Nick Festari of HiNRG fame with a New Italo Disco song?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Nick Festari of HiNRG fame with a New Italo Disco song?

Post by synthjunkie » 13 Aug 2016, 13:49

Crockett wrote:This time Flashback Records announced...

Time Machine Production 006 "Nick Festari - Web Kills The Radio" b/w "Demo - Why Don't You Love Me"

Italo Disco written and produced by R. Festari, R. Gabrielli :o

http://flashbackrecords.org/releases-2016.html

Audio samples coming soon on above site. :wink:
Last edited by synthjunkie on 13 Aug 2016, 23:16, edited 2 times in total.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 13 Aug 2016, 16:27

Tiger wrote:I guess they won't be returning to the 21st Century Records style? Different vocalist though.
Flashback Records didn't mention who is Nick Festari and who composed, produced the music. Credits are revealed by artists, but for the style we have to wait.

Time Machince series was targeted on re-born Time Records arrangements from the "golden" period 1984 - 1987.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 13 Aug 2016, 23:06

I wonder whether this new upcoming song "Web Kills The Radio" is in any related to Nick Festari's 2013 song "Don't Slam The Radio"?? Somewhat similar sounding titles....Maybe a remade Italo version of his original ballad song?
https://www.discogs.com/Nick-Festari-Do ... se/4876292

The guy on the cover of "Web Kills The Radio" doesn't really look like the Nick Festari of eurobeat fame...Even if it was a photo taken many years sgo, the cover model has a different facial structure and different hair than the Nick Festari we know already.

I guess they are using a different cover model than the vocalist, as was the norm back in the Italo-disco days, or maybe this new Nick Festari song is not even related to the Nick Festari of eurobeat fame? But again, Laurent Gelmetti works on Flashback Records, which is the parent label that is releasing this new song, so maybe it isn't a far stretch to say this can still be a new song by the Nick Festari of HiNRG Attack...hmmm? :???:

Since the credits given by Crockett above are just a hopefull guess for now ("Italo Disco written and produced by R. Festari, R. Gabrielli"), we can't confirm these credits until they are revealed together with the audio samples by Flashback Records themselves. Then, we should discover who is behind this mysterious alias.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Aug 2016, 04:26

It's obviously Nick Festari song. Otherwise why use the artist's real name? Newfield worked with him before at TIME records.

As far as the vinyl sleeve? That might just be him with lighter coloured haired?

It's all a mystery, but a great one. Stay tuned.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 14 Aug 2016, 05:31

The cover model could also be DEMO.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 14 Aug 2016, 07:01

jeurobeat wrote:The cover model could also be DEMO.
I never had given any though until you mentioned it that the cover can be for the B-side aritst named "DEMO".

It makes the most sense after seeing the front cover looking nothing like Nick Festari at all, even if the photo was taken from the olden days.

nick festari
Euro To B

Post by nick festari » 14 Aug 2016, 13:51

Hi eurobeat people! There is no mystery behind this new record. Yes, Roberto Gabrielli and me are working also for Flashback Records. Obviously the guy on the pic is not me. It's Demo (Francesco Palmieri), the singer of "Why don't you love me" (AA side). Kimmo Salo (the owner of the label) decided to use this pic for both of the songs because it has a very 80's look that fits well for the two productions.
There is no connection between "Web kills the radio" and "Don't slam the radio".

A Side

WEB KILLS THE RADIO - NICK FESTARI
(R. Festari - R. Gabrielli)
Vocals: Roberto Festari
Backing vocals: Francesca Salaris
Arranged and mixed by Roberto Festari

AA Side

WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME - DEMO
(R. Gabrielli - R. Festari)
Vocals: Francesco Palmieri
Backing vocals: Francesca Salaris
Arranged and mixed by Roberto Festari

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 14 Aug 2016, 15:19

synthjunkie wrote:Since the credits given by Crockett above are just a hopefull guess for now ("Italo Disco written and produced by R. Festari, R. Gabrielli"), we can't confirm these credits until they are revealed together with the audio samples by Flashback Records themselves. Then, we should discover who is behind this mysterious alias.
Pleeeeeeeeeeaaase...... :!: :!: :!:

I wrote, that credits have been revealed by artists, because Flashback Records previewed just the title and the art cover.
Crockett wrote:Flashback Records didn't mention who is Nick Festari and who composed, produced the music. Credits are revealed by artists, but for the style we have to wait.
So my question is what ?
synthjunkie wrote:are just a hopefull guess for now
We don't need to wait when the label will decide to introduce more. I did it.

Again, this time not R. Gabrielli, but R. Festari logged to us and had to explain, because from official information I got from the one of duo started the unnecessary discussion.

Also totally nothing weird, that on the art cover is a model. Is here somebody who really doesn't recognize Roberto Festari ?... Wow... Impossible to confuse him with another man, especially from the shown sleeve :!: :!: :!:

Vinylyarou
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Vinylyarou » 14 Aug 2016, 15:26

So we can say that Demo is Cody / 2 Fast

Pretty interesting! :grin:
Latest simfile:

Previous Eurobeat simfiles: Iron Man - Mark Astley [Delta Music Industry]/ Self Control - Laura Branigan [Atlantic Records]

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 14 Aug 2016, 18:13

Crockett wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:Since the credits given by Crockett above are just a hopefull guess for now ("Italo Disco written and produced by R. Festari, R. Gabrielli"), we can't confirm these credits until they are revealed together with the audio samples by Flashback Records themselves. Then, we should discover who is behind this mysterious alias.
Pleeeeeeeeeeaaase...... :!: :!: :!:

I wrote, that credits have been revealed by artists, because Flashback Records previewed just the title and the art cover.
Crockett wrote:Flashback Records didn't mention who is Nick Festari and who composed, produced the music. Credits are revealed by artists, but for the style we have to wait.
So my question is what ?
synthjunkie wrote:are just a hopefull guess for now
We don't need to wait when the label will decide to introduce more. I did it.

Again, this time not R. Gabrielli, but R. Festari logged to us and had to explain, because from official information I got from the one of duo started the unnecessary discussion.

Also totally nothing weird, that on the art cover is a model. Is here somebody who really doesn't recognize Roberto Festari ?... Wow... Impossible to confuse him with another man, especially from the shown sleeve :!: :!: :!:
I got confused by your post since it can be interpreted differently through context:

"Flashback Records didn't mention who is Nick Festari and who composed, produced the music. Credits are revealed by artists, but for the style we have to wait."

I thought the above statement meant that Flahsback Records didn't tell us yet, but when the credits will be revealed we will know. I didn't know that you were informed through another source other than Flashback Records until you actually clarified that just now.

Thanks for clarifying this, Crockett.

Thank you also, Nick Festari, for settling this straighton this forum. :P
We wish you the best on this song!

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 14 Aug 2016, 18:34

http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/video-chatbox/

At this moment, 8:00 - 11:00 PM is broadcasted the program by Gwen De Bats with 80's music, where each Monday also playes the dance music Marcello D'Azzurro, including Eurobeat :wink: During these 3 hours she will introduce Nick Festari news. :)

Cy-Ro
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Cy-Ro » 14 Aug 2016, 20:11

Both great tracks 8)

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 14 Aug 2016, 21:18

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 14 Aug 2016, 22:28

Really nice. Glad to see two of my favorite old-school producers back in the game.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 15 Aug 2016, 01:08

Vinylyarou wrote:So we can say that Demo is Cody / 2 Fast

Pretty interesting! :grin:
Gabrielli works with him often, he's also the vocalist on Heat Me Up/M.O.V.E. and i feel like he sang one of the Cody songs...