Regarding Super Eurobeat 250

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
vinyl12
Eurocurious

Re: Regarding Super Eurobeat 250

Post by vinyl12 » 03 Mar 2018, 06:34

A japanese monthly magazine Nikkei Entertainment issued an interview with DJ BOSS regarding SEB series. I can't clarify this, but some Japanese people on Twitter who read the interview said that it was mentioned that Avex is considering about including songs made by Japanese producers after SEB 250.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Mar 2018, 08:10

vinyl12 wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 06:34 A japanese monthly magazine Nikkei Entertainment issued an interview with DJ BOSS regarding SEB series. I can't clarify this, but some Japanese people on Twitter who read the interview said that it was mentioned that Avex is considering about including songs made by Japanese producers after SEB 250.
Waitwaitwaitwait... are you telling us that SEB is not ending but only changes content?
I dunno man. I need to see it to believe it at this point.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 03 Mar 2018, 08:55

Lebon14 wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 08:10Waitwaitwaitwait... are you telling us that SEB is not ending but only changes content?
I dunno man. I need to see it to believe it at this point.
Maybe a sequel to SEB just under a different name starting off at Vol. 1?

BBi
Bad Bad Bad

Post by BBi » 03 Mar 2018, 09:04

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 03 Mar 2018, 16:09

vinyl12 wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 06:34 A japanese monthly magazine Nikkei Entertainment issued an interview with DJ BOSS regarding SEB series. I can't clarify this, but some Japanese people on Twitter who read the interview said that it was mentioned that Avex is considering about including songs made by Japanese producers after SEB 250.
There is nothing more than these sentences (translated by a japanese friend, but the accurate meaning is sometimes impossible to reach):

"Release Vol. 250 in August"

"Avex is strengthening promotions targeting young generation, such as utilizing SNS."

"With regard to S.E.B. Vol. 250 and beyond, we are also considering recording of songs made by Japanese people."

"Avex's challenge to aim for a new euro beat boom will continue."

Alternative meaning:

SEB might be continued with different content than before.
Last edited by Crockett on 04 Mar 2018, 01:15, edited 3 times in total.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 03 Mar 2018, 16:40

Targeting a new Eurobeat boom could have been reached by, well... decent marketing without ending the series?
Last edited by KiraTM on 04 Mar 2018, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 03 Mar 2018, 23:50

KiraTM wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 16:40 Targeting a new Eurobeat boom could have be reached by, well... >>>decent marketing without ending the series?<<<
Praise Jesus and his words.

skibblesx
Euro To B

Post by skibblesx » 07 Mar 2018, 12:13

i feel like they'll pull a gazen para -> chozen para transition where not much will change LOL

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 07 Mar 2018, 16:24

Another “let's change the music and keep the marketing as it is“? Cool!

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 07 Mar 2018, 18:43

I was reading Sato's blog and SEB249 will be from 170 to 200 (error ? I think it will be 161-200)
The songs will be selected by art and 7A but we don't know the DJ. He's thinking of B4 Za Beat and New Generation.
But what about S.K. Factory, 9LoveJ, DJ Gun, DJ Shu, Amkulade ?

As we can read on the back of SEB247 "History of SEB", we can think the 250 will be from 201 to 250:
247: 1-100
248: 101-160
249: 161-200
250: 201-250 ?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Apr 2018, 02:48

EDIT: Same article than the magazine article mentionned above; just made available to general public.

So, this appeared on my Twitter feed today:
https://style.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO ... 10C1000000

Google Translate:
"Eurobeat" CD, What is 250 popularity recurring?"

A compilation album "SUPER EUROBEAT" series (hereinafter "SEB") which collected pieces of music of Eurobeat, a genre of dance music, has been released since the release of "VOL.1" in 1990, and this "Vol. 247 "released. It is planned to reach 250th in the month of August. In the late 1980s, the popularity of the disco and the boom of Eurobeat has occurred, but recently the number of fans of the young generation is beginning to increase.

The red line shows the image of the boom rising

Eurobeat is a kind of dance music. In the late 1980s, songs produced in Europe gained popularity in Japanese disco, and since then, they have evolved independently in Japan with close relationship with "Parapara" where everyone dances with the same choreography. At the time of the release of "VOL.1" in 1990, the middle of the first parapara boom. It is the beginning of "SEB" that Mr. Katsuhito Matsuura, President of Avex, requested Italian creators "Songs that match the epidemic of Japan".

About 2000, Parapara came to the "third boom", and "VOL.100" and "VOL.110" of "SEB" achieved sales of 700,000 copies. However, "It is a boom triggered by sluggishness" and "SEB" producer DJ BOSS analyzes. "The number of songs that the difficult choreography and tempo are fast and I can not easily dance has increased, and I became" maniac. " Also, some people had an image that "Parapara is out of date" due to the reaction of the boom. Poppara population has decreased, and "SEB" sales also declined. In December 2000, we began considering including abolition, we reduced the number of releases per month to 1 per month and the number of tracks we have reduced from 18 to 15.

However, recently, it is said that signs that the tide is likely to change can be seen. Fans of young generation who do not know the tertiary boom are starting to increase. The number of young people coming to the event of Disco tends to increase. Avex enhances promotion aimed at this, such as using SNS. Also on February 28, the idol group フェアリーズ (Fairies) released a single "HEY HEY ~ Light Me Up" covering Eurobeat songs. The choreography of the song is taken care of by choreographer akane at Tomioka High School Dance Department that gathered the topic in "Babylon Dance". First of all, it's a strategy to get to know the pleasure of dancing to the eurobeat.

According to DJ BOSS, after "VOL.250", he is also considering recording Japanese production music. With a major milestone for the 250th release scheduled for August, there will be a possibility that the popularity will reignite as the limelight comes again to the Eurobeat.

(insert pic of DJ Boss and SEB 247 cover here)
Dated: April 17, 2018

Some edits by me.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

johnjohnjohnnycake
Eurocurious

Post by johnjohnjohnnycake » 20 Jul 2018, 14:02

Lebon14 wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 02:48 EDIT: Same article than the magazine article mentionned above; just made available to general public.

So, this appeared on my Twitter feed today:
https://style.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO ... 10C1000000

Google Translate:
"Eurobeat" CD, What is 250 popularity recurring?"

A compilation album "SUPER EUROBEAT" series (hereinafter "SEB") which collected pieces of music of Eurobeat, a genre of dance music, has been released since the release of "VOL.1" in 1990, and this "Vol. 247 "released. It is planned to reach 250th in the month of August. In the late 1980s, the popularity of the disco and the boom of Eurobeat has occurred, but recently the number of fans of the young generation is beginning to increase.

The red line shows the image of the boom rising

Eurobeat is a kind of dance music. In the late 1980s, songs produced in Europe gained popularity in Japanese disco, and since then, they have evolved independently in Japan with close relationship with "Parapara" where everyone dances with the same choreography. At the time of the release of "VOL.1" in 1990, the middle of the first parapara boom. It is the beginning of "SEB" that Mr. Katsuhito Matsuura, President of Avex, requested Italian creators "Songs that match the epidemic of Japan".

About 2000, Parapara came to the "third boom", and "VOL.100" and "VOL.110" of "SEB" achieved sales of 700,000 copies. However, "It is a boom triggered by sluggishness" and "SEB" producer DJ BOSS analyzes. "The number of songs that the difficult choreography and tempo are fast and I can not easily dance has increased, and I became" maniac. " Also, some people had an image that "Parapara is out of date" due to the reaction of the boom. Poppara population has decreased, and "SEB" sales also declined. In December 2000, we began considering including abolition, we reduced the number of releases per month to 1 per month and the number of tracks we have reduced from 18 to 15.

However, recently, it is said that signs that the tide is likely to change can be seen. Fans of young generation who do not know the tertiary boom are starting to increase. The number of young people coming to the event of Disco tends to increase. Avex enhances promotion aimed at this, such as using SNS. Also on February 28, the idol group フェアリーズ (Fairies) released a single "HEY HEY ~ Light Me Up" covering Eurobeat songs. The choreography of the song is taken care of by choreographer akane at Tomioka High School Dance Department that gathered the topic in "Babylon Dance". First of all, it's a strategy to get to know the pleasure of dancing to the eurobeat.

According to DJ BOSS, after "VOL.250", he is also considering recording Japanese production music. With a major milestone for the 250th release scheduled for August, there will be a possibility that the popularity will reignite as the limelight comes again to the Eurobeat.

(insert pic of DJ Boss and SEB 247 cover here)
Dated: April 17, 2018

Some edits by me.
So...what that article is saying is that Eurobeat is gaining popularity again and won't die again? Forgive me if I'm wrong, what did I miss?
Light My Fire baby Tonight
You drive me crazy and I really love you baby tonight
Holdin me tight
You've got me so good

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Jul 2018, 21:39

johnjohnjohnnycake wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 14:02 So...what that article is saying is that Eurobeat is gaining popularity again and won't die again? Forgive me if I'm wrong, what did I miss?
That's what it says. Except it's regaining popularity using remixed cult classics and not on brand new material.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!