony McBazooka wrote:How can you be sure it's even a loss? How can you know if someone would have bought it anyway? What about the poor? Don't they have a right to listen to great music too?
That really is a lame excuse. It is about IP, not about whether someone would have bought the song anyway. You don't want to pay? No song for you. It is as simple as that. Not the other way round. It is the IP owner's decision. You could just respect that decision and either buy the song or don't listen to it.
And Lebon is right, no one gives a damn about marketing, just complaining everywhere. But it's not enough to create great music if you want to be heard, you have to take care about your stuff getting spread. You can't just lay back and wait. But that's what most Eurobeat producers do.
Then it's their choice. Another lame excuse for justifying theft.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 24 Oct 2016, 17:29

Eurobeat since late 80’s was foreign, unknown or disliked each year more counting from 1990. Except Japan – THE PRIME AND THE ONE AND ONLY MARKET SINCE ALWAYS, where fans without Facebook, artists promotion, their official or my unofficial fan page supporting by artists, will buy next copy going to work or school.

Why Avex Trax should after almost 30 years when appeared the Eurobeat term expand the offer being satisfied, doing this symbolically, for respect, having mail order, to markets, where Eurobeat is and was “foreign, unknown or disliked”?

Because of me, you, or perchaps you? LOGICALLY NOT. And that’s why born the idea to defend illegal links forming losses, or blame all around but not these, who make rips? We’re talking about specified electronic genre from specified country, not about purchasing bread, that create suddenly new markets and hyper marketing…

Regret to the artist who just wants to pay AT LEAST the basical costs and FEEL HONORABLE SATISFACTION, that his loyal fans don’t need piracy first to support him by money later.. Or never.

I’m sure, that next uploads of SEB 241 will be deleted faster than the last time.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Oct 2016, 21:18

Again, can we please quit this damn, never-ending discussion on piracy, y'all? Even Bore has asked nicely for us to stop and just talk about the songs on the album.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 24 Oct 2016, 22:39

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Oct 2016, 23:04

xiao wrote:☆ Moving on...

--- --- ---

I think the reason Ace's recent songs have all kind'of been sounding the same or highly self-referential of each other is... ♪

Cause I think SCP's experimenting with new sounds ~ Stefano & Cristian are seeing what they can implement into modern euro from their side projects at Ritmo e Blu. :o

SCP has always been the biggest innovator in the genre... even Bratt's trax (fun as they always are) have been sounding very alike to past albums. SCP, in particular Ace, is trying things more common in other genres like trance. ♫

I sort of wish they'd revive their techno sound ~ Jager afterall said -- " I still listen to Techno " -- in a not so long ago comment online. But regardless of what Ace's next song ends-up sounding like ~ SCP is always at the forefront of pioneering Eurobeat.

So bring-on 242, with new sounds & new fervor. Ace is gonna re-surge like a phoenix that was fighting to dust-off the remnants of his old self ... I also hope to hear some hypertechno-ish sounding euro-trax in the future from the prodigy who wrote Mr. Fang himself ~ Filippo il vero ragazzo duro d'techno !! Image \m/
Ace and Fastway's entries have been sounding a little more repetitive over the past couple of years. I think that's just me and listening to these singers for such a long time. However, this doesn't mean that they're bad singers by any means.

I rather enjoy that SCP is playing around with vocals (e.g. Bamboo Bimbo) and themes (Pamsy doing lighter feeling songs since her return!).