Random Eurobeat Thoughts

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Re: Random Eurobeat Thoughts

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 10 Jan 2018, 20:49

Crockett, please don't keep that going here. We already agreed that your opinion is different from some others. There's no need to keep calling other out on that. People enjoy eurobeat in their own ways. No way is right or wrong. If you've got nothing to really contribute to the thread you're posting in, don't post there.

There is no degree in liking eurobeat more or less than others. I really appreciate the work you're doing on digging up old anecdotes, but you have to accept that there are people that don't attach any value to that and only want to hear Gas Gas Gas and Deja Vu because that's what they like. You won't be able to compare yourself to those kind of fans, and that's perfectly fine.

I too think it's a shame that people are 'fans', but don't know any artists except for Dave Rodgers and Initial D (yes, some think that's an artist name). But those people aren't on this forum. People here probably have some actual CDs in their collection if their personal situation allows that. People here know the difference between Hi NRG Attack and SCP. People here aren't just here to post memes. So once again, no need to repeat the message you're trying to send here.

Everyone expresses their fandom in their own way. Like I said, I really appreciate your work, but I can also have a laugh with the memes M2-EB posts. To me, it's all good times. Eurobeat at the moment is dying, and fans being negative towards eachother won't help it continue.

Spoiler: there are actually talks to keep eurobeat going, even without Avex. Negativity won't support that, and might even make artists say 'screw that, the fans aren't worth it'. So please, be nice and accept people are different. Different from you, different from me.

If you feel you want to talk about this topic more, you are always free to send me a message. You know where to find me.

OK, back to the topic. Whoever thinks they can reply to this will have their reply removed. Ok, thanks.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 10 Jan 2018, 21:44

Also, random eurobeat thoughts;

I wonder if sales would be awesomely awesome if SEB (or something like that) would go digital worldwide...

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 10 Jan 2018, 21:49

SuperEuroJimmy wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 21:44I wonder if sales would be awesomely awesome if SEB (or something like that) would go digital worldwide...
That would make a difference but I think the way to go is to also advertise for it worldwide.
I might be wrong here but I think that eurobeat is (still/now/?) widely unknown in many parts of europe and america (putting memes aside here).
If I turn on my car's radio all I hear is nothing remotely related to the sound or melody of eurobeat.

You need to draw people's attention and make it available for them so they can get their digital/physical copies.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 10 Jan 2018, 22:50

Who do we think will keep producing after SEB ends? I think Sinclaire, the Robertos, Dave, HO NRG Attack, and possibly maybe SCP.

I think whoever wants to stick around needs to create their own compilation series to be released digitally.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 11 Jan 2018, 03:34

Last edited by xiao on 23 Jan 2018, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 11 Jan 2018, 07:13

SuperEuroJimmy wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 21:44 Also, random eurobeat thoughts;

I wonder if sales would be awesomely awesome if SEB (or something like that) would go digital worldwide...
From just making it available, sales will not increase significantly. But with the right promotion, I have no doubts that Eurobeat could become a thing, even commercially. Eurobeat fans are quite devoted, I experience that every day with my own music.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 11 Jan 2018, 10:36

para_rigby wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 22:50 Who do we think will keep producing after SEB ends? I think Sinclaire, the Robertos, Dave, HO NRG Attack, and possibly maybe SCP.

I think whoever wants to stick around needs to create their own compilation series to be released digitally.
I do not believe Giancarlo and SCP will continue much long after the conclusion of SEB.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 12 Jan 2018, 00:51

I think Dave will return to the current Italo sound that's going around on the ZXY label of CDs

I can see Hi-NRG Attk & SS producing a few tracks here and there.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 12 Jan 2018, 04:33

Here's another thought...What's going to happen to us? We will keep meeting on here? Some are you are friends on FB, but hopefully, our little community on here will strive on after 250.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 14 Jan 2018, 06:23

My new though: Eurobeat mastering

I don't understand why the mastering is so cloudy on tracks; it's the ONLY genre of EDM I've come across which such horrible mastering. Is it the labels? or Avex? or Both? On some SEBs, the tracks can sound so crystal clear. On others, it's horrible. Even tracks from the same label can have one track sounding clear, with the other track sounding foggy on the same CD. So are the producers/engineers just not trained well on the labels, or is someone at Avex just bad at mastering?

FinlandjinM
Bad Bad Bad

Post by FinlandjinM » 14 Jan 2018, 14:29

Here's a random thought: when you listen to a new CD, how many times does it take to listen to it through before you have a clear understanding if it's good or not?

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 14 Jan 2018, 15:10

Bonkers wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 06:23 My new though: Eurobeat mastering

I don't understand why the mastering is so cloudy on tracks; it's the ONLY genre of EDM I've come across which such horrible mastering. Is it the labels? or Avex? or Both? On some SEBs, the tracks can sound so crystal clear. On others, it's horrible. Even tracks from the same label can have one track sounding clear, with the other track sounding foggy on the same CD. So are the producers/engineers just not trained well on the labels, or is someone at Avex just bad at mastering?
I think the producers have said it is more of Avex’s doing.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 14 Jan 2018, 16:00

Bonkers wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 04:33 Here's another thought...What's going to happen to us? We will keep meeting on here? Some are you are friends on FB, but hopefully, our little community on here will strive on after 250.
I don't think this forum is copletely dependent of SEB. Look back at the recent years. I think the community will remain active even without SEB threads. Maybe there will be a focus on another Eurobeat series, single releases, ...?

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 14 Jan 2018, 21:48

Disney should buy Avex or Super Eurobeat serie and then eurobeat will hit the roof!

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 14 Jan 2018, 21:51

Danko wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 21:48 Disney should buy Avex or Super Eurobeat serie and then eurobeat will hit the roof!

youtu.be/xT1ZShf_6gc
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open