Super Eurobeat Vol. 244

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 04 Sep 2017, 00:49

Last edited by xiao on 20 Jan 2018, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

magiblot
Eurocurious

Re: Super Eurobeat Vol. 244

Post by magiblot » 04 Sep 2017, 13:52

xiao, what makes you think the 2 month release schedule is uncomfortable for SEB's artists? It also has advantages, such as stability. We should ask them what they are looking for; in any case, if they didn't agree with it, they could broke with Avex at any time. Some already did, but I think it was due to other major reasons.

One of SEB's strongest points is that there is nobody who thinks all songs in an album are excellent, but for each song there are people who like them very much, and this is something you see every day in this community. So, even though our personal opinions on the quality of the releases can be partially objective, they are in essence subjective, and we can't assume we are absolutely right.

What I mean with this is that your sense of 'musical quality' doesn't have to match the majority's and probably will not even match the artists': even if they changed to a pressure-free, open release schedule (and assuming they would be more comfortable doing songs this way), you could find yourself with songs you like less than the ones they do now. Maybe the songs you find 'top-notch' were generic and 'gap-filling' for them. And I'm not trying to discredit your musical taste or opinion: I'm confident in stating this could happen to ANY of us.

In addition, I think the pressure of feeling all of their releases have to be 'very good' is even worse for an artist. SEB guarantees them they won't be rebuked for their 'less inspired' songs. From this point of view, having to release a couple of songs together looks even like a relief. It's less of a stress.

In fact, I would say there can't be good songs without bad ones.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 04 Sep 2017, 18:25

xiao wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 21:23So I think it's a bit unfair to expect a quality song from the Italian studios if Avex & we the fans keep the pressure of 2 month releases. Sometimes a brilliant hit is made in less than a week .. and sometimes a good song will be ready when it's ready.
magiblot wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 13:52what makes you think the 2 month release schedule is uncomfortable for SEB's artists? It also has advantages
Literally, let's not cheat ourselves, more time gives a chance, opportunity to develop a song or made it different. Many of current SEB producers never experienced pressure, rush, multiple tasks, they may consider SEB indeed as a stable, comfortbale additional work.

Moreover let's not cheat that some tracks in the past were sampled, some details of the productions were during months, even years copied, with pressure or without pressure, but for Avex Trax and japanese audience this been acceptable. Others would say that these artists should finish career when it happens.

As a old fashioned fan I think that forging countless songs like in ironworks isn't ambitious and a reason to be proud, and better to stop or do something else. If the problem really is noticeable stagnation or poor contract, one publisher etc.
xiao wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 21:23I was thinking about in church today ~ ♬ 🐦
:D :D :D How priest reacted ?

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 04 Sep 2017, 19:54

Last edited by xiao on 20 Jan 2018, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Sep 2017, 21:35

You know what doesn't make any sense? Back in the day Eurobeat tracks were dished out quicker. SEB at one point was only TIME and AbeatC with one some HRG Attack. That meant producing more songs,in a shorter period of TIME. Now days they get what almost a half year break? I don't have any problem with the quality of Eurobeat now days, except the beaf about the run times. Shorter than 5:00 mins. Other than that; I believe, waiting more than what we do now for Eurobeat vols ,willl just make more people /fans become disinterested in the genre. I say keep em coming.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 04 Sep 2017, 22:39

Last edited by xiao on 20 Jan 2018, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 Sep 2017, 04:22

xiao wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 22:39
drnrg wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 21:35Other than that; I believe, waiting more than what we do now for Eurobeat vols ,willl just make more people /fans become disinterested in the genre. I say keep em coming.
True ~ my only problem with SEB nowadays is that Avex still refuses to sell their back-catalogue of songs online in lossless. Especially their extended and HT tracks. It's as easy as Bandcamp/Juno, but yeah no money there. Image

Other than that I wish we had more variety in vocalists & producers. Deemo's track on 244 was perfect!Except for the vocalist that sounded like an apathetic version of Luca. I wish the singer would've been Luca or Dejo, they would've nailed that song!♩

.. actually Deemo kind of sounds like Nick Festari sans chipmunk singing .. hmm ~ 🤔
maybe we will get those once the series comes to a close, as I'm pretty sure AVEX will want to milk off Eurobeat even when SEB is done. Releasing those unreleased gems in extended on CD, would a perfect way to do that, and keep selling discs. :wink:

Deemo sounds way better singing in Italo fashion. I guess they had to hype up his vocals for the track. It was one of the faster sounding songs,this year.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 05 Sep 2017, 18:24

drnrg wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 21:35 You know what doesn't make any sense? Back in the day Eurobeat tracks were dished out quicker. SEB at one point was only TIME and AbeatC with one some HRG Attack. That meant producing more songs,in a shorter period of TIME. Now days they get what almost a half year break? I don't have any problem with the quality of Eurobeat now days, except the beaf about the run times. Shorter than 5:00 mins. Other than that; I believe, waiting more than what we do now for Eurobeat vols ,willl just make more people /fans become disinterested in the genre. I say keep em coming.
Yeah, back in the day the studios were like...well, like Factory Teams! :D They used to jam out song after song and in my opinion the quality of the songs were higher than ever.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Sep 2017, 00:22

I received my copy today and, well, I will review once, well, I'm done all my CDs LOL.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Sep 2017, 21:14

★ ★ ★ = 3
★ ★ ★ ½ = 3.5
Max 5 points.

01 - Louise - Gimme Some Lovin' (Hi-NRG Attack)
★ ★ ½
Like I've mentionned before, this is so underwhelming for an opener it's not even funny. The vocals are OK-ish I guess? Boring riff.

02 - Deemo - The Spirit Of The Night (Delta)
★ ★ ★ ★ ★¾
Amazing vocal performance, amazing energy. The Robertos are on fire already.

03 - Ace - Turn Me On (SCP)
★ ★ ★
Heh. Unimpressed. The melody is good throughout by Christian is just unimpressive. Can I have another "The Power Of Sound" already?

04 - Ana & LOL - Jump Into The Yellow (SinclaireStyle)
★★★½
This song's production is all over the place. I can appreciate the verse & bridge. However, that chorus is really umimpressive and it kinda kills the song.

05 - Pimky - Give A Stop To Mind Burnouts (Delta)
★★★★½
FEATURED LENGTH! EXTENDED VERSION! That alone is a huge plus. I love the build up the intro gives. Riff is pretty good. But what makes the song is the bridge. So good. The Robertos are really on fire.

06 - Nick Festari - Tiger Mask (Delta)
★★★★★ + 9000
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!! This song is fucking amazing. I don't care how drowned Nick's vocals are, it's just too fucking catchy. Song of the year candidate and one of the best songs I've heard in a VERY long time.

HAI HAI TIGER, HAI HAI TIGER HAI!

07 - Stephy Martin - Time Goes By (Dima)
★★
OK, the intro wants to make this song epic as hell but just falls short the minute the riff starts.

08 - Black Eva - Put An Arrow (Hi-NRG Attack)
★★★★
This is such a much better song compared to "Gimme Some Lovin'"; why wasn't this the opener?! I like those warped vocals a lot lol.

09 - Dream Fighters - Don't Wanna Love You Tonight (Dima)
★★
Again with the epic intro not delivering anything......

10 - Bliss - Unforgettable Unbelievable (SCP)
★★★½
I like the vocals in the verse and bridge I guess? Kinda saves the song because it's very very very underwhelming...

11 - Manuel - A Bit Of Eurobeat (Go Go's Music)
★★½
I'm trying really hard to like Manuel compositions... The chorus is good. AND FOR ONCE THE LYRICS AREN'T ABOUT SEX. And that's about it... :\

12 - Lilly - You Spend My Money Round (Hi-NRG Attack)
★★★
Not saying this is a bit song but... I've this song 15 times over. Exact same sounds, formula, etc. It's tiring.

13 - Chai & Roberta - Gallop (SinclaireStyle)
★★★
Bonus point for the galloping bass? Otherwise, I think I like "Jump In The Yellow" better.

14 - Lou Master - Rockin' On The Highway (SCP)
★★★★
SCP has been real dull this album not gonna lie. At least Lou Master's here with more energy.

15 - Kaioh & Domino - King Of The Road (Go Go's Music)
★★★★★ + 9000!!
OOOOOOOOOH BOY! DUDE! This is some reaaaaaaaaaaaaal good stuff! That riff is real rocking. The energy, the guitar solo... THE BPM is all there for a freaking amazing track!

Overall, very very very very underwhelming compilation... Wouldn't recommand unless you are ready to fork 50$CAD for the Delta tracks and Kaioh & Domino's tracks.

Overall: ★★½

Top 3:
Tiger Mask / Nick Festari
King of The Road / Kaioh & Domino
The Spirit Of The Night / Deemo

3 Honorable Mentions:
Give A Stop To Mind Burnouts / Pimky
Rockin' On The Highway / Lou Master
Put An Arrow / Black Eva

Bottom 3:
Gimme Some Lovin' / Louise
Time Goes By / Stephy Martin
Don't Wanna Love You Tonight / Dream Fighters
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 18 Sep 2017, 21:36

Last edited by xiao on 20 Jan 2018, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Sep 2017, 05:54

SCP needs to bring back Jay lehr and extendeds tracks. This is the compilation where DELTA shows the importance of a proper extended. Cut and paste jobs, not need apply.

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 19 Sep 2017, 14:33

There's enough free space on the disc to let SCP have extendeds. But what about Go Go's Music ? Then it will be the only label with radio version...
For that, avex need to change their politic to adopt a "queue" strategy.
What I want to say is that avex select how many songs a label will have on a SEB release then they take the n oldest songs of the label from their drawer. Like this, no more unreleased.
Why not from 251 add a second disc like 174-186 with every unreleased ? That's a shame producers, writers and singers have worked hard on their productions and avex is not releasing them.
Last edited by Rain197 on 19 Sep 2017, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 19 Sep 2017, 15:46

Here's a thought: Are the labels only creating 2-3 tracks? You would think a label would dish out multiple tracks, let Avex pick their favorites of the batch, and then the label release the rest on mp3 sites to buy...but then again, we fall into the contract issue. But it seems only the tracks picked by Avex should be the ones "withheld" from mp3 sites, and the rest are fair game. We'd have a lot more eurobeat if that was possible.

dr.gabriel
Verified Account

Post by dr.gabriel » 20 Sep 2017, 13:29

Lebon14
06 - Nick Festari - Tiger Mask (Delta)
★★★★★ + 9000
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!! This song is fucking amazing. I don't care how drowned Nick's vocals are, it's just too fucking catchy. Song of the year candidate and one of the best songs I've heard in a VERY long time.

HAI HAI TIGER, HAI HAI TIGER HAI!

Hi everyone, I and Roberto are really happy for your comments, both the beautiful and the ugly ones :!: We need some time to "center" the right way to ... be patient please :)
You are helping us grow, thank you!
Now I'm going to Nick, three days ago I closed him in the studio and I have not heard it yet. You will understand if I am now escaping :grin: :grin: :grin: