Super Eurobeat and streaming services like Spotify

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Nine
Mr. Domino

Super Eurobeat and streaming services like Spotify

Post by Nine » 31 Oct 2018, 03:44

I don't know about you guys but I would absolutely adore SEB1-250 available to listen on Spotify. The special collections from iTunes as well.
I also haven't really looked around but on the Canadian version of Spotify Domino's first and second albums from Avex Trax as well as the Popteen single are available to stream. There are a few "Super Eurobeat presents" albums available to stream too.

I don't know about you guys but these days I predominately use streaming services to listen to music and would love more access to Eurobeat through that. <3

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: Super Eurobeat and streaming services like Spotify

Post by Lebon14 » 31 Oct 2018, 04:17

Japan has all SEBs on Spotify and Apple Music AFAIK. Region-locked of course.
I think the other regions also have SEBs but severaly amputated because, y'know, copyrights.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 31 Oct 2018, 19:29

I think streaming services are good for discovering new music, but in general, I like to download music. I can definitely tell the difference in audio quality between a streamed song and a high quality mp3.

Also, I don't think most streaming services allow for device downloads if you're using the free versions. Since I listen to my music in the car alot, I don't want to be streaming and have the song stop when I lose service.

It would be a great thing to have though, for those who it's practical for. Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on it expanding to be more than it is now, except for the independent labels that are putting their content out.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 01 Nov 2018, 07:20

I found some Initial D albums on Spotify... some of the better songs from them are completely blanked out and unavailable (thanks Avex) while most are available to listen.

How do you get a Japanese Spotify/Apple Music acct? :D hehe

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 01 Nov 2018, 07:48

Nine wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 07:20How do you get a Japanese Spotify/Apple Music acct? :D hehe
From what I've heard on IDW is that you only need to login with a VPN/proxy to japanese spotify.
Once you are logged in it will keep the region for about a week or two and you need to relogin with a japanese ip, but until the time runs out you can listen with any ip you like.

magiblot
Eurocurious

Post by magiblot » 01 Nov 2018, 20:07

alpines wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 07:48
Nine wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 07:20How do you get a Japanese Spotify/Apple Music acct? :D hehe
From what I've heard on IDW is that you only need to login with a VPN/proxy to japanese spotify.
Once you are logged in it will keep the region for about a week or two and you need to relogin with a japanese ip, but until the time runs out you can listen with any ip you like.
Once you have a Japanese IP, you don't only have to log in to Spotify but you also have to edit your profile and set your country to JP (which you are not allowed to without a Japanese IP). Once that setting is saved you don't need to use the VPN anymore.
If you don't have Spotify Premium, however, Spotify JP is limited to 15 hours of listening a month.

By the way, Hi-NRG Attack has recently released many of their old albums into streaming services as well.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 05 Nov 2018, 01:09

sweet! thanks for the info on that.
I will sniff around Spotify for the Hi-NRG Attack stuff!