A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Crockett
Eurobeat Master

A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by Crockett » 29 Sep 2017, 15:50

Please deny if any of my 4 pictures is totally untrue. They are sarcastic and contain negative associations. Not sure why in your country Eurobeat is unknown or badly judged and more and more was isolated and avoided ?

1. Fortune has been spent to equip the studios. What result for the sound in the last decade ? If somebody hears better, enough good music only since a musicians help themselves unlimited computer software and advanced devices, but has no idea how to improve the creation more manually by solid analog, limited somehow devices - it becomes out of any art and taste.

People still need the art, reactivation of former music, that's why Eurobeat had never chance to be appreciated widely in Europe. People can't understand Eurobeat way following Japan, why artists moved to Japan for money and fame and forgot their roots.

The simpler Eurobeat, influenced previously successful trends - the sale and popularity was greater. Fully computerized as we can see doesn't urge producers to real evolution, all about to gain overloaded song because the program offers so much. What has been reached since then ? Facebook likes.

2. Avex Trax uses the website to choose models on art covers. Then permanent graphic designer adds several color strips. Talented designer with crayons who prepares manually every image costs. Avex Trax doesn't require details, earns, not invest.

3. Reading some statements seems like any artist who left Eurobeat scene and doesn’t want to compose it anymore hasn’t passion or is worse musician, although Eurobeat is down currently so why he should participate in ? L. Gelmetti admitted to his opinion on FB and shocked a few fans. Now probably a guy who is the pioneer will be next without “passion”. The word “passion” is overrated.

Good dance music will be played and enjoyed on the dancefloor, unfortunately Eurobeat has became the background for anime, monthly ParaPara events, slot games and here is proud ? How to expect serious handling if people outside of Japan associate Eurobeat with these things, not with Stock Aitken Waterman, Mauro Farina or Dave Rodgers projects and style ?

4. Any person by his behavior represents his place of work and a company he belongs to, also by dress code. Eurobeat isn’t already work, nobody visits studios. Social media rules, easygoing artists may feel like at home, not as representatives.
Last edited by Crockett on 30 Sep 2017, 20:28, edited 2 times in total.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by para_rigby » 29 Sep 2017, 17:15

I think the biggest point you miss in all of this is how the genre and society have evolved. Society is less formal in wear when it comes to the dress code. If SEB isn't selling a lot these days, there's really not a point to shoot original models when there's expense there. Besides horrible Nazi memes, we really should be happy when media uses eurobeat.

I get where you come from with your opinions with how things used to be, but I think it's not fair to keep doing so when those opinions are quite antiquated against how things are now.

I respect the history of eurobeat but I also respect the recent and the future. I feel that you really just want to dump on the present for its own sake.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 29 Sep 2017, 17:26

Believe me, I'm sarcastic, critical, miss the good times, but not against...
Crockett wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 15:50People can't understand Eurobeat way following Japan, why artists moved to Japan for money and fame and forgot their roots.
I'm the closest to this point of view.
para_rigby wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 17:15I respect the history of eurobeat but I also respect the recent and the future. I feel that you really just want to dump on the present for its own sake.
Would you not wish that Eurobeat remain or back on the previous way from my comparisons ? Surely nothing wouldn't disturb you in it...
Last edited by Crockett on 29 Sep 2017, 17:36, edited 2 times in total.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 29 Sep 2017, 17:30

I like the direction that eurobeat has gone over the years and what it'll be in years to come.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 29 Sep 2017, 17:35

I also get the strong sense of you acting like old conservative politicians who long for long lost times and refuse to move to the present. And while things might have been 'better' in the past, it's useless to portray the present as something that it really isn't. Or well to you it does apparently seem like so, but it doesn't appear the same way for all of us. And as I've stated before, it all seems like acting all high and mighty, with others who don't have the same viewpoint as being... well dumb, meek, inferior...

I personally just feel like you are enforcing your view on others, while I would just let things slide and accept that people view the world in different ways.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 29 Sep 2017, 17:53

Yes. Everyone is titled to an opinion but it's hard to understand an opinion that isn't really grounded. We have accept what the genre was, is, and will be. I think your paramount argument of old vs. new is that your view of new isn't really what it is. Styles and sounds of the genre have had to evolve or it could have been dead much longer ago. You can bet your ass that things like Initial D or parapara have given birth to more fans of eurobeat than anything else. That exposure was needed to keep the genre alive. I for one will take it. And I'm also glad there are musicians who take the time on social media to listen to fans. Something like that wasn't possible in the early days of eurobeat. I am proud that Nick Festari and Bratt Sinclaire talk with fans about music. It makes us feel special and involved in their productions.

And this thread should be "serious opinions", boy "serious facts". Facts are truths accepted by most. Opinions can be of a minority.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 29 Sep 2017, 18:06

Eurobeat awarded by gold or platinum disc for best song or album of the year, releases with printed funny, curious, partly handmade images, elegant, stylish artists who remember where they are come from and how to do a song warming up the dancefloor - isn't "antiquated". This is perfect dance music, characteristic once for Eurobeat. ;)

It's nice to care about future, however vegetation or future are the methods which Eurobeat is produced currently by machines without thinking how to develop it ? You guys sometimes are bored too, right ?

Eurobeat extremely has became a merchandise from the factory production line. Even japanese lost the interest significantly. They recognize often only models and stage performers, not studio staff.

Neither fans and artists aren't obligated to keep calm due to community who still appreciate new stuff, probably minority.

I share my feelings exactly where the most of people think different to give you some contrast.
Last edited by Crockett on 30 Sep 2017, 20:48, edited 2 times in total.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 29 Sep 2017, 18:18

You are insisting on the very topic that was already pointed out a few times.... People disagree with you on the current state of the genre. Evolution and adaptation to the current times is what has made eurobeat what it is today. And I alongside others think it's good that we've come where we currently are with eurobeat.

If you start comparing the past and the preset, you can't even with a semi-straight face claim that things were all sunshine and rainbows in the past. Naturally not everything produced these days is awesome, but honestly, neither was it back in the day. The "golden days" of eurobeat had a huge load of totally unrelevant or boring material as well. To me the past was more repetitive than what it currently is. Yet I respect and value the highs of those times, but the lows were really low.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 29 Sep 2017, 18:36

Bore wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 18:18People disagree with you on the current state of the genre.
Remember that about Eurobeat future will decide the japanese market as usual, publisher and the number of involved yet producers, both mine and your opinions from Europe or USA never been and never will be decisive. How long do you count on older generation artists ?
Bore wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 18:18Naturally not everything produced these days is awesome, but honestly, neither was it back in the day. The "golden days" of eurobeat had a huge load of totally unrelevant or boring material as well.
para_rigby wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 17:53Styles and sounds of the genre have had to evolve or it could have been dead much longer ago. You can bet your ass that things like Initial D or parapara have given birth to more fans of eurobeat than anything else. That exposure was needed to keep the genre alive.
You exactly reached the main conclusion. People adapted to new trends or refused them and stayed with their favorite music. That's why in Europe they are always so happy of any reborn past project.

Eurobeat is wholesale product, I accept this, so many forces been engaged, thousands titles recorded, but in the final summary appear the words like above...

What for make thousands tracks if several will be hits, hundreds seasonal known, and after 25 years new generation fans will say they were boring ? Still newer Eurobeat remains much underground with poor sale, former not. In Europe totally strange genre which recalls only earning Yen, no passion, I regret of course.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 29 Sep 2017, 21:29

Italo Disco, older Eurobeat and japanese fans are incredibly sentimental, as long as they live they will play over and over the music once released, which never is outdated, not replaced by news.

They pay fortune for CDs, vinyls. I can't mention any spent money for buying beloved music, because people who can't, more important, who don't want to pay, feel bad...

I'm curious what will happen when fans with exclusive pressure on delivery regular news would lose SEB... I hope the same what oldies listeners.

Please guys don't react allergic on any opposite opinions on this forum.

Producer talks about Eurobeat in english with minority of international fans who much more often don't purchase records learned to get all for free on the web, but rarely can speak with japanese where SEB is on traditional sale the most. It's not revolution.

Not all first time seen the artists on FB... ;) We haven't attended the events and read magazines. Internet contact killed these feelings, you can laugh because you couldn't experience. Who without FB supported the genre will continue like before, if he still appreciate the sound. Again, high technique, virtual contact isn't any solution to keep loyality as evolution towards computers and moving to ParaPara etc.

Everybody takes what he wants as long as he wants and he is a great lover also not interested news and having realistic look that such evolution isn't so positive - as my images show. Someone who stopped composing was aware that it goes to nowhere, simple.

Thanks.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 30 Sep 2017, 15:51

Bore wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 17:35I also get the strong sense of you acting like old conservative politicians who long for long lost times and refuse to move to the present.
World, people, habits, values, fashion, music are changing.

You don't need to be conservative, but not blind. Many of these changes destroyed a lot good things in humans and our environment.

This topic is "controversial" here because 99.9% of members never experienced reality of Eurobeat I shown. Seemingly the present seems cool then.

My thread can be only upset for people who really don't want or can't see any disquieting turn in electronic music especially in Eurobeat.

Such things like music or fashion absolutely don't have to be accepted and have nothing to do with moving to nowadays. It's not about being "rebel" but remain sober perspective and own independent standpoint.

In boutiques more and more clothes in male section look the same currently as in female section ! You can meet memes about that. Should I follow the fashion where a man doesn't look anymore like real man ? Evolution and fantastic modern world ? For one still fashion indeed, for others shame and death of taste.

If something is almost perfect the most possible that will change for worse later.

Eurobeat rescuing itself by japanese pop culture can't be positive for all who knew and prefer serious artists and great popularity of this genre only thanks to ambitious melodic sound and style variations.

It's pretty obvious that a CD includes 7 "micro labels" where very few of the greatest artists still produce isn't a treasure and expected feast for the soul.

I can post only in today's tune topic if we start censorship here. ;)

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 30 Sep 2017, 16:08

What I just don't get is, why do you feel you need to shove this ideology, or idea down everyone's throat when you can clearly see people disagree on the subject? It's not making for much of a conversation when it's obviously a matter of perspective more than anything else.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 30 Sep 2017, 16:15

Bore wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 16:08 What I just don't get is, why do you feel you need to shove this ideology, or idea down everyone's throat when you can clearly see people disagree on the subject? It's not making for much of a conversation when it's obviously a matter of perspective more than anything else.
I will correct my attitude, yes, in community of this forum it's pointless, no discussion, no agreement, no conclusions, no attempts to realize what I mean, emotions and unnecessary wasting of time, just let's try to not ignore ourselves on both sides. :)
Last edited by Crockett on 30 Sep 2017, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 30 Sep 2017, 20:04

I'm not sure if there is a relationship between the production techniques and popularity. I personally feel the songs created with older techiniques sound better, but that's probably because I am old school. Some of the songs with new techniques sound good to me as well. I think decline of popularity has some other causes.

In the early days, eurobeat was far more popular. Not just somewhat more popular or 10 times more popular than today. King Kong - Boom Boom Dollar for instance sold millions and millions of records. I think Dave Rodgers TMN style also sold well too (I don't know how many). This is such a big difference compared to current SEB, I think most people here can't even imagine. Apparently most of those fans got bored, had enough songs, didn't like the direction of music or for whatever reason stopped listening to newer eurobeat.

Only most loyal and dedicated fans kept buying and listening to eurobeat, along with the new fans. But the fanbase is very small. I don't expect it to grow, just because of the fact that eurobeat is old. Most young people don't wish to listen to or be associated with a music style their parents or even grandparents used to listen to.

I don't think Crockett's comparisons are far off, but I think it is just the way it is. Small fanbase, no money for sleeve design. Small fanbase, no big crowd to be proud of. Just the reason for lower popularity might be different.

However, I wish producers would create less stuffed songs once in a while. That would be nice for a change.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 01 Oct 2017, 06:34

Last edited by xiao on 20 Jan 2018, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
🪐