Super Eurobeat 241

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 16 Nov 2016, 23:47

para_rigby wrote:How about we just shut down this damn thread, Bore? I think that's the best thing. People are gonna keep arguing. This thing has gone on for a good month now...
The smartest man !

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 17 Nov 2016, 01:00

para_rigby wrote:How about we just shut down this damn thread, Bore? I think that's the best thing. People are gonna keep arguing. This thing has gone on for a good month now...
Please don't, just ban the troublemaker who just can't let it go. I was about to post my (positive) review of this album. :grin:
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 17 Nov 2016, 02:03

WNight wrote:
Please don't, just ban the troublemaker who just can't let it go. I was about to post my (positive) review of this album. :grin:
Hard to make wishes come true. Idk if anyone has ever been banned in the 11 years I've been here.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 17 Nov 2016, 02:36

para_rigby wrote:
WNight wrote:
Hard to make wishes come true. Idk if anyone has ever been banned in the 11 years I've been here.
Yep. Besides, there are no rules, we can't really complain. This is nothing new, we had many similar issues before and they have passed.

Just ignore. Don't quote, don't interact, don't give any attention, etc.

I'm not a lady, by the way :wink: and I apologize for using foul language early, it won't happen again.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 17 Nov 2016, 02:47

Here's some balloons!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 17 Nov 2016, 02:52

Time to pull the thread back to it's original theme. Overall, a pretty neat album, not the best but certainly not the worst. Still, it's a long way away to 242 so might as well enjoy the heck out of this one (really hating these 4 month breaks in between with no new beats).

I Love You From My Soul / Mari - Hard to believe this song actually has Festari's input in it, probably my least favourite vocalist among well, 90% of the other vocalists out there. This song also has a rather glaring flaw to me in that it suffers from the same thing as the Marika tracks around 6 years ago in that the breaths in between weren't really 'mixed out' of the final track, and once you hear it, it can never be unheard of again. Still, you just got to give the devil it's dues, this is overall a solid song that is very moving and emotionally sung both on a vocal and BGM level, I also like the guitars being thrown into the mix and the extra effective break in the middle, . Nothing much else to say but, overall, a glaring flaw that takes this song down a few notches for me but otherwise, nice track.
Grade : 3.5/5

I'm Back / Mega NRG Man - To be honest, I stopped looking forward to hearing Marin a long ago. The only track I truly enjoyed from his GGM period was 'Red Light & Sex' and that was almost a decade ago as of this writing and only because it carries the seriousness that most of his A-Beat-C days songs sport. Like all his GGM tracks, "I'm Back" isn't a hard hitting, edgy track like his A-Beat-C discography, instead, he's pretty much the old "Bon" of GGM in that he always has to get slapped with all these quirky melodies that just makes me churn. Now, this isn't necessarily a bad song, but there are certain things aside from the above mentioned that just doesn't work. For example, I really dislike that "Flowery synth" that is used in the entire riff, it just does not sound appealing in the least bit and seriously makes me wonder where all the rough riffs he used to be so well known for has gone. Overall a decent track, but god do I miss hearing A-Beat-C Mega NRG Man.
Grade : 3/5

Fallen Angel / Cindy - Heard it way before 241 came out, didn't like it.
Grade : 1/5

Street Fighter / Luke - The best part of this track is actually the introduction, it's such an impressive build up that will certainly get one's blood rushing and ready for an high energy powered track. The song does take a slight dive after that though, because for one, I find the riff to be a little too "simplistic sounding" for such an incredible opening - I mean, consider that it was only 1 album ago we had 'Touchdown', and that was one hell of a catchy track. Fortunately, it doesn't always remain that way because this is still a really aggressive sounding track, the vocal melody is great and one part of the lyrics really stood out to me - basically the entire bridge "You're the owner of your destiny, take the lead, stop complaining now", cliche as it is, it is also rather empowering hearing some of your favourite singers sing that to you instead of someone else telling you. To sum it up : Not necessarily the "catchiest" Delta male track out there, but if you simply need a dose of aggressive Delta style eurobeat, this will fit right up the alley.
Grade : 5/5

Burning In The Rain / Roberta - Me thinks that this is actually one of the better solo female tracks from Sinclaire since 'Tearful Eyes' and the now somewhat more popular 'Prayer', which I think is good because his female tracks tend to get out-shadowed by the male tracks even though I do love Grana's voice. Really pleasing and mystical feeling melody. An instant five-er.

Night Rider / Rich Hard - And then to add on to that momentum of the previous song comes this ultra aggressive yet also sporting the eccentric nature of most Rich Hard tracks. This kind of track is completely right up my alley. Exciting introductions : Check. Aggressive, wild and sinister sounding melody : Check. Soft build up leading into an ultra powerful chorus that will sweep you off your feet in an instant : Check. Effective break that tones down the song but never really losing momentum : Check. Guitars galore : Check (the guitars in here were great to hear!). Fantastic vocals : Well, Rich Hard isn't "DA BEST SINGER" around for sure but he sure did great in this one. Right now, this is definitely one of my top 3 favorite Sun Fire male tracks of all time simply because it has such a great momentum to it. Great job once again, Sun Fire!

Come Alive / Ace & Seastar - Right after that insane aggressiveness, the energy levels take a rather steep dive into SCP duet territory. Usually, I tend to be a little wary of most Ace & (Female) duet because my own statistics show that 90% of them are as boring as staring at a drab wall. Fortunately, the song actually starts off pretty nicely, by delivering some sort of a choir-esque which will also somewhat serve as a recurring background melody of the entire track, which I find pretty impressive since it gives it a nice layer beyond the typically dull backdrop of most Ace duets. The melody is serviceable, not overly aggressive nor overly simple/saccharine and the two vocalists are good. Decent as I find this one, this is still a SCP duet in all and it's theme is usually in stark opposition to what I usually prefer in my eurobeat but for what it's worth, this is one of the better SCP duets I've heard since ... well, I can't even remember when was the last time I liked an SCP duet so yeah, there's that. Decent overall.
Grade : 3.5/5

Love Peace & Gun / Black Eva - Who is singing this track? I'm fairly certain it's not our usual Hi-NRG girl Elizabetta gracing us once again, but then again, I could be wrong. That being said, I consider "Bed Girl" one of Hi-NRG's female classic hall of fame material, this doesn't really measure up. It's decent yes, but ... not as impressive as "Bed Girl". I still really like how Malvicino makes his tracks though.
Grade : 3.75/5

I'm Dynamite / Cherry - Boy is Clara getting really busy as of late. Not that I am complaining because the "Cherry" name is almost guaranteed to be a bonafide hit every time it appears. Just an album ago, we got the highly aggressive and incredibly catchy "Never Again" and two albums ago, the slightly less impressive but still good "Forbidden Love". This and "Never Again" is pretty much why I think Clara's spot as the queen of Aishu (done right) can never be replaced in the eurobeat world, she's just too damn good at this business. Just listening to the gothic sounding introduction of this song alone and I can pretty much tell this is going to be 5 star material. The upside/downside is that this track isn't as powerful or nearly as in your face as "Never Again", which might be good/bad depending on who you are asking, it lacks the punchy introduction and riff, and the vocal parts tend to be slightly leaning towards "delicate aishu" instead of "fierce aishu", but I still love this song. Nothing more I can say here, it's Clara, she's a hit maker, a 5 tune for sure!

Let's Dance / Ken Laszlo - The same thing I could say of most Sun Fire male tracks, except I am not the biggest fan of Corraini's vocals actually. I also think this is not the catchiest Sun Fire male track out there as it just sounds so "tame", or maybe I just got too used to hearing Dave/Rich/Tiranti spoiling us with all those powerful stuff. Not a bad track actually, I enjoyed it but I think this will excite the heavily old school fans more who can appreciate having a familiar name appearing once again on recent SEBs.
Grade : 4/5

L.O.V.E / Dima & Nam - One of my favourite tracks off this album, and I thought nothing can actually top 'Firebird'. Well it still doesn't, but Dima & Nam actually managed to pull off a great duet that isn't the typical sweet saccharine faire but instead an energetic tune filled with excellent instrumentation, great vocals especially from newcomer (?) Nam and lastly, an incredible chorus to boot. Quite the opposite of SCP and just what I like most in an eurobeat duet.

Queen Of Broken Hearts / Pamsy - More like "Queen Of Trancey Eurobeat" perhaps. Well, not really much else to say about this one, if you like emotionally charged trancey eurobeat then this will fit right up your alley. I think this song is fine for Pamsy, but it's hardly her best track out there either.
Grade : 3.75/5

The Stallion / Manuel - Another guy who's been getting really busy lately and again, I am not complaining because this guy usually has alot more hits than misses. What to say of this one then? Well, it carries on the high key flamboyant music production style of his. The downside is that this is all a bit too quirky for my taste, not to say I didn't enjoy it though but I do prefer his serious sounding tunes such as 'Temple Of Desire', which is now in my Top 3 Manuel songs ever. The upside is there's always room to appreciate all the wonderful instrumentation, usually his signature keytars in every single of his track, which is where I feel he really shines through as well. Overall, this is kind of a fun Manuel track, which will certainly hit home with some fans, but on my side, it's not bad but maybe another 'Temple Of Desire' would be great.
Grade : 4/5

Bang My Heart / Megan - Grana is back, and with an almost complete 360 degree turn from her Roberta track earlier. Where 'Burning In The Rain' has somewhat of a serene, almost fairy-like atmosphere to it, this one is pretty much the 'yang' of the former track's 'yin', featuring much heavier sounding production, club friendly and beaty track with an incredibly catchy melody to it. This too, is also one of Sinclaire's best solo female track in my opinion, try resisting not singing along to that crazy catchy chorus.

Face Down / Hotblade - Hate to end the album on a bad note but this is another alias that is somewhat losing steam in my opinion. I don't feel excited for many Hotblade tracks as I used to as many of his tracks just doesn't have the same catchiness as say, 'Plastic' or 'Disconnected'. This one is another one to throw to that pile in my opinion, an aggressive track that still somehow doesn't get me pumped is actually a really bad sign. That being said, I still really like seeing the 'Hotblade' alias but the last track from him I enjoyed was 'Manifold Love' and that wasn't even a great song, so for christ sake SCP, give the guy something exciting AND catchy for us to get hyped about will you?
Grade : 2/5

Top 3 :
Night Rider / Rich Hard
Street Fighter / Luke
L.O.V.E / Dima & Nam

Bottom 3 (Actually 2 since I really like the rest of the album):
Fallen Angel / Cindy
Face Down / Hotblade

HM (s) :
I'm Dynamite / Cherry
Burning In The Rain / Roberta
Bang My Heart / Megan
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 17 Nov 2016, 03:01

Malvicino posted a photo of this "new" vocalist and I believe it's Laura Tartuferi. She worked with them before.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 17 Nov 2016, 03:09

I'm so happy someone else likes Rich Hard's singing and I'm Dynamite!

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 17 Nov 2016, 03:56

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Markos
Eurocurious

Post by Markos » 17 Nov 2016, 04:40

Bonkers wrote:I'm so happy someone else likes Rich Hard's singing and I'm Dynamite!
I also liked Night Rider :grin:

This album is taking a bit of time for me to judge what i feel exactly.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 17 Nov 2016, 06:08

As said, all the discussion further on about filesharing, personal attacks etc. will just get removed.

And while there have never been any 'Rules' per say. I still assume for people to have manners and be able to discuss things without going on full frontal assaults at each other. The forum has been up for such a long time that the guidelines have somewhat made themselves along side the discussions. And yes, there have been bans. Multiple.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Nov 2016, 07:04

Don't lock the thread yet. I still gotta do my review of the disc. :wink:

djtt
Euro To B

Post by djtt » 18 Nov 2016, 15:40

Ace and seastar's Come Alive is a tune I keep coming back to on seb 241, I do like a lot of the slower style eurobeat if it's done correctly, and scp knows how to make that sound good as well.

djtt
Euro To B

Post by djtt » 18 Nov 2016, 15:43

I also like that Delta is switching up the sound a bit, especially that Morris Capaldi has started changing his sound a bit as well.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 18 Nov 2016, 17:44

Agree with both of these.

SCP is so damn versatile, it's pretty impressive: Want some italo-ish low BPM eurobeat? Gotcha. What about fast paced powerful works? Here we go. Some trance or EDM hybrid? No problem.

Delta is a sweetheart and they don't seem afraid to change now and then.