Random Eurobeat Thoughts

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 16 Jan 2018, 19:58

Last edited by xiao on 23 Jan 2018, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Bonkers
Euroheater

Re: Random Eurobeat Thoughts

Post by Bonkers » 16 Jan 2018, 20:31

Ya, this website has sooooooo much history information. You should almost sell it to a music museum.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 19 May 2018, 13:06

^ bump

My friend McBazooka told me something very wise one day... he said, You don't have to stop liking other genres just because you like Eurobeat, and vice versa.

I think I finally understood what he meant by that. We, as artists - fans - and life long students of music ~ ♪ should always strive to make the best possible songs, and incorporate everything into what we make.

Every single piece of music is wonderful ~ like the infinite colors of humanity Image
🪐

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 20 May 2018, 14:44

xiao wrote: 19 May 2018, 13:06My friend McBazooka told me something very wise one day... he said, You don't have to stop liking other genres just because you like Eurobeat, and vice versa.

I think I finally understood what he meant by that. We, as artists - fans - and life long students of music ~ ♪ should always strive to make the best possible songs, and incorporate everything into what we make.
For many years of experience since the school times I remember that always been two groups, fans of pop and dance music and fans of rock or metal music who avoided typical fun, parties, dancefloor, the rebels who felt different with their music contained deep lyrics, surrounded mysticism.

Now when I look at the Eurobeat scene I find interesting relationships.

Producers who put significant effort in Eurobeat evolution even they clearly know it's unpopular and unprofitable, today are still quite fresh on the market either they wouldn't play dance music in their personal CD player - they are rock and metal enthusiasts.

Is this also only a coincidence that modern Eurobeat listeners enjoy the sub-genres of metal or another electronic high BPM sub-genres ? They aren't much familiar with traditional disco culture from Italy. Going further they can't truly appreciate and understand anything older including Eurobeat. There are obvious similarities between metal and aggressive Eurobeat for Japan, aren't ?

Vice versa, people who stopped follow more contemporary Eurobeat prefer traditional 80's, 90's events, discotheques, original italian influenced sound.

As usual the exceptions prove the rule...

So of course, you don't have to ignore other genres, however to be a fan of something means you focus on something very much specified.
Last edited by Crockett on 29 Sep 2018, 15:53, edited 3 times in total.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 20 May 2018, 23:54

I think we can draw inspiration from every corner of the music world to create Eurobeat!^^
🪐

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 26 Sep 2018, 05:29

Kind of wanted to bump this thread again to jot down somewhere some random thoughts ..

I love Eurobeat and Pop music, they don't have to compete with each other, like Panu mentioned here. More often than not we find similarities between types & genres, much like how the similarities among human beings goes deeper than skin and nationalities

I rejoice when I hear new music, and make no distinction, to me music is art. And art is a living photograph, like two translucent wings placed on our backs, capable of shooting the human heart above the firmament of the stars
🪐

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 26 Sep 2018, 16:43

xiao wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 05:29I love Eurobeat and Pop music, they don't have to compete with each other
I will share some thoughts because I didn't do that for a long time and it has some reason as well, how I spent this long summer regarding the music and why I'm not talkative here anymore.

1. Don’t be a puppet of commercial competition.

2. Select ambitious electronic music that brings long-lasting, unique elements for the genres, not repeatable schemes.

3. Don’t come up with a justification for every single producer who remains active and perhaps holds his head too high. He must join to weekly/monthly chart and continue his “holy mission” because his wallet becomes empty.

4. If you’re already mature listener try to choose and follow producers who aren’t interested next mainstream trends. Usually they gained more in a short time than “money eaters”.

5. Stop being on the lookout for music only at the other end of the world when around you different artists made good stuff.
Last edited by Crockett on 26 Sep 2018, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 26 Sep 2018, 18:54

1. Enjoying any kind of music doesn't make you a puppet of commercial competition. I too like some mainstream music. It's not my main genre, but there are maybe 10% songs I like. I like supporting music I like, no matter if it's a single by an Italian producer who can't live from the money he gets for this or a famous singer.

2. Eurobeat can be repeatable too, it's pretty much the definition of having the same scheme over and over.

3. I agree with you here.
4. I don't think it's a good idea to close the eyes for other (popular) producers.
5. I'm neutral here. It's okay to follow producers at the other world of the end if they are the only producers I like, since following nearby producers mean you need to like their music first.

I agree with xiao. I don't care about music being famous or not. As long as I like it, the music is worth it to have it in my collection.

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 26 Sep 2018, 20:07

KiraTM wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 18:54I agree with xiao. I don't care about music being famous or not. As long as I like it, the music is worth it to have it in my collection.
Just this and nothing more.

Why would I care if music is famous or sells good/bad? If I like it, then I buy it, period.
There shouldn't be any worry about the artist where he lives or what he does for living or whatever.

As long as the tunes are good, why would I care even remotely about it?

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 26 Sep 2018, 21:54

KiraTM wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 18:54 1. Enjoying any kind of music doesn't make you a puppet of commercial competition.

2. Eurobeat can be repeatable too
To be clear, I simply disagree with obsessive favoritism of the music 8000 kilometers away, where a handful of european producers jumped like marionettes under dictate of Japanese, who have no taste in music, only talent to business.

With help of ambitious and independent genres like Trance I have known most of my life, now I have realized how much wrong really happened. Eurobeat has become repeatable, boring, and a small mainstream fashion in japanese conditions.

Somebody always comes up with a justification that this bunch of italian producers is the best in the world because they continue a "holy duty towards the most underrated genre". All about to find a substitute explanation why a mature, experienced producer can't stop making Eurobeat and focus on something else. Even the reason is rather obvious - they are burned out and count on certain money from Japan.

Other producers mostly retired in age 40-50th and they are far more illustrious. It's a real passion to stay as a creator of one original style, not being a slave of trends.

For me here is a good moment to quit my support, at least for a while. I prefer enjoy Eurobeat privately away from this funny hype.
Last edited by Crockett on 20 Feb 2019, 16:07, edited 6 times in total.

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 27 Sep 2018, 01:26

I've read/heard that SEB will be continuing as an annual release moving forward, possibly as a new series/not under the "Super Eurobeat" name. My two cents is: an annual physical release of new songs as a non-stop mix along with a coinciding digital release of the extended versions would be nice.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 27 Sep 2018, 02:31

xiao wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 05:29Kind of wanted to bump this thread again to jot down somewhere some random thoughts ..

I love Eurobeat and Pop music, they don't have to compete with each other, like Panu mentioned here. More often than not we find similarities between types & genres, much like how the similarities among human beings goes deeper than skin and nationalities

I rejoice when I hear new music, and make no distinction, to me music is art. And art is a living photograph, like two translucent wings placed on our backs, capable of shooting the human heart above the firmament of the stars
I made an audio version of my post to avoid confusion :D

[click here] Image
🪐

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 29 Sep 2018, 17:55

Over the years italian producers presented mediocrity, they also prefered to keep silent and keep their business safe. They agreed with all imposed in Japan trashy sounds since late 90's, while people still are looking for art, not cheap, cheese and underground music.

I can’t seriously find any producer in Europe who made 300 songs that have been refused, because the publisher wasn’t interested or even didn’t request for these tracks !

An obvious fact is that 95% of producers have never written even 200 songs during their entire career. A purpose is quality, diversity, own independent album, maybe once per year, which is a matter of honor and success.

This small group of Italians was always thankful down on the knees whatever they got from Japanese. Pitiful approach, sorry !
Last edited by Crockett on 20 Feb 2019, 16:35, edited 3 times in total.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 09 Oct 2018, 23:08

I was thinking...

At this turning point, at this milestone of vol. 250, it's up to us fans to forego the label with which we began and transcend into becoming artists ourselves.

I think music is like a seed, if it falls on fertile ground, it grows like a plant and bears fruit eventually. But if it lands on arid ground, the seed remains there and never bears fruit, content without any involvement.

For years I've been restless and never happy to call myself just a fan of any kind of art, let alone music, which I think saves lives in mysteriously profound ways.

My love & respect to every artist and piece of art that's inspired me. When a music lover starts inspiring others, just as he was once inspired, that fan becomes an artist... I hope to one day, like many of my friends here, inspire others as you keep inspiring me.

youtu.be/sXLM3bql52Q
🪐

Phil Jay Falcon

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 19 Feb 2019, 20:50

My random thoughts on Eurobeat today:

1. I envy this guy here ---> Click me! What would I give to meet just one Eurobeat-Star? Or visit also an Eurobeat-Studio?

2. Maybe i'm blind or i never noticed, but Pamsy is soooo beautiful (Click). <3

3. This forum.... has so less activity. Everytime i come here, there's less or nothing new. I'm a litte bit disappointed. :(

4. Why Eurobeat-music can't be sold worldwide? Avex forget that there are fans outside of Japan, too.

5. Ehm...., i forgot. :D