DJ Boss considers recording Japanese Eurobeat

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: DJ Boss considers recording Japanese Eurobeat

Post by Lebon14 » 10 May 2018, 19:03

People are getting their hopes up but I have my doubts. Who tells you that this meeting is not about "make us new songs" and more like "let us continue distribute your existing tracks"? You know, you need a contract for distribution and they expire too.
Last edited by Lebon14 on 11 May 2018, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 May 2018, 20:07

Lebon14 wrote: 10 May 2018, 19:03 People are getting their hopes up but I have my doubts. Who tells you that this meeting is about "make us new songs" and more like "let us continue distribute your existing tracks"? You know, you need a contract for distribution and they expire too.
Because Lebon, we're all living in that ultra sunny, with rays-of-bliss land called Dreamland. You're over there in that dark shadowy area called Reality and we don't go over there. You need to come over here with us!

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 11 May 2018, 02:16

Bonkers wrote: 10 May 2018, 20:07
Lebon14 wrote: 10 May 2018, 19:03 People are getting their hopes up but I have my doubts. Who tells you that this meeting is about "make us new songs" and more like "let us continue distribute your existing tracks"? You know, you need a contract for distribution and they expire too.
Because Lebon, we're all living in that ultra sunny, with rays-of-bliss land called Dreamland. You're over there in that dark shadowy area called Reality and we don't go over there. You need to come over here with us!
Oh, so I live in reality. HAHAHA

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 11 May 2018, 14:18

Lebon14 wrote: 10 May 2018, 19:03Who tells you that this meeting is not about "make us new songs" and more like "let us continue distribute your existing tracks"?
Or the meeting purpose is to record the last goodbye videos for DVD in SEB Vol. 250. 8)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 May 2018, 18:13

Crockett wrote: 11 May 2018, 14:18
Lebon14 wrote: 10 May 2018, 19:03Who tells you that this meeting is not about "make us new songs" and more like "let us continue distribute your existing tracks"?
Or the meeting purpose is to record the last goodbye videos for DVD in SEB Vol. 250. 8)
Or that.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 30 May 2018, 13:34

DJ BOSS in Italy!各レーベルプロデューサー達と今後についてミーティング。ファンの皆さんにきっと良いお知らせを届けてくれるはず!

Translated : DJ BOSS in Italy! Meeting with each label producer and future. It should surely bring good news to all the fans! :!:

Source : https://twitter.com/avexsebofficial/sta ... 4270455808

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 30 May 2018, 19:00

Bratt Sinclaire did a livestream on FB last night where he was meeting with Avex SEB staff in a Milan restaurant - including DJ Boss. Was brief but interesting. :)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 30 May 2018, 23:53

If they do agree to continue work with Avex, I hope they negotiate their contracts to allow more freedom of sales and tracks. If other labels want to follow in the steps of SCP, 3B, & Hi-NRG Attack and release independent tracks on various platforms, they should be able to.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 31 May 2018, 04:58

Bonkers wrote: 30 May 2018, 23:53 If they do agree to continue work with Avex, I hope they negotiate their contracts to allow more freedom of sales and tracks. If other labels want to follow in the steps of SCP, 3B, & Hi-NRG Attack and release independent tracks on various platforms, they should be able to.
A thousand times yes. Eurobeat deserves to thrive at least somewhat independently. The recent Eurobeat Kudos releases were precisely what got me totally addicted to eurobeat again after mostly losing interest in the genre for a few years.
ImageImage

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 31 May 2018, 08:50

#Infinity wrote: 31 May 2018, 04:58 A thousand times yes. Eurobeat deserves to thrive at least somewhat independently. The recent Eurobeat Kudos releases were precisely what got me totally addicted to eurobeat again after mostly losing interest in the genre for a few years.
Off topic kinda, but I'm in exactly the same boat. When I spotted the Eurobeat Kudos releases coming out with so many Euromach tracks, it really got me back into EB again. I don't know where the rights for A-Beat C and TIME's back catalogue lies - be it solely with Avex or the Italo producers originally involved - but I wish someone, be it Avex or whoever, would just put out back catalogue releases on all the sites SCP are with every track from start to finish. So many unreleased tunes or tunes only ever released megamix/radio edit. I mean, all I imagine anyone wants is to have the tracks shoveled into sets of 12-15 songs as SCP have been doing. Doesn't need fancy artwork. How much effort can it really be? And I alone would buy a LOT of them, as I'm sure several of you would.

Are you listening Avex team? :D Put all these classic tunes up in the west and WE WILL BUY THEM! I mean, it's basically free money!

Maybe the guys at SCP can give them a nudge about how to do it. ;)

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 06 Jun 2018, 13:53

More covers... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr--GVIoluU
They will be published in the new Eurobeat project ?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 06 Jun 2018, 13:58

Hunh that wasn't halfbad either. These covers are actually quite interesting. Hopefully they'll bring some life into the J-euro scene.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 06 Jun 2018, 21:28

The USA cover is close to a month old already...sadly you guys are a bit behind. These are NOT eurobeat...they’re meant to inspire the old Italodisco/Eurobeat origins sounds melded with current minimal/house influences.

I’m fairly certain that the Japanese eurobeat at this point will come in the form of Japanese covers of new songs being released ahead of their English counterpart and Japanese labels next to Italian labels on the future compilation.
Creative Director, Higher Illusion
Digital Media Strategist/Contributor, Nick the Beat
http://disco-nrg.com/higherillusion