YOU ARE MY LOVE/SKARLETT O’NEAL

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
taQ
Eurobeat Master

YOU ARE MY LOVE/SKARLETT O’NEAL

Post by taQ » 05 Jun 2018, 15:51

Coming soon from Nick the Beat!!!
Melody Castellari returns to eurobeat again <3
Digital release.
Creative Director, Higher Illusion
Digital Media Strategist/Contributor, Nick the Beat
http://disco-nrg.com/higherillusion

Bonkers
Euroheater

Re: YOU ARE MY LOVE/SKARLETT O’NEAL

Post by Bonkers » 05 Jun 2018, 19:42

Who was she? Was she the one over all the chipmunk vocals? Please say yes!

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 05 Jun 2018, 19:55

Bonkers wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 19:42 Who was she? Was she the one over all the chipmunk vocals? Please say yes!
She sang those (on what I own) :

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 05 Jun 2018, 20:08

Bellissima voce ~!😍🎤 <33

youtu.be/kryFTPw0PjA
🪐

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Jun 2018, 20:44

Melody Castellari was my favourite eurobeat singer 10 years ago, but it clearly seems like her voice really weakened over the course of time. Maybe it’s because she’s a smoker (based on her Facebook profile), or just that the pipes got fatigued from recording literally thousands of dance songs, eurobeat or not, but the gap in singing quality between her early work with Hi-NRG Attack in the late 1990s versus more recent travesties like “Ike Ike 2009” and “Internet Kills the Eurobeat Stars” is tragic.

I still highly respect and appreciate Melody for contributing so much to the Italian dance market throughout her career, but I’m not confident whether she’ll be in prime condition for a new eurobeat song or if she’ll once again sound really strained when recording new material. Fingers crossed.
ImageImage

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 05 Jun 2018, 20:49

Yes as Rain197 mentioned above, Melody Castellari has an extensive Eurobeat history on Hi-NRG Attack, Vibration and Saifam. We have heard her voice in its natural state (You Are My Paradise/Lou Lou Marina), but pitched up to perfection as well (Pagyaru/Mara Nell, Lovers in the Night/Maddy Layne).

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 05 Jun 2018, 23:01

Leslie Hammond - Run & Run has to be one of my top tracks.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 05 Jun 2018, 23:40

#Infinity wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 20:44 Melody Castellari was my favourite eurobeat singer 10 years ago, but it clearly seems like her voice really weakened over the course of time. Maybe it’s because she’s a smoker (based on her Facebook profile), or just that the pipes got fatigued from recording literally thousands of dance songs, eurobeat or not, but the gap in singing quality between her early work with Hi-NRG Attack in the late 1990s versus more recent travesties like “Ike Ike 2009” and “Internet Kills the Eurobeat Stars” is tragic.

I still highly respect and appreciate Melody for contributing so much to the Italian dance market throughout her career, but I’m not confident whether she’ll be in prime condition for a new eurobeat song or if she’ll once again sound really strained when recording new material. Fingers crossed.
Debbie Downer, much?!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Jun 2018, 23:49

I think Melody's greatest two eurobeat songs are "Dancing in Maharaja" by Tri-Star and "Roppongi Carillon" by Blue Roses. Both are absolute classics that implement her voice to perfect effect, non-pitched and pitched, respectively.
para_rigby wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 23:40
#Infinity wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 20:44 Melody Castellari was my favourite eurobeat singer 10 years ago, but it clearly seems like her voice really weakened over the course of time. Maybe it’s because she’s a smoker (based on her Facebook profile), or just that the pipes got fatigued from recording literally thousands of dance songs, eurobeat or not, but the gap in singing quality between her early work with Hi-NRG Attack in the late 1990s versus more recent travesties like “Ike Ike 2009” and “Internet Kills the Eurobeat Stars” is tragic.

Debbie Downer, much?!
I'm trying to be constructively critical. I certainly wasn't alone in thinking many of Melody's later eurobeat songs had weak vocals, recalling the widespread backlash to "Pagal", "Internet Kills the Eurobeat Stars", etc. She could turn out great in her upcoming tracks, depending on how she's utilized, but if Nick Festari allows her to fall into the same recurrent trap as when she returned to Hi-NRG Attack in the late 2000s, then it'll likely be the same story. She needs more material that allows her to elegantly shine with soul, not struggle to hit her notes.
ImageImage

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 06 Jun 2018, 13:53

Pagyaru is a fabulous track :idea:

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 07 Jun 2018, 01:53

taQ wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 13:53 Pagyaru is a fabulous track :idea:
It sure is!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Jun 2018, 00:54

椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 13 Jun 2018, 02:14

It's actually pretty good! I love the slower, rockier groove it has compared to previous songs penned by Nick Festari. It's definitely a welcome comeback to eurobeat for Melody Castellari.
ImageImage

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 13 Jun 2018, 22:45

#Infinity wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 02:14 It's actually pretty good! I love the slower, rockier groove it has compared to previous songs penned by Nick Festari. It's definitely a welcome comeback to eurobeat for Melody Castellari.
Thank you for welcoming us back with open arms!

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 14 Jun 2018, 13:43

Lebon14 wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 00:54 Promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEt1dXFGeTM
yaaay :!:
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open