Pete Burns Dead

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Pete Burns Dead

Post by para_rigby » 24 Oct 2016, 20:37

Pete Burns, lead singer of Dead or Alive, died from cardiac arrest today. While not a eurobeat singer, he band greatly influenced many a eurobeat melody

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 24 Oct 2016, 20:46

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 25 Oct 2016, 02:43

No more You Spin Me Right Round :(

Well, RIP hi-nrg pioneer.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Oct 2016, 03:52

One of my favorite vocalists ever. Many Eurobeat hits are inspired by the melody of "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)". I ;also , Always ,thought Thomas Marin sounded a lot like him on his early ABeatC hits like "Dog eat Dog". .

One of the Godfathers of the genre we now call High NRG music. Cardiac Arrest at 57. That's damn young. R.I.P, but seroiously; what's going on with hollywood now adays?

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: Pete Burns Dead

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 25 Oct 2016, 09:22

RIP
para_rigby wrote:While not a eurobeat singer
Nope, that's wrong. In fact, the origins of the term Eurobeat are exactly the Stock, Aitken, and Waterman productions in the 80s like Dead or Alive, Bananarama, etc. The Italian producers totally copied their style (and even melodies) in the beginning.

djtt
Euro To B

Post by djtt » 25 Oct 2016, 16:04

Oh yes. Stock, Aitken and Waterman produced so much good stuff in the 80's. Sad about Pete though btw.
People will remember You spin me right round though.
I Think it was released in 1985, and yes Stock Aitken and Waterman produced that one.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Oct 2016, 04:11

Anthony McBazooka wrote:RIP
Nope, that's wrong. In fact, the origins of the term Eurobeat are exactly the Stock, Aitken, and Waterman productions in the 80s like Dead or Alive, Bananarama, etc. The Italian producers totally copied their style (and even melodies) in the beginning.
yes and no.

It's true that SAW team melodies are some of the most used to inspire 1000s of Euobeat songs, but in all honesty the SAW style was the watered down style of the music called Hi-NRG. In other words; the commercial style; that is why after Dead Or Alive hit big; countless of other Hi NRG also broke into mainstream. As for Italo Disco? It was around way before SAW broke out. Koto, Laserdance, Gazebo and countless more were all before Dead Or Alive. Even; New York based producers like Bobby O, Patrick Cowley, Giorgio Moroder, were around eons before the SAW team. So who copied who?

In the end; it didn't really mattered, because, It; is, safe to say ; that SAW team gave HI- NRG the much needed exposure for it to become mainstream. Once "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) became top 10, it was open season for all Hi- NRG music. Even older songs were re-released to capitalize on Hi- NRG's new found fame. Just take into the fact that "Living On Video" a song originally released in 1982, but didn't hit the top charts untill 1985 -86. That is all thanks to the exposure Pete and SAW gave to Hi- NRG music.

In my eyes; all Hi-NRG producers played an important part in the growth and birth of what we now call ;Eurobeat .

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 26 Oct 2016, 07:57

drnrg wrote:
Anthony McBazooka wrote:RIP
yes and no.

It's true that SAW team melodies are some of the most used to inspire 1000s of Euobeat songs, but in all honesty the SAW style was the watered down style of the music called Hi-NRG. In other words; the commercial style; that is why after Dead Or Alive hit big; countless of other Hi NRG also broke into mainstream. As for Italo Disco? It was around way before SAW broke out. Koto, Laserdance, Gazebo and countless more were all before Dead Or Alive. Even; New York based producers like Bobby O, Patrick Cowley, Giorgio Moroder, were around eons before the SAW team. So who copied who?

In the end; it didn't really mattered, because, It; is, safe to say ; that SAW team gave HI- NRG the much needed exposure for it to become mainstream. Once "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) became top 10, it was open season for all Hi- NRG music. Even older songs were re-released to capitalize on Hi- NRG's new found fame. Just take into the fact that "Living On Video" a song originally released in 1982, but didn't hit the top charts untill 1985 -86. That is all thanks to the exposure Pete and SAW gave to Hi- NRG music.

In my eyes; all Hi-NRG producers played an important part in the growth and birth of what we now call ;Eurobeat .
Still, the term Eurobeat comes from SAW. Here is my Bananarama maxi single from 1987:

Especially this song has been copied several times by Italian producers (Coo Coo – You Can Set Me Free, Macho Gang – Naughty Boy) and by copying the upbeat SAW style Italo Disco has evolved into Eurobeat, Italo Disco was a lot slower before and the rhythms didn't depend on offbeat pumping.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 26 Oct 2016, 15:41

There's two uses of the word "eurobeat"

1. The British use...for SAW and their take on Italo Disco/HI-NRG

2. The Italian use...the one in which most people would refer to eurobeat as. i was referring to this use of eurobeat since most people do not use the 1st one much at all.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 26 Oct 2016, 18:01

Anthony McBazooka wrote:Still, the term Eurobeat comes from SAW. Here is my Bananarama maxi single from 1987:
That doesn't prove anything. Alfa international (Japanese label) started That's Eurobeat series with Vol. 1 in 1986. It was a logical step to make a reference to the origin of the music: Italo disco, Spanish disco, English disco all there on one Eurobeat compilation (there was one SAW song on the first volume). In 1987, Alfa released a separate Kings of Eurobeat featuring Stock, Aitken & Waterman album. And then there was the Bananarama 'Eurobeat style' version, different from the usual SAW style and much closer to the Eurobeat style.

To be on topic: RIP Peter Burns. You Spin Me Round is a great song.

skibblesx
Euro To B

Post by skibblesx » 28 Oct 2016, 16:55

well i guess we can for sure say dead now
*badum tsh*

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 28 Oct 2016, 22:42

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Oct 2016, 03:21

skibblesx wrote:well i guess we can for sure say dead now
*badum tsh*
Bad taste joke. I didn't care for it. :???:

skibblesx
Euro To B

Post by skibblesx » 29 Oct 2016, 11:59

as intended