Review of Tornado & Friends

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
euro up north
Eurobeat Fan

Review of Tornado & Friends

Post by euro up north » 30 May 2005, 18:29

Tornardo and friends

15 new songs of Hi-nrg attack. After listening to Moo and Cool, my expectations were down to a zero-level.

1-2 A really ugly song. A song that i never would listen to again
3-4 Under avarage, a boring song, that has nothing.
5-6 Avarage song, that i could listen to, if i am doing things, but if i found the remotcontrol i would change.
7-8 Above avarage. A nice song, that could listen to in certain periods and choose for partys.
9-10 Songs that never dies. Songs that you will remember and could count in sleep.

1. Franz Tornardo: El coyote funkallero: An very average Tornardosong. The chimes you have heard before and either verse or refrain is anything spectacular.
Point: 5/10

2. Mad Cow and the REO of Bazookistan feat. the Balalaika-Girls: Push ska Babuska: The russian-eurobeat is great sometimes. Push ska Babuska is a great and robust song that you fast feel your head moving too. Nice verse and cool refrain.
Point: 7/10

3. Baby Bazooka: Caballero with sombrero: Yes it is the cover. And the orginal is always best. Baby don´t make any change and this song was so strong with a male voice. Now it is much thinner.
Point: 6/10

4. Garcon: Super-Kaiser: An average song of Garcon, with opera-voice in the song. But the verse and refrain don´t hit a peak.
Point : 6/10

5. Tri-Star: The gods of "Ike-Ike" has made a cover of the classic Venus, that has been covered a lot throug the years. Ike-Ike:s version don´t put a new dimension of the song. We have heard the song before in better forums.

6. Beat Man - Nippon Nippon: Another song we heard before. It is a great song, and the chimes is great in this song. One of the best songs of the album.

7. Bazooka Girl: The class of velfarre: The velfarre-songs of Bazooka girl is the most popular productions of Hi-nrg attack, but is not one of my favorites. But this song is quite good actually, and much better than the velfarre song from moo and cool. But the first velfarre song is still my - and propaly - the other fans favorite.

8. Tam Arrow: El Capitano Zorro: An averge Arrow-song. A lot of chimes, and you recognize the verse and refrain. The same concept Arrow used before.

9. Bratt Protone: The sound of the underground: A new guy, and the intro is great. And a song that is not build up of chimes. A soft song, and it is close to hit the mark over average.
Point 6+/10
10. Bazooka Girl: Nel blu dpinto di blu: A cover of the classic Volare - in the eurobeat way. A cool idea. It is almost working, but i don´t feel that they hit the refrain great, because of an up-stressed instrument in the middle of the refrain. But the song is great.

11. Tam Arrow: Come on baby to my gang: Another typical Arrow-song. Tam is not one of my attackfavorites. And this is - like many of the other songs - an very average song. This song is like all Arrow songs, much chimes, same-sounding verse and bridge. The refrain is simple and you forget it, right after you listen to it.

12. Jeff Driller - Pistol you, pistol me: Arrow and Driller almost sound the same, with their chimes-built songs. The refrain is simple and boring.

13.Tam Arrow: Searching for the hero in the night: Great intro, and the chimes hit right spots. A speedy and hungry Arrow song. Strong refrain. More of that for Arrow thanks.

14. Jeff Driller: Super trooper warrior boy: Sounds like 11, 12 song. Very average, and simple. This is maybe little better.
Point: 5+/10

15. Doll Sisters: Dandy candy girl: Revolution was a super-song. But the "new" Doll sisters can´t reach tha magic again. Dandy candy girl is a better song than super super girl, but far from Revolution. A quite average song, nothing special and a very simple refrain.
Point: 6+/10

Conclusion: Not one song hit a high mark. Hi-nrg attack don´t prove their scills, and i must say, that i am disapointed in this album. I thought i would found a lot of top songs, because the company has had a very high hit-percent. I estimate like 40% percent, but after listening to both the albums no one of the 30 songs reach hit-mark. And that is not a good thing for Hi-nrg attack. Get back to the basics and listen espercially to the euromachsongs. Where is the magic of Black Eva and Doll sisters revolution. I miss that. Hi-nrg attack is the leader of eurobeat - and still are. But the next albums must have more to offer.

Point: 5+/10

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 31 May 2005, 08:55

I very like
Garcon: Super-Kaiser
Tri-Star: Venus
Bratt Protone: The sound of the underground
Jeff Driller - Pistol you, pistol me
Tam Arrow: Searching for the hero in the night- the best song on the album!

So yeah, this compilation not was the best choose from the HRG list.
It is right for Bazooka angels too. :(
There are so many cool songs, I think about Joe D.Toaster's Samurai Samurai what should had place on this album instead of Nippon Nippon. We have that already from the previous album.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Jun 2005, 13:16

8) Where is Superknife??. I can't play it on my stereo, because Avex doesn't let you burn thier songs. Not a very good review and from what I hear those chimes are getting annoying? Still I will get anyway, because I love Macho male vocalists. Thier voices, not them guys! :twisted:

euro up north
Eurobeat Fan

Post by euro up north » 01 Jun 2005, 16:49

Still I will get anyway, because I love Macho male vocalists.
Don´t be afraid of walking out of the closet. I will stand up for you anyway.... :lol:

Well, don´t be scared of my review. It is not sure that you and I have the same taste, so you should listen for yourself.
It is a good thing to support Hi-nrg attack. That will make release more songs and more often.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 02 Jun 2005, 07:37

I am as like as DRNRG, I never listen music on my computer!
So Avex's @music not so good for me. And the biggest problem with @music is the poor quality of the songs. Like a 96kbit mp3 or something.
The high sounds are shit, etc.
That's why I wanna get Joe D.Toaster's Samurai or Garcon's Walk around the jungle and other good songs on cd release.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K