Giancarlo Pasquini

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Giancarlo Pasquini

Post by Ronald » 22 Dec 2016, 08:52

Last sunday live on Radio Stad Den-Haag, Giancarlo Pasquini

https://youtu.be/cyzpaoIJUGA

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 22 Dec 2016, 17:11

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 22 Dec 2016, 18:42

xiao wrote:★ Interview
Or just 2 questions... :P
xiao wrote:It doesn't really matter [genres] the important thing is that we make a good song.

I think perfect said from the point of view of artist, but not so clear for fans, which select their good songs regarding of the taste.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 22 Dec 2016, 20:22

Crockett wrote:
xiao wrote:It doesn't really matter [genres] the important thing is that we make a good song.

I think perfect said from the point of view of artist, but not so clear for fans, which select their good songs regarding of the taste.
What you are saying now is that you DEMAND an artist to produce a song of your liking. It's really narrow-minded to think this way. A good song is a good song, whether you like it or not. There are a lot of songs that I don't like, but I can say they are good songs in terms of production, lyrics or whatever else.

If you can't hear that, you are a limited person and not able to see past your own 'beliefs'. And if that's the case, I feel sorry for you.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 22 Dec 2016, 21:58

🪐

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 22 Dec 2016, 22:00

SuperEuroJimmy wrote:
Crockett wrote:

What you are saying now is that you DEMAND an artist to produce a song of your liking. It's really narrow-minded to think this way. A good song is a good song, whether you like it or not. There are a lot of songs that I don't like, but I can say they are good songs in terms of production, lyrics or whatever else.

If you can't hear that, you are a limited person and not able to see past your own 'beliefs'. And if that's the case, I feel sorry for you.
Christ man, bad day or what ?

At both I Venti parties we could see natural reaction of fans, how people went away from the stage, even there was sang good music.

I agree with Giancarlo's point of view as more open for anything than Italo community, but in practise how many of fans care of professional quality and what thinks Aleph, if a song doesn't match to their taste?

Some huge misunderstanding here ! Anyway do you force yourself to listen something you don't like because it seems to be objectively "good"?

Italo maniacs prefer even the music made in garage, not exactly in real studio...

Who is limited, maybe Italo lovers escaping before every non-Italo sound?

We know the reality, we can appreciate more, and we try, we want, but I must admit, that big part of fans ignore good music just because... They loose their chance to say "This is indeed nice".

And I'm not a producer that I can judge the technical level.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Dec 2016, 05:33

SuperEuroJimmy wrote:
Crockett wrote:

But who is the one who says if they are good or not. The fans? The deejays who choose which music is good or not? Music is in the ear of the beholder. You can tell me a song from a certain label is good based on production, lyrics or whatever else; like you say...and I might not hear it that way. At the same TIME; I can you another is good based on those same factors and you; might not hear it that way. So who is right and who is wrong? The listener; is the one who chooses what is good or not based on his/her criteria.

The label will always produce music their own way. They might take suggestions, but will never really change their sound 360 degrees. In the end everyone likes what they like and it doesn't mean they are narrow minded.A label might have the best sounding recording studio with the best vocalists and smartest lyrics and one might still not like it; based on his or her own criteria. Its also not about majority. Screw that . Majority doesn't always know best. Just look at today's pop music. :wink:

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 23 Dec 2016, 06:18

🪐

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 23 Dec 2016, 13:45

Good or bad, especially in arts, is so relative… it's kind of stupid to argue over this. :???:

Mainstream X underground would be a better comparison to make. Pasquini's been doing mostly the latter and that's completely fine. He has a huge fanbase and people that will praise him regardless of which works he does from now on. The fact that he told the important thing is to make a good song shows that he's probably on this game for passion.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 23 Dec 2016, 17:40

What makes a production a good production? A clean production? The use of certain production techniques? I don't think so. It's a matter of finding the right imperfections and this is always a hit-or-miss and you will never find the one song everyone likes. One of the musical works that is maybe the closest to perfection in the sense that almost everyone would agree to like it is the last part of Beethoven's 9th symphony, but I'm sure even there you will find some people who dislike it.

Also when I dislike a song, I can, because of my knowledge about musical theory, always completely analyse why this is the case, so this would mean by a certain logic that every song I like is a good song in general and every song I dislike is a bad song. But things aren't that easy of course.

For me the formula is to write music I want to listen to and hopefully some other people will share my taste in music.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 23 Dec 2016, 23:14

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:46, edited 2 times in total.
🪐

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 23 Dec 2016, 23:54

Fear not, MJ vapor is actually a thing :V

and I cannot pick a favorite song from any eurobeat alias :(

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 24 Dec 2016, 00:11

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Dec 2016, 06:17

xiao wrote:
drnrg wrote:Majority doesn't always know best. Just look at today's pop music. :wink:
Avex once asked Nuage/Denise who her favourite artist & inspiration was ... she said Britney Spears.

Evelyn/Futura ~ Dave's wife ... likes the Backstreet Boys.

& I do too. Imagev
Backstreet Boys were 90's. I love Backstreet Boys and N-Sync. Britney Started in 90's. I like her music so long as it doesn't include rappers.