Alright, my stuff arrived today and let's see how it will turn out. Ripping rn. (11am)
I'm sure I'll start liking other tracks once I listen multiple times to these but this is my first impression so far:
Toho Eurobeat Vol. 18 地霊殿
- BEAT INFULLENCER - Nothing more to say to that, Rute & Aki are killing it - King & Queen of J-Euro!
- Here I Am - I think I said it sometime before but his kicks or bass (or whatever it's called) is so hard. I dunno, vocals and melody are fine but I get headache from the bass. On other songs (Sugano's Stebbins Arrangements or other Euro) it is hard too but a bit longer so it sounds smoother?
- TRAUMA - I don't like dubstep in songs, even if it's just tiny parts. The beginning of Axel K.'s Flowering Fantasia is the most I can take.
- Beat me - Nothing special, it's alright.
- MELO☆MELO MELTDOWN !! - Love it! Sounds cute with so many vocalists. Shake, shake, shake it up tonight \(^_^)/
- Super EGO - NAGISA back on TEB after a very long time (4 years if I'm not mistaken). But all I hear is Pa-ra-no-i-aaaahhhhh ><
- Festival Anima - Woww, Rute! I have the same feeling when I heard Flower Doll on TEB 17. Slow songs? Yes please!
タガタメニカエルナク on TEB 18. Fast songs? Yes please! Love him, he just masters everything!! Festiiivaaaaaaaal, Aaaaniiiimaaaaaa~~
Euro Baka Ichidai Vol. 11
- LET'S GO OUT! (Special Lead Single) - Thank god I got this promo cd, the song is gooooooooood.
- HARUTO - At first I didn't like it but turns out, it's actually quite decent.
- STAY WITH ME - Sounds good. The guitar riff is also nice, usually I don't like these so much.
- SHAKIN' LOVE - Whoa! Whoa! (Can't have enough of these vocal fx) The verses are awesome but the chorus sounds so boring.
Don't stop music all night. Don't stop music all night. Meh, it's a shame because the melody is not too bad.
- FANTASTIC WORLD - Melody sounds similar to Festival Anima but Akinari makes something different from the same mood. It's quite good, like it!
- SHINING GO YOUR WAY - Not much to say about this, it's decent.
- HEART ON FIRE - 荒巻's vocals on Take Off (EBI10) was incredible, and he proves it once again. Hopefully we will see more from him and okogeeechan because they make a great duo. The arrangement, damn, just magnificent and the guitar rounds it all up. Very well done!
- Rainbow dream - Which anime was this ripped from? Like seriously, you could literally cut out the chorus and make an intro from it.
- SECRET MOON [Hyper Techno Mix] - God this is slow oO. If you listen to this the original pops in your head and this mix is inferior. The tempo and melody of the original is just on top of that. Even the crowd (from the EBI 9 disc) goes insane.
- EXCITE LOVE!! [Hyper Techno Mix] - Not bad! Definitely not bad! I quite like this one.
- LABYRINTH [Hyper Techno Mix] - No thank you. Melody is ok but doesn't fit at all to the vocals.
- MONICA [Hyper Techno Mix] - The vocals are not as pumping as before. All of the song's energy is gone.
- GET IT NOW! [Hyper Techno Mix] - Melody is great but it doesn't fit!
No, it's just that these songs are so much eurobeat that these are incredibly hard or impossible to make an equivalent or better HT mix.
Both of them have proven that they are very much capable of delivering incredible HT tunes.
Take a look on Virtuous Suicide (157 BPM) (Raver's Nest 1) for example:
The same sample ('We can jump when the beat gets rough, dancing like a rising sun...') fits exactly perfect in this song.
It is spot on and keeps pace with the song.
The part after this is INCREDIBLE: "(sample) ... get on the floor. (peЯoco.) In the night freak me out beating my..." and the melody gets highlighted when the verse ends every time. THIS my friends, THIS is hyper techno at its BEST.
Virtuous Suicide has no eurobeat origin so it's basically from scratch and that's why it is so good.
You make something completely new and don't try to squeeze an already shaped song into some other form.
This is not to say you can't make remixes but you probably get the idea.
HYPER STRiKE Vol. 1
Now now... my Hyper Strike selection is complete, aside from Red Stream (I don't like speed rave) I should have every release from NJ zEn.
HS 1 - 7, HRS 1 + 2, UD and every single one was worth it's money.
There's not much to say about the tracks on this release to be honest, but this release marks the birth of Hyper Strike, the only circle that seriously focusses on Hyper Techno music (besides DW partially). I'm happy that I discovered this circle by accident and now it's one of my main ones. Hoping to see many many more releases in the future!
Broken The Disco is your typical NJ zEn song (not saying that it's bad, in fact quite the opposite) and the rest is decent too.
He made the wisest decision in his life - to pull uma into the mix.
I just can't express how good uma is in producing Hyper Techno and Trance music.
He's my probably my favorite of all time. Shortly after comes NJ zEn, brz, the椅子 and Francisco Gaitán. (Not counting SCP here of course).
Hate me but generally I don't like rock music at all. But this is something different, it's Rute!
I'm not gonna go into the detail for each guitar riff because they are ALL just out of this world.
- Regret - What a masterpiece. Only problem is that it's way too short. Everytime I listen to the piano I get goosebumps, and in combination with his voice at the end. Wowww!
- 未来を刻むLetter - God this is good shit.
- トモシビ - WHY ARE THESE SONGS SO SHORT???
- 残酷なINVITATION - What can I say?
- Swallow night - Masterpiece. Nothing more to say to that.
東方 Miracle Eurobeat Vol. 1
- 星と涙のミチシルベ - Yaaay, nmk is on the right way. Fast paced eurobeat (we are measuring 178 BPM here!) is what I love.
- R.E.D. retaliation - Why sneak that dubstep in there? Come on...
- Spring Emotion - Cute voice, decent vocals, good melody. Like it.
- masquerade night - Eurobeat combined with Hardstyle and it sounds good? What? I'm speechless!
- Keep My Way - Is that dubstep/trap what I hear in the background? Vocals and melody don't seem to blend in together too well.
- 桜 -Dance a Moment- - Rounds off everything, not as good as the first but definitely above average! But has dubstep parts too.
東方 Miracle Eurobeat Vol. 2
- Light's BASTARD - We don't deserve such a good song from nmk. Absolute savage.
Also 178 bpm, seems like this is the magic number for nmk.
- REVENGE the oblivion - Damn.
- Bites of Love - Not bad, that's all I can say.
- Lonely Lonely - Guess who made this arrangement? If you can endure the dubstep-/trap-like part the song is overall very relaxing but the dubstep parts are ruining it for me to be honest. Without them the song would've been so much better.
- blowing up - This melody and what is this - hardstyle in between?
- enticement poisoin - Like it especially when the kicks highlight the vocals but the jump part is way too hard for me.
- Vol. 1 Nonstop - Actually a neat idea, Crazy Beats does it from the same volume and nmk (well Sato. actually) from the last volume.
Raver's Nest 9
- EXTRA PARTY TIME - Great start to the CD!
- Imagination world - \(^_^)/ Woww, this is one energetic happy tune. Excellent!
- parallel world dub story - Fantastic melody, 花たん vocals. Digital Wing going to town so far!
- Owen Let's GO!! - I remember using the words *cheap* on this song. Not really as it turns out, the CD version sounds great.
- Ghost Ship on Fire - This song could've been on the Hyper Rave Symdrome series! Love it!
- ユメノカケラ ソラノイロ - Cute vocals, airy melody, great song.
- Justify the End - The melody shouldn't be so edgy? But damn the vocals are incredible, they make up for the melody for sure.
- ASCENSION DRIV - Great vocals, great melody, everything just fits perfectly.
- EXTRA PARTY TIME (DJ katsu CLUB REMIX) - No brainer.
Incredible tunes, incredible vocals, very well done!!
As you guys might have seen the comments became a bit shorter each album, that's because I've been ripping for 12 hours (it's almost 11pm now).
I won't be going through Montage Green because most of the songs are just flat out crazy good and a few years old, nothing new.
All in all I'm very happy and thank you Lebon for posting 東方Miracle Eurobeat! I'll definitely keep that in mind, nmk is crushing it there.
Looking forward to Vol. 3!
Oh.. and before I forget: AXEL.K PLEASE COME BACK