Dave to leave Sunfire?!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Dave to leave Sunfire?!

Post by para_rigby » 16 Jun 2017, 17:22

According to a Dave fan page on FB:

A short and important message from Dave!

"After 5 years of disgrace, Dave leaves Sun Fire and restart with a new label"

It is thought that Sun Fire could continue on without him.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Re: Dave to leave Sunfire?!

Post by Crockett » 16 Jun 2017, 18:22

To remind, both fan pages, as this quoted, as mine A.Beat-C. are supported by fans though, but in wider contact with artist(s).

So from myself I can confirm after chat with Giancarlo Pasquini, that he has nothing to do with Sun Fire anymore. He is ready to establish a new label, just he doesn't know yet when and who might be a new collaborator. The situation is sad for him.

That's all and true. You can share the information.
Last edited by Crockett on 17 Jun 2017, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 16 Jun 2017, 20:22

Maybe his new label will bring back the sounds that made A Beat C great back in its day.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 16 Jun 2017, 20:41

Sun Fire started off great in 2011. Just wish the label would have carried that 'House of Fire' energy with it throughout its run.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 16 Jun 2017, 23:30

Within the life of Sun Fire, only Giancarlo brought the energizing tracks. Evelin Malferrari mostly did synthpop-y-ish tracks boring as hell. So, if Dave leaves SF, then only Malferrari remain and... I don't want her prods on SEB as they are very weak. So, I think that, if Dave leave SF, SF shouldn't be on SEB anymore and I also really hope that the A-Beat-C sound (especially the sound between SEB140 and 200) could make a come back with Giancarlo's new label. Seriously.

And I totally agree with you Bonkers, it started off great but the quality dropped pretty quick.

Also, does that mean Giancarlo will leave Malferrari (as in "divorce")? They only wed, like, last year...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 17 Jun 2017, 01:45

That might probably explain the absence of the label on 243. While they aren't obliged to let us know about internal matters, it would be nice at least for producers to let us in a little on why they are off SEB unlike Eurogrooves, who just simply vanished one day. That being said, Sun Fire remains my favorite label on SEB as they are the only ones who's put out consistent hits (imo) one after another but evidently, I am alone on this sentiment and I guess Pasquini isn't a fan either. :D

Either ways, Pasquini will always be my favorite eurobeat producer of all time, if it's greener pasture he wish to go to, and he probably can work something out with his legacy in Japan, all the best to him, just PLEASE remain on SEB 8)
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 17 Jun 2017, 02:32

WNight, I too enjoy SunFire for the most part. I love Futura's/Ocenia's tracks. But like...Rich Hard's tracks began sounding the same...the tempo in Norma's tracks dropped...duets were hardly done...the energy just dropped.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 17 Jun 2017, 02:59

Like I said on FB, if SF does go away, fill their spot with unreleased A Beat C tracks. Looking at Cheeseman's spreadsheet, there's certainly enough to go around for a bit.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 17 Jun 2017, 07:31

There (maybe) goes my personal most-disliked Eurobeat label. Maybe this is the end of boring tracks by Futura?
I agree with most of Lebons statements here. However, there's a downside for me: Rich Hard, my favorite SF alias, is probably away too. I really liked the style of Rich Hard songs, they were different than usual Eurobeat, but could be sorted as Synthpop though...

The most interesting thing is the choice of words. "5 years of discgrace" sounds really harsh because it's written by someone on SF, not Dave (or he talked about himself in the third person...). I totally agree that the music in general wasn't top Eurobeat - but I'd never go that far to say it was a "disgrace".

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Jun 2017, 10:37

Well if Dave does start a new Eurobeat label; I hope he recruits some of the old school power, like Mega NRG Man, King Kobra(David SRB), Matt Land, Brian Ice, Ken Lazslo maybe even Elena Feretti as Queen Of Times and maybe even Claudio Magnani. He never worked at ABeatC. That would be a new DREAM label. call it DREAMFIRE

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 17 Jun 2017, 11:44

That was another flaw in SunFire: No new vocalists came about from it, except for that one track on 224, and she never returned.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 17 Jun 2017, 15:38

Assuming Dave and other artists who worked with him won't stop, power to them I think.
Here hoping he'll join another label, maybe resurrect another from the past or even create a new one and bring with him Tiranti and Norma <3

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 17 Jun 2017, 15:54

KiraTM wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 07:31 There (maybe) goes my personal most-disliked Eurobeat label. Maybe this is the end of boring tracks by Futura?
I agree with most of Lebons statements here. However, there's a downside for me: Rich Hard, my favorite SF alias, is probably away too. I really liked the style of Rich Hard songs, they were different than usual Eurobeat, but could be sorted as Synthpop though...

The most interesting thing is the choice of words. "5 years of discgrace" sounds really harsh because it's written by someone on SF, not Dave (or he talked about himself in the third person...). I totally agree that the music in general wasn't top Eurobeat - but I'd never go that far to say it was a "disgrace".
The admin of the FB page I saw the quote from said it was a direct quote from Dave.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 17 Jun 2017, 16:25

Last edited by xiao on 14 Jan 2018, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 17 Jun 2017, 16:37

M2-EB wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 15:38Here hoping he'll join another label, maybe resurrect another from the past or even create a new one and bring with him Tiranti and Norma <3
As been clearly said, he is ready to restart with new label.

Giancarlo Pasquini isn't anymore a kind of artist, not on the level of ambition to join to someone's label, in fact lagging behind in relation to his history... As if he couldn't handle... Funny isn't ? Between labels may move vocalists, but I think the producer is looking for a serious permanent own place, until the conditions are enough good.

Can you all imagine Dave Rodgers singing or doing anything for another boss standing over him nowadays in Eurobeat ? Independence = 0. :)

Looks like in this reality we live currently the cooperation in the group of few persons, writing down on one song in one style, is truly impossible, if with same Futura it has became a huge problem.