Nick Festari of HiNRG fame with a New Italo Disco song?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Aug 2016, 05:01

Wow! I feel like a got flashed back to 1986."Web Kills The Radio" is perfect Italo. Really reminds me of those HRG Attack ItaloDisco songs a few years back. Only the sounds on this track are more raw. Not as Amped. More like Italo used to sound.

Haha! Demo's song is also great. I thought It was gonna be a Demo of the song. I didn't think to be the artists name. He does sound like a singer at DELTA records.

This would both be great to have in Extended. Maybe even on Vinyl. If possible? 8)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 15 Aug 2016, 06:04

They're alright. Nothing to write home about though unfortunately.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 15 Aug 2016, 13:46

The description prepared by Flashback Records member after some suggestions I did.

Roberto "Nick" Festari started his musical career in 1987 with Claudio Accatino and Federico Rimonti. They started to work for SAIFAM, composing and arranging Eurobeat songs for Asia and Flea Records. In the early 90s Festari continued with Laurent Gelmetti for Time Records productions and later moved to Hi-NRG Attack team in 1994 and worked there nearly 20 years.

Recently Festari has been collaborating more with Roberto Gabrielli and now the team has joined the forces with Flashback Records by producing two new tracks in 1986-87 style. "Web Kills The Radio" has many elements (like percussion arrangements, heavy drums, voice sampling) from Time Records/Farina styled productions, while "Why Don't You Love Me" is a softer track with Pasquini influences... and it's no wonder, as Festari comes from the same engineering academy as the masters who created this particular Italo sound.

And additionally except the promotional text above:

For SAIFAM his first work as the arranger was Mark Farina "Russian". Before as the writer he composed Barbara "Banana Boogie". He made also as vocal coach for the song Superlove "How Deep Is Your Love".

The mentioned music for Asia and Flea, of course much more than is here listed, has been done at Live Studio, as the part of collaboration, diversed between Live Studio and Factory Sound Studio. The final productions were mixed at Factory Sound Studio.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Aug 2016, 06:01

Crockett wrote:The description prepared by Flashback Records member after some suggestions I did.

Roberto "Nick" Festari started his musical career in 1987 with Claudio Accatino and Federico Rimonti. They started to work for SAIFAM, composing and arranging Eurobeat songs for Asia and Flea Records. In the early 90s Festari continued with Laurent Gelmetti for Time Records productions and later moved to Hi-NRG Attack team in 1994 and worked there nearly 20 years.

Recently Festari has been collaborating more with Roberto Gabrielli and now the team has joined the forces with Flashback Records by producing two new tracks in 1986-87 style. "Web Kills The Radio" has many elements (like percussion arrangements, heavy drums, voice sampling) from Time Records/Farina styled productions, while "Why Don't You Love Me" is a softer track with Pasquini influences... and it's no wonder, as Festari comes from the same engineering academy as the masters who created this particular Italo sound.

And additionally except the promotional text above:

For SAIFAM his first work as the arranger was Mark Farina "Russian". Before as the writer he composed Barbara "Banana Boogie". He made also as vocal coach for the song Superlove "How Deep Is Your Love".

The mentioned music for Asia and Flea, of course much more than is here listed, has been done at Live Studio, as the part of collaboration, diversed between Live Studio and Factory Sound Studio. The final productions were mixed at Factory Sound Studio.
I always thought Russian had a HRG Attack vibe. Something Like Remy Panther - Try

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 17 Aug 2016, 05:21

Thanks for the background info, that was very interesting!

I don't listen to new retro italo style much, because the things I heard so far sound too fake (weak synths or drums). However, Web Kills The Radio is the true Time Records sound! The right drums, the right bass and the right synths. This is done really well. The second song sounds very much like Dave Rodgers - Rich & Famous.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 17 Aug 2016, 14:41

jeurobeat wrote:Dave Rodgers - Rich & Famous.

You're a genious ! Bravo ! 8) :grin:

Italo Disco New Generation, such re-born style, confusingly similar to the oldies is an answer what loyal fans of 80's would like to listen and are willing to pay...

Is the same situation with Eurobeat ?

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 17 Aug 2016, 19:59

The 2nd song by DEMO "Why Don't You Leave Me", with its great Mauro Farina-style, appealed to my tastes much more than Nick Festari's "Web Kills The Radio", but still great effort by Nick Festari on his release and hope to see more of the two in the near future.