SCP's Eurobeat Kudos Series

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Re: SCP's Eurobeat Kudos Series Vol.9+ Unreleased & Extendeds Discussion

Post by #Infinity » 16 Apr 2018, 05:29

Mikaeru wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 03:48
#Infinity wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 02:58
Lebon14 wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 06:15I think, from now on, they're going to be released and published manually. My guess is that SCP didn't like Feiyr "ruining the surprise" by unveiling the tracklist a weeks to 2 months in advance. So, my guess it that we'll be seeing the tracklists when they'll be releasing. It either sucks or keeps the hype high. You choose. But we know we AT LEAST get 20 albums.
Any evidence of this?

youtu.be/idzexevfB7c
I mean Feiyr not liking the surprise being ruined, I already knew that teaser video existed.
ImageImage

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 16 Apr 2018, 13:12

#Infinity wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 05:29 I mean Feiyr not liking the surprise being ruined, I already knew that teaser video existed.
Ah, my bad, sorry.
Nope, no clue on *that* part.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 16 Apr 2018, 19:26

#Infinity wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 05:29 I mean Feiyr not liking the surprise being ruined, I already knew that teaser video existed.
Feiyr distribution also made samples public. Djtunes have 150sec samples.
I have no hard evidence of this, but this is the feeling I get. Otherwise, we would probably have the next batch updated.

EDIT

Eurobeat Go 2 Vol. 1 releases April 26 2018 on Juno and other places if Bandcamp wasn't your thing.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 17 Apr 2018, 13:24

https://open.spotify.com/user/sigmajump ... lLlDcLx6ug

Not sure if anyone would be interested (or if people have made it themselves), but threw together a Spotify playlist of the previously unreleased Eurobeat Kudos tracks. (Okay, some stuff is debatable, like Crazy Sexy Baby and Jump Around, and I count this version of Babyface as unreleased, but, well, just skip them then :P) (And not including alternate versions or remixes) - Hopefully got all of them though.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Apr 2018, 04:25

I'v been waiting for "Mystic Love (Extended)" for eons. I even had to resort to making my own extended. Anyway, nice to finally be getting the original extended. I think they should extended all of those 4 minute tracks on SEB series. I'l definitely have more reason to purchase these.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 19 Apr 2018, 05:24

I would like to note that they still have yet to release the following songs in extended format:

* Nick Mansell - Big Love
* Nick Mansell - Freedom Wild (I think this is now the only SCP Euromach song to never be publicly available in any format besides nonstop)
* Kiki & Fancy - That's Amore
* Christine - Dr. Feelgood

Hopefully, these early catalogue songs will make belated appearances on the Eurobeat Kudos series, like "Fightin' the Night" did.
ImageImage

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 19 Apr 2018, 13:15

#Infinity wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 05:24 I would like to note that they still have yet to release the following songs in extended format:

* Nick Mansell - Freedom Wild (I think this is now the only SCP Euromach song to never be publicly available in any format besides nonstop)

Hopefully, these early catalogue songs will make belated appearances on the Eurobeat Kudos series, like "Fightin' the Night" did.
http://forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtop ... =75#p62403
A bit buried in this thread, but a list of songs they might not be able to put on these because they apparently can't find the masters. (All four are in this list)

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 19 Apr 2018, 13:27

Mikaeru wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 13:15
#Infinity wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 05:24 I would like to note that they still have yet to release the following songs in extended format:

http://forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtop ... =75#p62403
A bit buried in this thread, but a list of songs they might not be able to put on these because they apparently can't find the masters. (All four are in this list)
They still searching in their records, I think.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 19 Apr 2018, 13:31

sethreed wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 13:27
They still searching in their records, I think.
Good to know.
Maybe they'll just call it "Eurobeat Kudos: The Lost Tapes" if they get found/released :D

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 19 Apr 2018, 23:59

椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 20 Apr 2018, 02:26

Just listening to it now, first song in... HoLEEEEEEEEEEEY did Move Your Body get butchered in the SEB edit.

!!!!!!!!! That's NOT the SEB version of Cover Girl D: Wonder how that change happened.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Apr 2018, 04:10

Mikaeru wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 02:26 Just listening to it now, first song in... HoLEEEEEEEEEEEY did Move Your Body get butchered in the SEB edit.

!!!!!!!!! That's NOT the SEB version of Cover Girl D: Wonder how that change happened.
For Move Your Body, the intro is shorter and then... they just cut a minute off. The usual.

For Cover Girl, I did a comparision. There are three big differences:
1. The intro is much much longer in the "Original Mix"
2. The "Original Mix" and the "SEB Version" have different riffs.
3. The bricking on the "SEB Version" makes some instruments stand out more vs. the "Original Mix".

I wonder if SCP have plans to release the "SEB Extended Versions" of Babyface and Cover Girls now? I wouldn't mind paying twice for 'em (in fact 3 times for Babyface).

Also I'm glad that the awful intro of Power Of Sound in the SEB edit isn't used here! The original one (used here and on the Initial D soundtracks) is so much better and much more epic.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 20 Apr 2018, 10:58

Mmmm in the case of Cover Girl I actually prefer the SEB edit by miles. The slightly lacking backgrounds feel like they are missing an entire layer of action.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 20 Apr 2018, 12:55

EbK Cover Girl is also a lot slower. 145 bpm, vs 158(?) for the SEB version. Do kinda prefer the original. Sounds more like a full-on Kiki & Fancy song. This version is... well, feels like a "slowed down Kiki & Fancy song". The same sort of sounds and style, just slow.
Kinda makes me wonder how the EbK version would sound pitched and sped back up... hmmm...

EDIT: Sped up without pitch shift sounds a fair bit better, but it still really feels lacking without that large bass-like synth the original had.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 20 Apr 2018, 13:22

I have to be puzzled about Avex's choice on not including Millionaire on SEB at any point, the track is just magnificent. Glad it got released finally!