EUROLOVERS YT Channal has been terminated

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 28 Nov 2016, 01:30

Bonkers wrote:I'm down with a petition! It needs to specifically state that there needs to be international iTunes availability, and a dedicated youtube channel.
Agreed! And it should also say we want the extended editions of Eurobeat songs, just like what EUROLOVERS had. No radio edits!

We should also get fans who have YT channels to help spread the message. If we're going to do this, we need all the help we can get.

DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 28 Nov 2016, 01:36

para_rigby wrote: A petition would be nice if you could get enough names, but among the people on FB, EB-P, and IDW, you would still struggle to get enough names to make a big statement. Let's also remember that there are licensing issues and contracts between Avex and the studios that can't just be thrown to the wind since they're legally binding.
Even so, we've got to do something if we to continue to enjoy listening to Eurobeat. We have to at least try.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Nov 2016, 03:37

A lot of those Eurolovers songs were actually older Eurobeat songs that have not appeared on any cds or even released to public, so from my view; its a real shame it's been terminated. Also; I like I mentioned before many big name mainstream rock, Indie are uploading there entire albumes, so in the end, its AVEX, who is setting back Eurobeat for not moving with the TIMEs and promoting through Youtube.

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 28 Nov 2016, 07:56

Lebon14 wrote: 12$ US = 16.22$CAD + 20.28$ (15$USD) shipping (for each CD you take). It's better to get it/them new at this point. Do you see my point? Not fucking everybody has 35$ to bust on CDs, let alone used!!! It's even worse in Mexico, Brazil and even Russia where the exchange rate and postal systems are incredibly bad that it's not worth it. That is why piracy is so rampent in these countries.

So, that's why it's imperative to have CHOICE. But this CHOICE is NOT available. It's expensive import and expensive import only.
And when it's unavailable a new sealed on CDJapan and have to go to your local CD/Vinyls retailer.
It's like this I'll get next month a new sealed SEB176 but for 45€...
I reserved a SEB95 first press too.

All his SEB cost around 40/45€ but they are all new and sealed with their obi.

He surprise me when I asked the ones he can import. He can get the 25, 30s, 40s, 170s
It's my only way to get old SEB without à problem. I'm not sure with Amazon/Fnac/Discogs marketplaces, there's no pictures

And from what Avex put on iTunes... Saying an album is complete but there's missing tracks (I think of SEB43).

And i'm happy for the shutdown. My IRL friends will maybe stop saying to stop buying music and download them... Where.they put their money ? In a scholar week (Monday to Friday), they eat to McDonalds, Quick, kebab, O'Tacos and a local American fast food. Each one is around 7€, please calculate = 35€ each week in fast foods. For this price I prefer bought music. Fun fact: they think i'm rich.

Sorry if I've go too far :)

Oh, last thing. Why I need to say to get out of their mind buying music is the right way ? When I see the sales and popularity these times, it's a pleasure to see the artists and producers keep creating new music.
They always say me "You should stop buying music, it's wasted money", "haha, you bought again music. No interest when you can download them..."

Come back to EUROLOVERS, xiao said.it was one or two guys from Avex (I thinked off too with the unreleased extendeds) but on Mari - I Love You From My Soul, there were a comment from Gabrielli saying something like "hi, I don't you know at all, where did you get the rights to monetize my song ?". So it wasn't Avex. The only thing I know its the owner is Japanese.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Nov 2016, 08:13

Bonkers wrote:
DirectorK wrote:
Bonkers wrote:Well, I left a friendly message on their page! Others need to join!!
Done!

In addition, let's get a petition going. Let's send a clear message to both Avex Trax and the labels that says: "WE WANT EUROBEAT ONLINE NOW!

And if that doesn't work, we need to go to Japan and march straight up to Avex Trax HQ so they can see with their own eyes that we exist and we will not leave until we get what we want.

WE WANT EUROBEAT ONLINE NOW!
I'm down with a petition! It needs to specifically state that there needs to be international iTunes availability, and a dedicated youtube channel.
The former? Absolutely. But I wouldn't encourage petitioning for a pirating YT channel, guilty as many of us are of downloading music from Eurolovers in the past. We wouldn't have needed Eurolovers so badly in the first place if we could just buy our favorite songs for a dollar each and without being forced to order entire CD's that cost $30 or apparently even over $100. The Super Eurobeat Collections from 2008 were a welcome move on behalf of Avex, it's just too bad they haven't come all the way, especially with SEB's lucrativeness a joke these days. Too bad they're still stuck in 1998.
ImageImage

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 28 Nov 2016, 10:33

RotaryFTW wrote:And i'm happy for the shutdown. My IRL friends will maybe stop saying to stop buying music and download them... Where.they put their money ? In a scholar week (Monday to Friday), they eat to McDonalds, Quick, kebab, O'Tacos and a local American fast food. Each one is around 7€, please calculate = 35€ each week in fast foods. For this price I prefer bought music. Fun fact: they think i'm rich.

Oh, last thing. Why I need to say to get out of their mind buying music is the right way ? When I see the sales and popularity these times, it's a pleasure to see the artists and producers keep creating new music.
They always say me "You should stop buying music, it's wasted money", "haha, you bought again music. No interest when you can download them..."
This damned mindset, I swear… it's because of this freaking mindset that music industry (and, honestly, any kind of art) went to shit. People think that they're entitled to someone else's work and there's no need to pay for it because it's art and everyone has the right to own it. I don't know if that's the case for eurobeat but I imagine it would be so. I'm not happy with the latest events but they have their reasons and it's totally justified.
#Infinity wrote:The former? Absolutely. But I wouldn't encourage petitioning for a pirating YT channel, guilty as many of us are of downloading music from Eurolovers in the past.
A "dedicated youtube channel" would be another mean to advertise their works. I used to think this could be extremely damaging to business - since eurobeat is a really niche genre, etc - but if they want to sell, they need to put themselves out there and I believe YouTube is a great platform for it.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Nov 2016, 14:24

M2-EB wrote:
#Infinity wrote:The former? Absolutely. But I wouldn't encourage petitioning for a pirating YT channel, guilty as many of us are of downloading music from Eurolovers in the past.
A "dedicated youtube channel" would be another mean to advertise their works. I used to think this could be extremely damaging to business - since eurobeat is a really niche genre, etc - but if they want to sell, they need to put themselves out there and I believe YouTube is a great platform for it.
You'd have a hard time reeling in new listeners with a YouTube channel unless either you posted entire songs or launched some popular web series or whatever that used eurobeat. People aren't going to just stumble upon, say, the YouTube commercials for the new SEB albums, announced by that Billy West soundalike, and rush out to purchase music that's so outlandishly over the top.
ImageImage

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 28 Nov 2016, 17:19

#Infinity wrote:You'd have a hard time reeling in new listeners with a YouTube channel unless either you posted entire songs or launched some popular web series or whatever that used eurobeat. People aren't going to just stumble upon, say, the YouTube commercials for the new SEB albums, announced by that Billy West soundalike, and rush out to purchase music that's so outlandishly over the top.
There are a million things to do with a channel on such big streaming website and I'm 100% sure some of those things would actually help a bit :) Not necessarily put full songs or make web series, those would be great though haha.

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 28 Nov 2016, 18:54

Why not putting at least 1m30 edit as a preview ?

DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 28 Nov 2016, 21:09

RotaryFTW wrote:Why not putting at least 1m30 edit as a preview ?
We already have something like that, but that isn't enough to generate additional sales.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 28 Nov 2016, 21:48

DirectorK wrote:
RotaryFTW wrote:Why not putting at least 1m30 edit as a preview ?
We already have something like that, but that isn't enough to generate additional sales.
Agreed. That's why bandcamp's formula is so popular. You can listen to the whole tracks. Some people are OK with the bad streaming quality but a LOT of people are actually willing to pay to get premium streaming and the download in the format of their choice.
Last edited by Lebon14 on 28 Nov 2016, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 28 Nov 2016, 23:00

R.I.P. EUROLOVERS
2010-2016
:(
I will miss you
Yours faithfully Kat

DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 28 Nov 2016, 23:08

Lebon14 wrote:Agreed. That's why bandcamp's formular is so popular. You can listen to the whole tracks. Some people are OK with the bad streaming quality but a LOT of people are actually willing to pay to get premium streaming and the download in the format of their choice.
Another thing they could do is allow their music to be streamed on music websites like Digitally Imported. DI has Classic Eurodisco and I've occasionally heard songs that were featured on the That's Eurobeat series. If the producers actually got in touch with the guys who run DI I'm willing to bet they'd be more than happy to have a Eurobeat channel. They have everything else when it comes to EDM and as far as I know it's the biggest EDM music channel out there.

DirectorK
Euro To B

Post by DirectorK » 30 Nov 2016, 03:28

Hey, guys.

I've just sent a message to Travis Stebbins of Odyssey Eurobeat on both his YT channel and his Facebook page asking for his help. If we're going to get a petition going we need someone in the Eurobeat community who is well known and has a lot of influence. If we can get him to help us, we stand a better chance of getting the word spread and getting people to sign.

As of now I'm waiting for his reply. If anyone can get in touch through his Twitter account, that would also be helpful.

Let's not give up guys! Spread the word!

"WE WANT EUROBEAT ONLINE NOW!"

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 30 Nov 2016, 04:21

is EUROLOVERS japanese?
soundcloud.com/hainam-1