EUROLOVERS YT Channal has been terminated

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 27 Nov 2016, 07:22

Bonkers wrote:And I tell you again, you can get used copies on Amazon for as low as $12 (or lower). YOU have a way to get this music. Whether it's the way you want it or not is not Avex's problem or concern. It all comes back on you.

I'm tired of you throwing out the argument that it's blocked from you. It's not. So you can stop throwing that out now.

I even set the view from lowest priced to highest.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_pric ... e-asc-rank
Yes, I know you can get SEB albums at a dirt cheap price on Amazon. Where do you think I got the few I own?

The problem is, not every album on there is cheap and there's no standard price tag like it is in Japan. The further you go down that list, the more expensive the albums get. For example, Vol. 225, one of my favorite recent albums, cost $45 if you get it on Prime. Now true, on many albums you buy a used one in good condition for half the price or less, but then you got ones that cost almost just as much or even more. In the case of 225, a used one is $70! Brand new is $39. That's unacceptable! That's the kind of money I spend making two or three trips to the store to buy groceries and whatever else I happen to need in addition to paying rent.

So no, I say it's not fair that we can't enjoy Eurobeat music as the Japanese do because we can't afford to buy every single album even if they are available. You can because you got the money to spare, good for you. But what about the rest of us who are trying to make a living?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 27 Nov 2016, 07:59

MKwiakaku wrote:...
Actually the easiest remedy to any of this bullcrap is just to revert back to the model in circa 2008-2009 while also keeping the existing schedule of release on a timely manner, not one month later or more. I am sure most of us long time eurobeaters remember Musico.jp right? It was the only international friendly JPN music portal which allowed us to purchase eurobeat on a track by track basis, and anyone who wanted to and/or are rich enough to own the entire thing physically could keep to the traditional method of ordering via CDJapan etc. Not everyone can afford a physical CD release all the time and for some, is highly impractical at the point or time and/or just plain unneeded.

The old eurobeat also needs to make a comeback now that EUROLOVERS is gone, there's not a need to reprint CDs but again, online digital is where it's at, it's 2016 and why eurobeat is stuck in this wayward marketing process is truly beyond me, I understand we have 241 volumes now but still. Not just CD but in all their non stop mix/radio edit and extended version glory. There is truth in what Bonkers has stated but that's too black and white, as I have stated, I want extended versions of a couple songs in the pre-187 volumes, songs that never got released in radio edit even or even "misc eurobeat tracks out somewhere else other than SEB" that have NEVER been readily available even in Japan itself, let alone international audience so what am I suppose to do, more so now that EUROLOVERS is gone? Again, labels could either go rogue like what Lebon stated, either Avex - the more likely choice, or the labels themselves get all the old tracks released on international music portals (which I HOPE they still keep, but I am not holding my breath on that one) or just let them get blown away in the dust - the least desirable choice of all but I won't lose sleep over it.

Beyond that, there's very little else I can do or plan. I have very little interactions with producers of whom most don't even seem to care about their own creations anyways, and they are the one who actually have a voice. I can only voice my concerns from a consumer standpoint and maybe someone who has more dealings with the establishment can let the voices be heard.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 27 Nov 2016, 08:28

SEB is actually really expensive compared to other albums. 2500ish yen is the equivalent of $25 USD for an album. Much higher than pop albums which sell a lot lower, but are considered to be higher quality by the masses.

DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 27 Nov 2016, 09:04

Tiger wrote:It was never a good idea to post a newly released SEB 241 on YouTube.
He did it with every other album before 241 and no one batted an eye. When SEB picked up again after the year long hiatus in 2012, he uploaded every song, except the ones made by Dima, a few days after the release of the album and nothing happened. 241 comes out and bam! Instant death.

So it still raises the question of why they waited until now to have his channel terminated. And according to xiao it was 241 that did EUROLOVERS in, when they had all other 240 albums, more if you include Maharaja Night and Euroflash, they could have used instead and they could have done it years ago.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 27 Nov 2016, 09:15

Take your Super 'murica Beat idea and put in your Superfat 'murican Arse (sorry, I don't know you, but it's just such a funny racist stereotype).
The solutions are already there but are continuously being ignored. So please at least have the balls to say that you don't give a fuck about solutions and just want to complain. That goes to mostly all of you here.

And about that Eurobeat and Dubstep comparison … I hope it's a very terrible joke, otherwise I have to question your sanity in a way that I would even say you should apply for becoming the next president of the USA. But I'm sure you know that the name Dubsteb doesn't origin from Dublin while Eurobeat origins from Europe as the country where it is being produced, right?
This is more of an issue than you think. European music has almost disappeared in Europe, replaced my 'murican style music. And not just in mainstream music, even every Metal genre is nothing else than polished chrome now. Supporting the SEB series, the Japanese at least constantly demanded for a pure European music style for a long time which has been abandoned in the rest of the world.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 27 Nov 2016, 09:45

DirectorK wrote:
Tiger wrote:It was never a good idea to post a newly released SEB 241 on YouTube.
He did it with every other album before 241 and no one batted an eye. When SEB picked up again after the year long hiatus in 2012, he uploaded every song, except the ones made by Dima, a few days after the release of the album and nothing happened. 241 comes out and bam! Instant death.

So it still raises the question of why they waited until now to have his channel terminated. And according to xiao it was 241 that did EUROLOVERS in, when they had all other 240 albums, more if you include Maharaja Night and Euroflash, they could have used instead and they could have done it years ago.
Actually, it's fairly simple, again I don't claim to know for sure but look at who the noisemakers were in the 241 thread and then think about who the "newcomers" on SEB 241 were and you'd probably have an idea or two who might be responsible for the brown nosing. Again, not saying that sharing 241 is right but still ...
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 27 Nov 2016, 16:21

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Nov 2016, 16:40

DirectorK wrote:
Bonkers wrote:And I tell you again, you can get used copies on Amazon for as low as $12 (or lower). YOU have a way to get this music. Whether it's the way you want it or not is not Avex's problem or concern. It all comes back on you.

I'm tired of you throwing out the argument that it's blocked from you. It's not. So you can stop throwing that out now.

Yes, I know you can get SEB albums at a dirt cheap price on Amazon. Where do you think I got the few I own?

The problem is, not every album on there is cheap and there's no standard price tag like it is in Japan. The further you go down that list, the more expensive the albums get. For example, Vol. 225, one of my favorite recent albums, cost $45 if you get it on Prime. Now true, on many albums you buy a used one in good condition for half the price or less, but then you got ones that cost almost just as much or even more. In the case of 225, a used one is $70! Brand new is $39. That's unacceptable! That's the kind of money I spend making two or three trips to the store to buy groceries and whatever else I happen to need in addition to paying rent.

So no, I say it's not fair that we can't enjoy Eurobeat music as the Japanese do because we can't afford to buy every single album even if they are available. You can because you got the money to spare, good for you. But what about the rest of us who are trying to make a living?
Then pay the $25 for 225 on CDJapan....

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Nov 2016, 16:46

It was actually $21. But sadly it's sold out.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 27 Nov 2016, 17:15

225 is on YesAsia for 23 USD. 30 Euros on Discogs (mint condition).

Higher prices may be unacceptable, BUT: These are third-party sellers who want to make money out of rare(!) albums. Even though 400 Euros für SEB 146 are ridicolous, what stops you from contacting the seller and ask for a cheap and acceptable price?

Even though this doesn't solve past SEBs' problems, you can at least be safe fr the future if you pre-order new SEBs. You won't like each single disc, of course, but it's likely to liek at least most of the songs in general.
I wouldn't have bought 222 if I hadn't pre-ordered it. However, then I have SEBs like 238 where I love each single song.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Nov 2016, 17:18

KiraTM wrote:225 is on YesAsia for 23 USD. 30 Euros on Discogs (mint condition).

Higher prices may be unacceptable, BUT: These are third-party sellers who want to make money out of rare(!) albums. Even though 400 Euros für SEB 146 are ridicolous, what stops you from contacting the seller and ask for a cheap and acceptable price?

Even though this doesn't solve past SEBs' problems, you can at least be safe fr the future if you pre-order new SEBs. You won't like each single disc, of course, but it's likely to liek at least most of the songs in general.
I wouldn't have bought 222 if I hadn't pre-ordered it. However, then I have SEBs like 238 where I love each single song.
And if you use cdjapan, you get shopper points with every purchase. You save those points and you can get future.purchases at a slight doscount.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 27 Nov 2016, 17:24

You could also create a non-North American iTunes account to buy SEB songs. If you need German gift cards, for example, you can ask me. Online shops want a little extra fee for foreign iTunes cards.
And SEB songs get sold here for 69 Eurocents each (that's the cheapest price class).
However, you won't get each single song. You can get the SCP stuff from Bandcamp since they upload all of their songs there. The only problem is Sun Fire, I think.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Nov 2016, 18:15

Bonkers wrote:
DirectorK wrote: It's not fair that the Japanese get to enjoy this music and we don't.
And I tell you again, you can get used copies on Amazon for as low as $12 (or lower). YOU have a way to get this music. Whether it's the way you want it or not is not Avex's problem or concern. It all comes back on you.

12$ US = 16.22$CAD + 20.28$ (15$USD) shipping (for each CD you take). It's better to get it/them new at this point. Do you see my point? Not fucking everybody has 35$ to bust on CDs, let alone used!!! It's even worse in Mexico, Brazil and even Russia where the exchange rate and postal systems are incredibly bad that it's not worth it. That is why piracy is so rampent in these countries.

So, that's why it's imperative to have CHOICE. But this CHOICE is NOT available. It's expensive import and expensive import only.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Nov 2016, 18:46

Why is no one flooding the SEB fb page with complaints then? They do pop on from time to time.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 27 Nov 2016, 18:46

As I said, try a foreign iTunes. It's not as hard as registering in Japanese iTunes with a little help of the international people here. You get no lossless files, of course, but the iTunes quality as almost as good as a CD. The differences are nearly unhearable. So if you really want the music that badly, you can get the songs digitally and legally.
I'm not saying it's easily accessable, but it's a relatively easy way.