Super Eurobeat 241

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Jul 2016, 02:53

Crockett wrote:
jeurobeat wrote:Well, there is not really much to tell. In parts of Europe, italo disco was somewhat popular. German ZYX records released many songs on vinyl, which could be easily found in regular shops. ZYX also released 'The Best of Italo Disco' CD series, but after vol.13 (early eurobeat) the series changed into italo house style.

Specialized import shops also sold vinyl from the US and many European countries, such as Italy. There one could find the releases on original italian label. However, no information on artists was available, other than what was printed on the record sleeves. It was clear that at some point in time, most of the eurobeat songs were released by Factory Sound Studio in Lugagnano. We only knew that by reading the credits.

However, nobody knew anything. There was no information. There was no internet for ordinary people. At a certain moment in 1990, we thought that it would be the end of Time Records, because over a rather long period, Time released only a handful eurobeat style songs, along with hiphouse and house. In 1994 or 1995, KL Jones was released (I think it was Don't Cry, but it could also be Funny Funny Dance) and that was about it for AbeatC. For months, no AbeatC record was released. One store manager thought the label had stopped, and Time was the only label left. We didn't know what Avex was still releasing 7 AbeatC songs a month on Super Eurobeat!

In the very early 90s, once in a while, I could get hold of very rare ALFA INTERNATIONAL albums or compilations (That's Eurobeat) but these were extremely expensive and hard to get. Later, I think in 1992, I got a Super Eurobeat compilation. The ALFA cds had booklets with photographs and lots of information. But everything was in Japanese. I couldn't read that.

I should say that there actually was one source of information: I Venti d'Azzurro. Their chart sometimes gave some extra info they got from the music creators themselves.
True. That's what I'm talking about. Year by year in early 90's the availability decreased. I base many times on I Venti D'Azzurro, which also had problems and big delayes to get news already in 1994.

In Japan it was easy and all materials, interviews, photos stayed there rather for ever. For addition no one of us can't translate japanese. But being focused on searching for such stuffs, allows to find really treasures.

Hope, that Eurobeat Prime owner like I asked in the separate topic, will do some day the final order and throw away this mess, informations only from booklets, art covers and blurred pictures.

The small part of issues from Japan and Holland includes much more.

Thank you for answer !
How could I forget Iventi d' Azzurro. That magazine also helped me stay in focus with all the latest TIME, Asia, F.C.F, Flea, Radiorama, AbeatC, HRG Attack and High Energy vinyls out. ..and of course Danny Roosen and Eddy Parregio(AbeatC's NRG Boys) whom I bought the vinyls from in Holland after previewing them through the phone. Great, unforgattable TIMEs. :!:

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 26 Jul 2016, 03:07

Your phone bills must have been outrageous :P

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 26 Jul 2016, 13:53

Crockett wrote:True. That's what I'm talking about. Year by year in early 90's the availability decreased. I base many times on I Venti D'Azzurro, which also had problems and big delayes to get news already in 1994.

In Japan it was easy and all materials, interviews, photos stayed there rather for ever. For addition no one of us can't translate japanese. But being focused on searching for such stuffs, allows to find really treasures.
True. At some point (as the story goes) Avex decided which songs should be released on vinyl and which weren't. They also decided that vinyls could only be sold in Japan, not outside Japan. Later, Avex had its own low quality vinyls (Time Avex) and then there was no more eurobeat vinyl. But since 1997 or 1998 (probably due to loudness war) vinyl sound became crap anyway, so the loss was not big. Meanwhile, there were other ways to get hold of eurobeat music (by ordering cd from Japan).

I Venti had good contacts with italian labels. For example with Roberto Zanetti (Savage), who had Euroenergy label (if you haven't before, check out Wilson Ferguson - Sometimes, which is a great example of that label). At the back of the sleeves, the I Venti d'Azzurro logo was printed. Not because I Venti was involved in the songs, but as a thank you for their friendship!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 26 Jul 2016, 19:57

Well don't forget the ParaParaParadise vinyls, and Avex still pressed vinyl up to 2008. I think SEB 188 was the last vinyl pressing.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Super-E ... se/1429951

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 27 Jul 2016, 17:58

Bonkers wrote:Well don't forget the ParaParaParadise vinyls, and Avex still pressed vinyl up to 2008. I think SEB 188 was the last vinyl pressing.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Super-E ... se/1429951
I totally forgot those!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Jul 2016, 01:02

The last vinyls that I bought were those TIME, DELTA, HRG Attack and ABeatC that had two extendeds on each side. The sound quality suffered on some of those HRG Attack ones. SomeTIMEs sounded too muffeled

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 17 Aug 2016, 02:53

https://youtu.be/iJKG_Ej9qMg

Routine for Mari's debut track. Pretty good!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 17 Aug 2016, 03:46

para_rigby wrote:https://youtu.be/iJKG_Ej9qMg

Energy is definitely in the chorus!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Aug 2016, 06:19

Mari's song is surely to be a standout. I'm wondering if that's Nick Festari; tearing up on the guitar?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 17 Aug 2016, 06:32

Hmm, not really that impressed with this preview, at least it is not on the same level as what Delta can and have put out as of late. Mari's vocals sound decent enough though.
drnrg wrote:Mari's song is surely to be a standout. I'm wondering if that's Nick Festari; tearing up on the guitar?
Written and Produced by Roberto Gabrielli e Roberto Festari.
Mixed by Nick "Octopus" Festari
Guitar: Gianfranco Salvio
Back vocals: Francesca Salaris e Roberto Gabrielli
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 17 Aug 2016, 09:28

I don't like it either. The chorus and riff are very weak.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 17 Aug 2016, 11:34

At least it's not that standard, boring Delta synth we hear all the time!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 17 Aug 2016, 12:50

para_rigby wrote:At least it's not that standard, boring Delta synth we hear all the time!
The truth!

Holy shit it sounds amazing. I wanna hear more!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Cy-Ro
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Cy-Ro » 17 Aug 2016, 13:39

10/10 :!:

Vinylyarou
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Vinylyarou » 18 Aug 2016, 00:54

I need to listen to it in good quality. It sounds pretty good, but I'm sure I'm going to love it when it gets released.
Latest simfile:

Previous Eurobeat simfiles: Iron Man - Mark Astley [Delta Music Industry]/ Self Control - Laura Branigan [Atlantic Records]