Random Eurobeat Thoughts

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: Random Eurobeat Thoughts

Post by alpines » 14 Jan 2018, 22:16

Danko wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 21:48 Disney should buy Avex or Super Eurobeat serie and then eurobeat will hit the roof!
Please no. All good things must come to an end.
Eurobeat won't be forgotten once SEB is finished but something new will take its place.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Jan 2018, 00:39

Bonkers wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 06:23 My new though: Eurobeat mastering

I don't understand why the mastering is so cloudy on tracks; it's the ONLY genre of EDM I've come across which such horrible mastering. Is it the labels? or Avex? or Both? On some SEBs, the tracks can sound so crystal clear. On others, it's horrible. Even tracks from the same label can have one track sounding clear, with the other track sounding foggy on the same CD. So are the producers/engineers just not trained well on the labels, or is someone at Avex just bad at mastering?
Other genre tend to have a cult following for vinyls and it's produced, generally, with that in mind. However, most of current Eurobeat listeners, dropped out of vinyls. Only those that were there since the beginnings (late 80's, early 90's) would still prefer to have eurobeat on vinyl. So, because of that, mastering took a dump.

From personal experience, only Capaldi/Rizzi/Moroni Delta cares enough to create eurobeat that is not loud to an extent. Hi-NRG Attack, these days, has very decent mastering; they have a nice middle ground. As you know, Asia is the worst offender these days. SCP and Go Go's always had that middle ground mastering afaik. SinclaireStyle used to have pretty bad loudness mastering (see: Passport To Dance) and it's better now but they're no angels. I can't say for Dima though as I never seen their pre-Avex mastering.

But, in the end, Avex decides the overall mastering and will brick songs for the sake of consistency on the CD.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Morpheus
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Morpheus » 15 Jan 2018, 01:32

I have a feeling that Super Eurobeat Volume 247 will have 15 original songs. ;)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 15 Jan 2018, 01:41

Morpheus wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 01:32 I have a feeling that Super Eurobeat Volume 247 will have 15 original songs. ;)
From the Dance Groove blog...translated to English via Google so...

“The contents of ROAD TO SUPER EUROBEAT VOL. 250,

-
1. Collaboration planning starts from VOL. 247 towards VOL.250.
2. The SEB successive director song selection hits are revived by that remixer team who was in charge of SEB nonstop. (No mention is made as to which team.)
3. VOL.247 is a two-CD non-stop mix. All 60 songs included. It was released February 21, 2018. AVCD-10247 / B (temporary). There is no description of price information.
4. "There is a statement that you are in charge of the start VOL 247 ... CD 2 set nonstop mix !!". VOL.248, 249 is the possibility of different projects? (Not non-stop, etc.)
-”

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Jan 2018, 02:51

Yeah, no. It's confirmed to be 2 non-stop CDs for SEB 247. And it's also confirmed that SEB 246 was the last CD with new songs.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Morpheus
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Morpheus » 15 Jan 2018, 03:01

I have meant to say new songs in Volume 248. ;)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 15 Jan 2018, 03:30

Morpheus wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 03:01 I have meant to say new songs in Volume 248. ;)
Do you know something we don't ???? :mrgreen:

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 15 Jan 2018, 18:21

Not about eurobeat.

I'm really sad about Dolores O'Riordan. So young. I listened to her in my teenage years.
Already hating 2018. :( :(

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 15 Jan 2018, 18:50

sethreed wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 18:21 Not about eurobeat.

I'm really sad about Dolores O'Riordan. So young. I listened to her in my teenage years.
Already hating 2018. :( :(
I was also shocked about that. :(
I remember I played Zombie at my very first concert when I was still a kid.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 16 Jan 2018, 00:29

Morpheus wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 03:01 I have meant to say new songs in Volume 248. ;)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 16 Jan 2018, 12:54

KiraTM wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 16:00
Bonkers wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 04:33 Here's another thought...What's going to happen to us? We will keep meeting on here? Some are you are friends on FB, but hopefully, our little community on here will strive on after 250.
I don't think this forum is copletely dependent of SEB. Look back at the recent years. I think the community will remain active even without SEB threads. Maybe there will be a focus on another Eurobeat series, single releases, ...?
For years now, I've been pondering about what to do with my involment with Eurobeat-Prime. I'm heavily weighing on giving the domain up due to lack of actual commitment and updates. I'm still undecided on what to do, but this is a forewarning that the site might be going awol in the future unless there's someone that wishes to carry on with it. Alternatively, it can also continue. The site is still... what 15 years old now, so it's been a big portion of my life for quite a while.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 16 Jan 2018, 16:05

Even if forums are old-fashioned nowadays, this place is one of my favorites on the web. I'd cry if this domain is getting closed some time.

If there's an oppurtunity for me to help, be it a donation or something else, I'd love to. I'd also offer to modernize the main page, but I don't have the needed PHP skills... However, helping maintaining the site would be only a little problem.
These website and forum are - for me - important places, where I get way more information about Eurobeat than somewhere else.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 16 Jan 2018, 16:39

KiraTM wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 16:05 Even if forums are old-fashioned nowadays, this place is one of my favorites on the web. I'd cry if this domain is getting closed some time.

If there's an oppurtunity for me to help, be it a donation or something else, I'd love to. I'd also offer to modernize the main page, but I don't have the needed PHP skills... However, helping maintaining the site would be only a little problem.
These website and forum are - for me - important places, where I get way more information about Eurobeat than somewhere else.
I could do the programming part, I'm pretty good with Wordpress and Drupal (I'd prefer the latter for such a database though) but someone would have to do the data migration part and another one the design (which I would implement in Drupal then). I can really imagine doing this as a teamwork thing.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 16 Jan 2018, 16:40

Bore wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 12:54For years now, I've been pondering about what to do with my involment with Eurobeat-Prime. I'm heavily weighing on giving the domain up due to lack of actual commitment and updates. I'm still undecided on what to do, but this is a forewarning that the site might be going awol in the future unless there's someone that wishes to carry on with it. Alternatively, it can also continue. The site is still... what 15 years old now, so it's been a big portion of my life for quite a while.
For me, it's the data. The website has a monstruous amount of data. Some of it may or may not be available anywhere else. If anything, just keeping the website on life-support with a notice of "We won't make an effort to correct or add new information to teh database. We are only insuring the website works in order to keep the current data" might just do it. This website has been a huge part of my life; for as long as I'm following eurobeat (end of 2006) and I really don't want to see it go.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 16 Jan 2018, 16:42

Panu, talk to me before you press delete. Plz. :(