EUROLOVERS YT Channal has been terminated

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 27 Nov 2016, 19:19

I can elaborate for Brazil.
On CDJapan, newest SEB (volume 241) costs 2400 yen = 72.68 brl (brazilian real). Shipping is something between 16.00 brl for SAL (no tracking) and 73.00 brl for EMS. Other fees include: credit cards here have many fees and taxes for international commerce, let's not forget exchange rates as well and lastly, international products usually have customs fees when they get into National territory.

Let's say, hypothetically, I want to buy this volume today. I'll pay the product + other fees + registered shipping (it's not advised for anyone in South America to buy products online without tracking because, guess what? They get lost forever. Personally, I had lost packages even though they were tracked… figures, post offices in here are fucking garbage).

Product.....: 72.68
Shipping...: 29.07 (Registered SAL - partial tracking and I have to worry that post office won't screw me up)
Other fees: 15.00~60.00 (depends on luck, really)
Total........: 116.75~161.75

Possible outcomes: I would never receive it or only get it after +4 months. I could pay 116 or 161 brl entirely based on luck factor.

For curiosity, current minimum wage in Brazil is 880.00 brl. Unfortunately, rich aren't that interested in eurobeat and the little community we have in here isn't exactly swimming on money right now… Even buying from iTunes and others like Ebay is very expensive, all taxes and fees considered.

DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 27 Nov 2016, 19:23

Bonkers wrote:Why is no one flooding the SEB fb page with complaints then? They do pop on from time to time.
We have. For years. Not exactly a flood mind you but still... NOTHING has changed. It's like the producers and artists cannot phantom the possibility that there is foreign fanbase out here who have been on their knees begging for them to release their music online. They still haven't, and because of that we had to resort to listening to it on YT. Now that's mostly gone.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 27 Nov 2016, 19:23

Tiger wrote:
#Infinity wrote:Even Dance Dance Revolution, the second-biggest promotional tool of eurobeat outside of Initial D, has been irrelevant since the start of this chronological decade.
Uh I think many people would disagree with you on that statement.
Well, okay, para-para dancing, but even then, few people know about para-para overseas, whereas DDR and Initial D were readily available to people internationally throughout the 2000s. I can testify when I say that both the_ditz and I were introduced to eurobeat because of Dance Dance Revolution. I'm pretty sure Ebisumaru and cheeseman were, too.
ImageImage

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Nov 2016, 19:26

M2-EB wrote:...
Dang :( That brings things into a whole other light, and goes back to Lebon & others, there needs to be more choice in availability.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 27 Nov 2016, 19:31

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 27 Nov 2016, 19:39

Tiger wrote:Not necessarily. You forget a lot of songs like Sex on Fire, Sex Crime, Hot Gal, Sexy Gal, etc.
"Sex Crime" is Delta. "Sex on Fire" is just a generic sex romp with your usual fire-desire rhymes. "Sexy Gal" is in the same boat, with lots of lyrical clichés and the most original words being different metaphors for sex. "Hot Gal" is pretty cool because it's likely a lesbian-themed song, but it's still full of incredibly generic lyrics, such as "baby baby, I'm your lady;" "bad love, hot love, no sex over the phone;" and "I'm living the power / sexual poison, bad desire."

If you really examine the vast bulk of songs written at Delta or SinclaireStyle, you'll notice they're often written quite intelligently and typically avoid the corner-cutting that TIME, Dima, and HRG have too often relied upon in their pieces. Even the infamous "Night of Fire," in spite of its title, is penned in a unique and clever style throughout and isn't loaded with overused words or phrases like "fire/desire/higher/liar" rhymes, "hot love," "sex," "passion," "emotion," etc. Instead, DeJorio describes a rather cookie cutter action as, "come on babe let me stick you tight," which is both fresher and more animated than, say, "come on babe, let me give you my fire" (followed by something like, "I'm full of desire"). It still very much plays like a eurobeat song, applying repetitive exclamations like "come on lady" when necessary, but never does it stoop into embarrassing desperation, either.

The lyrics I wrote to "Brainwash" by Nina Francis as a 16-year-old are arguably better than the vast bulk of words from Hi-NRG Attack, Dima, and 2000s TIME. With songs by Delta, Saifam, and SinclaireStyle, however, it's clear there was actually a fair amount of talent and creative effort put into the lyrics and not just the melodic compositions.
ImageImage

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Nov 2016, 22:56

It looks like Avex has taken off the option for visitors to post a message on the SEB fb page...You can still PM them, but I'm not seeing where you could just type a message directly onto the page like you use to be able to do

DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 27 Nov 2016, 23:06

Bonkers wrote:It looks like Avex has taken off the option for visitors to post a message on the SEB fb page...You can still PM them, but I'm not seeing where you could just type a message directly onto the page like you use to be able to do
:neutral: OMG... what is going on over there?! And you wonder why we haven't made any progress in trying to get Eurobeat more accessible by going on their Facebook page because this is the crap we have to keep dealing with! Now they're trying to shut out fans entirely!

This depresses me so much I honestly want to cry.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 28 Nov 2016, 00:12

DirectorK wrote:
Bonkers wrote:It looks like Avex has taken off the option for visitors to post a message on the SEB fb page...You can still PM them, but I'm not seeing where you could just type a message directly onto the page like you use to be able to do
:neutral: OMG... what is going on over there?! And you wonder why we haven't made any progress in trying to get Eurobeat more accessible by going on their Facebook page because this is the crap we have to keep dealing with! Now they're trying to shut out fans entirely!

This depresses me so much I honestly want to cry.
It's a cop out! They know we're out here! That's it, I nominate Mi to be our leader in the Eurobeat rebellion!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 28 Nov 2016, 00:12

Idk what's wrong with your FB, Bonkers, but it's still letting me make comments and post on their post.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 28 Nov 2016, 00:16

para_rigby wrote:Idk what's wrong with your FB, Bonkers, but it's still letting me make comments and post on their post.
nvm!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 28 Nov 2016, 00:24

Well, I left a friendly message on their page! Others need to join!!

DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 28 Nov 2016, 00:52

Bonkers wrote:Well, I left a friendly message on their page! Others need to join!!
Done!

In addition, let's get a petition going. Let's send a clear message to both Avex Trax and the labels that says: "WE WANT EUROBEAT ONLINE NOW!

And if that doesn't work, we need to go to Japan and march straight up to Avex Trax HQ so they can see with their own eyes that we exist and we will not leave until we get what we want.

WE WANT EUROBEAT ONLINE NOW!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 28 Nov 2016, 01:00

DirectorK wrote:
Bonkers wrote:Well, I left a friendly message on their page! Others need to join!!
Done!

In addition, let's get a petition going. Let's send a clear message to both Avex Trax and the labels that says: "WE WANT EUROBEAT ONLINE NOW!

And if that doesn't work, we need to go to Japan and march straight up to Avex Trax HQ so they can see with their own eyes that we exist and we will not leave until we get what we want.

I'm down with a petition! It needs to specifically state that there needs to be international iTunes availability, and a dedicated youtube channel.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 28 Nov 2016, 01:23

DirectorK wrote:
Done!

Yeah...marching to Avex HQ is going to happen.

A petition would be nice if you could get enough names, but among the people on FB, EB-P, and IDW, you would still struggle to get enough names to make a big statement. Let's also remember that there are licensing issues and contracts between Avex and the studios that can't just be thrown to the wind since they're legally binding.